THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT - let's write a parody

Let's write a parody together. I'm thinking more along these lines -

The compassionate, big-hearted government started ordering banks to help the poor by giving them risky home loans through community organizers. Which resulted in a bigger demand for houses, which resulted in higher prices, which resulted in slimmer chances of getting the money back, which resulted in more pressure on the banks, which resulted in repackaging of bad loans, which resulted in a collapse of the banking industry, which resulted in a recession, which resulted in the borrowers losing jobs, which resulted in their inability to repay the banks, which resulted in a national crisis, which resulted in a world-wide disaster, with billions of innocent poor people overseas - who had never even met a community organizer, let alone applied for a bad loan - becoming even poorer than they had been before "progressives" in the US government decided to help the poor.

And what do our big-hearted, conscientious "progressives" propose to fix this mess, which made everybody poorer? The only trick known to them - take more of our money and nationalize the banks so that they could keep issuing loans to the poor through community organizers.

Which warrants a question: if government regulators blame capitalism every time their tampering creates a crisis, whom will they credit when market forces resuscitate the economy?

If we could rhyme all this in the style of Jack's house, we can create a timeless satirical classic. Here's the approximate sequence - not rhymed - not necessarily in these particular terms, but to give you an idea:

• This is the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And this is the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And these are the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And these are the banks that went broke by issuing loans that were ordered by the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And this is the US economy that collapsed because of the banks that went broke by issuing loans that were ordered by the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And this is the world that went into crisis because of the US economy that collapsed because of the banks that went broke by issuing loans that were ordered by the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And these are the people who lost their jobs after the world went into crisis because of the US economy that collapsed because of the banks that went broke by issuing loans that were ordered by the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And this is the eager community organizer again, elected by the people who lost their jobs after the world went into crisis because of the US economy that collapsed because of the banks that went broke by issuing loans that were ordered by the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.
  • And this is his plan to get out of the fix by taking more money from the people who lost their jobs so he could nationalize the banks that went broke by issuing loans that were ordered by the helpful Congressmen, lobbied by the eager community organizer, who rallied to mortgage the house that was built for the poor Jack.

The last line is breaking the sequence - it's not good, but at this point I don't know how to make it better. The line below is not part of the sequence but it makes an important point, and I don't know yet how to reconcile it.
  • And this is the forgotten man, who worked hard, who paid his mortgage, his bills, and his taxes, kept a good credit score, contributed to charity, raised his family, and who needs no bailout - but upon whose back all of this will ride.
And maybe a couple more lines if needed. It would be great to have some similarity to the original, if that's possible.

Post your suggestions - a line, an idea, or the whole thing rewritten. The Politburo will then put the matching pieces together into the final version.

And then we can make an educational video with it, to teach economics to our children and their children's children.

Above is the book about Jack's house translated into the Mother tongue. That's how I'm familiar with this English classic. I knew it by heart when I was still the size of a toy shovel!

Why Jack?
Why not Shaq?

This is the shack that poor Shaq built
It was his crib, I would not fib, and it was fine.
All it took was Fred and Fannie and a mortgage that was sub-prime.
It was no crime, liar loans iz done all da time, come Franklin Raines or sunshine.
So Red Square better quit his nasty hate da poor crap
Or some Chicago gangsta from da hood will bust a cap.
Waz dis shit about good credit?
Gubmint iz da hand dat shred it!

Jack my ass....Red and his honkie ass trying to divide us by race!

Alright, Mr. Obama. I see we can now make music video with this. Yours will be the title score if you can record it.

We can make it like the Conjunction Junction only without the cartoons. Not possible? But Mr. Obama, you are giving Reaganesque speeches all the time only without the Reagan in them. You're like an Oscar-winning movie without the film. Rhyme that, m******r!

You, sir, are like a little girl, only without sugar and spice, and everything nice!

Reaganesque

OK, here it goes....

I've just declared peace on the Soviet Union.
The bonging will start in five minutes......

Where's Ayers? He was smoking some good shit with Colmes last night. I want some of that.
That's about as Reaganesque as I'm gonna get.

Hey, Mr. Obama - can I use this quote of yours in the headlines column called "Transmissions from Laika"?

