The Logic of a Progressive Liberal

I saw an article on Daily Kos claiming Jim Cramer uses CNBC to manipulate stocks. Of course, this personal attack has nothing to do with Cramer recently criticizing Obama's massive spending plan. Really. REALLY!

So I was reading through the thousands of comments, all praising Obama and denouncing evil rethuglicans and democrats such as Cramer and Byrd who showed any kind of dissent toward the policies of his 'Olyness. I came across this particular comment which was receiving all kinds of acclaim:

Years ago, my wife once asked me as we drove by some of the mini-palaces in West Palm, "what does one have to do in order to have a house like these?"

I said, "you have to be willing to commit crime."

Who is "worth" $30 million a year? Or in bonuses? Wall Street CEOs? Baseball players? Who?
Well, where does that $30 million come from? I mean, money is either worth something, in which case it represents the labor of some group of people, or it isn't, in which case none of this matters. So, if we take a round number like, uh, say $6,000 per year as necessary for basic groceries for a family of 5, then let's give Alex Rodriguez a salary of "just" $3 million; the remaining $24 million he actually earns would pay for groceries for 4,000 families of 5 per year. But another way to look at it, is that that $24 million ultimately has to come from somewhere, meaning many families have a little less money to spend on groceries so that Alex can play for the Yankees.

The problem is US. We allow ourselves to accept the notion of wealth run amok as the sign of a healthy, free economy. But in reality, wealth run amok is always the sign of a diseased, collapsing, immoral and decidedly restricted economy. But it's up to us to convince ourselves and our neighbors that we can't let ourselves believe in money that grows on trees anymore.

The problem is too much wealth! Clearly, this man understands economics. If a private entity decides to play a professional sports player less money, it means that all families will have thousands of dollars more to buy groceries with!

Mr. Kosonomics wrote:The problem is US. We allow ourselves to accept the notion of wealth run amok as the sign of a healthy, free economy. But in reality, wealth run amok is always the sign of a diseased, collapsing, immoral and decidedly restricted economy.

And the only way to cure these restrictions is through a myriad of tough restrictions handed down by patient and thoughtful government planners on how much money any one person is allowed to earn. We call this Freedom. We call this... Moral Freedom™, or even better, Socially-Conscious Freedom™. It is freedom -- planned freedom -- that will ensure a safer, gentler, fairer and, uh, fairer society.

Speaking of Socially-Conscious Freedom, Detroit is falling apart because New York is too prosperous! STOP NEW YORK, NOW! Rally and protest March 13, 2009 outside NY City Hall. Bring sad children holding posters decrying the unfair treatment of Detriot, the war in Iraq and the cruel oppression of Detroit Pygmy Sex Workers.

I tried to read that crap on Koz and barely made it through the first couple screens. *yawn* STFU! Everything on Gaia that makes a profit is a conspiracy... Heard it all before, Kos, STFU.