And, Mr. Obama, while we're at it, why don't you start a new thread on the Blog with your version of Reaganesque?

Ronald Reagan wrote: Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.

Coersion, after all, merely captures man. Freedom captivates him.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.

This surely requires revision to match the Current Truth.

More examples here: https://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ronald_Reagan

<off>
Haha, the first thing that popped into my mind was...

"This is the house that Jack bilked, from the federal teat that he milked."

I like the concept, would like to explore it further, but must toddle off to bed now after having to self medicate with adult beverages while trying to stomach observe the Obamanomics Pepto Abysmal Pep Rally.

Is this something like what you have in mind?

This the house that Jack built.

This is the car parked next to
the house that Jack built.

This is the home equity loan,
to purchase the car,
parked next to the house,
that Jack built.

This is the lender, who gave Jack the loan,
to purchase the car,
parked next to the house,
that Jack built.

Doesn't exactly rhyme, but I'm sure more creative minds could improve on the concept.

Thought I'd take another stab at it:

This is the McMansion that Jack built.

This is the money,
That paid for the McMansion that Jack built.

This is the lender,
That gave out the money,

This is congress the spender,
That pressured the lender,
That gave out the money,

This is Fannie & Freddie,
That was congress the spender,
That gave out the money,

This is the borrower, who's wealth is not sworn,
That Fannie & Freddie helped sleep through the morn,
That was congress the spender,
That gave out the money,

This is the car, that's fueled by corn,
That belongs to the borrower who sleeps through the morn,
That thanks to Fannie & Freddie,
That came from congress the spender,
That gave out the money,

This is the loan, from home equity born,
That purchased the car, fueled by corn,
That belongs to the borrower, who sleeps through the morn,
That gave out the money,

This is the bubble, whose surface has torn,
That helped get the loan, from home equity born,
That gave out the money,

This is the taxpayer, feeling forlorn,
That pays for the bubble, whose surface has torn,
That helped get the loan, from home equity born,
That gave out the money,

Excellent, Border Collie Patrol!

It's not exactly how I planned it, but I love it! It made me laugh out loud. I'm only not sure about the Freddie and Fannie line, it seems out of place rhythmically.

Let's see if anyone else posts anything.

Red Square wrote:Hey, Mr. Obama - can I use this quote of yours in the headlines column called "Transmissions from Laika"?

Obama=Laika?

LOL. Perhaps I should rename "Transmissions from Laika" to "Transmissions from Obama"

Red Square wrote:Excellent, Border Collie Patrol!

It's not exactly how I planned it, but I love it! It made me laugh out loud. I'm only not sure about the Freddie and Fannie line, it seems out of place rhythmically.

Let's see if anyone else posts anything.

<off>
Thanks much, Glorious Leader!

I agree about the Freddie and Fannie line. I was trying to get that in there somehow, yet try to adhere to the pattern in the original nursery rhyme as I remember it in the link below.

https://www3.amherst.edu/~rjyanco94/literature/mothergoose/rhymes/thisisthehousethatjackbuilt.html

...and make it rhyme (sorta) which was a bit of a challenge. Altho, obviously the Freddie and Fannie line doesn't rhyme all too well.

I have since re-read what you were thinking of and my version of the house that Jack built is a bit of a different angle. But as I mentioned before, I think there are lots of possibilities here and personally would love to see what others may come up with, or if so inclined, to feel free to improve on what I started with.

Hmmm...maybe Freddie & Fannie would work better in "Jack & Jill"!

Freddie & Fannie went up the Hill...(Capitol Hill?) to fetch a pail of water...
(Of course they cater to those who drink the water, rather than carry it.)

It appears to me that there's a gold mine of possible material using the nursery rhyme theme!

F&F belong in somehow, but then so does the other F: FWANK!

This is the ass pirate who plundered the Freddy
Who was busy making sure all poor men were ready
To exploit their race and borrow with haste
from lenders with guilt
and move into the house that Jack built.

This is the moonbat
clad in a foil hat
who listened to the MSM
as it praised its golden dem
who organized communities
according to their abilities

...ok, now i'm reaching.

Obama's answer to THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT:

YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!