The Party Bestows WYSIWYG Editor Upon the Masses

It is our collective pleasure to present our new WYSIWYG Rich Text - Poor Text Editor (RTPTE) - a gift from the Party and the Politburoto the People for the Winter Solstice.

From now on, workers and peasants will be able to post rich text, poor text, and oppressed media content on the People's Cube with even more equal zeal, loyalty, and vigilance.

We dedicate the new Text Editor to the fallen heroes of the Visual Agitation Directorate, many of whom had been executed in their cubicles in order to motivate the surviving co-workers and co-peasants to complete the glorious RTPTE ahead of schedule.

You need to be registered as a Party member. Start a post in the reply box at the bottom of the thread, then click on "Preview." You will be taken to a new page that displays RTPTE in all its glory.

RTPTE works equally in all modes - WYSIWYG, HTML, and plain old BBCode. Format your text just as you would do it with Microsoft Word, insert colors, clipart, symbols and special characters, link or upload your own graphics.

• You can now insert a table that will allow you to position text in two or more columns! This comes handy when you want to have your text to the right of your image and not above or below it. The table properties are limited, so don't waste time formatting it in HTML - all your attributes will disappear by the glorious invisible hand of the Rich Text-Poor Text Editor. However, if you are familiar with HTML, you can still create rich content with your favorite HTML editor, and then post it in the good old BB Code mode, which is the same mode that we had along.
  • The Clipart section contains around 200 carefully selected small and medium images divided into 14 categories. The Word Art section has a dozen images with text. Smileys have been especially designed for the Cube and are divided into two categories. We urge you to explore our vigorously censored art collections!
  • Uploading images is very easy. RTPTE renames them by assigning it a Party-approved alphanumeric rank number, but you will still be able to use them later, as we are planning to open that area for collective use (as clipart) as soon as enough images have been deposited by the users. Try to keep the images reasonably small. The limits on width and sizes are displayed in the uploading window, but smaller images are encouraged.
  • Posting YouTube, Google, Yahoo, and other flash videos has been made so easy that all you have to do now is paste a URL from the video page into the dialogue box on RTPTE and you're done!
  • A virtual keyboard will allow you to insert words and characters from different alphabets! We have limited the number of alphabets to avoid thoughtcrime, but if you have special preferences, let us know!

Please use responsibly. Report any bugs, suggestions, and thoughtcrime in this thread.

NOTE: Bugs that fell in your borsht must be reported to Commissarka Pinkie only! If you have recently acquired bugs via collective entertainment activities and you would like to share them further with the collective, DO NOT do it here. Ask Commissar Theocritus for guidance.

Keep the Cube rolling!

Once again we leave imperialistic capitalists with their immoral and inferior economic system choking in our dust! Only a centrally planned system governed by compassionate intellectual elites, such as our Enlightened Leader, could have produced such a glorious example of technological progress! How proud must those families be whose loved ones were martyred for the Greater Good™!

And what a glorious tradition continues…

Sputnik!
Gagarin!
Red October!
The Cuban health care system!
Our new WYSIWYG editor!

Oh, what promises the future holds!

Our rich text is the richest text in the world!

Teacher: Children, make a sentence with the word rich.

Blogunov Jr. : Rich Text Editor on the People's Cube is rich in progress! It's Party-approved and automatically corrects thoughtcrime of rich ruling classes.

Teacher:
Thank you, comrade Blogunov Jr.! I would like to democratically appoint you to be class president, speaker of the house, chief justice, and executioner all at once!

Umhhhh vodka! The Nobel Prize! Vodka! Ummmmhhhh! Executions! Ahhmmmuuunnnhhhh. Vodka! VODKA! Ahhhh mmmmmmm let me tell you - it's good to be in a vodka induced state of Collective Thought™. The People, they don't know what they are missing. Fucking potatoes. Hmmmmm wait a minute, what's this? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?

Ummmhhhh I just kind of got sober. You know what I mean. You are enjoying yourself having a nice buzz and some class enemy suddenly appears and ruins it all.

Ummmhhhhhh ahhh ummmmhhhh. Vodka.

Ok I'm awake now. And I'm pissed off! Did someone change the Cube to give users more CHOICE? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Who is responsible for this? Nixon?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Ummmhhhhhh vodka.

Vodka. Fuck Stalin! Ummmhhhh sleep. Vodka. Empress. Tits. Ummmmhhh. Huma.

[TABLE][TR][TD]
Image[/TD][TD]This is going to changethe world![/TD][/TR][TR][TD][HIGHLIGHT=#000000]A small step for a webpage
A giant leap for the collective!
[/HIGHLIGHT]
[/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

There are some things that are kind of screwy though. I can't get text to format center inside a table and inside the table it always indents. I used the "Decrease Indent" button for the "This is going to change the world!" line, but I can't force it with the line below the picture.
Red Square, I smell [HIGHLIGHT=#ff0000]Kulak sabotage[/HIGHLIGHT].

It seems that every time you add special formatting, it inserts an indent. Perhaps we should use a rule of sticking to standard formatting inside paragraphs, and apply special formatting to whole paragraphs - at least until I figure out how to fix it.

Ooooh! Look at all those pretty buttons!
I wonder what this one does?

*click*

Hmm... didn't expect that. maybe this will do something....

*click*

Okay, that didn't turn out well. How do I fix this? Maybe this button?

*click*

Okay, I'm not going to do that again... wait, what's this one do?

*click*

Okay, this isn't working.Maybe this will do something....

*click*

So many buttons... need practice....

*click*

[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]
Oh well, time to give up.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I love the new editor Comrade Red Square! Once again, the party comes through! And virtual-multilingual keyboard! How internationally acceptable! Type inעברית,Έλληνας,اللغة العربية, العربية (most internationally acceptable), and most important,РУССКИЙ!

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
Red October!

Do not remind me. Evil Kapitalist! Stealing fine Soviet technology! HA! Just proves that we are superior!

I'll have to appoint a committee to study this when I have had a bit less of my daily vodka ration. Looks like a cool and utterly Progressive™ upgrade, however.

RedtheProgressiveFox wrote:I love the new editor Comrade Red Square! Once again, the party comes through! And virtual-multilingual keyboard! How internationally acceptable! Type inעברית,Έλληνας,اللغة العربية, العربية (most internationally acceptable), and most important,РУССКИЙ!

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
Red October!

Do not remind me. Evil Kapitalist! Stealing fine Soviet technology! HA! Just proves that we are superior!

Karakter Offskii: RtPF, have you studied Hebrew and Greek?

Karakter Onskii: The greatest insult was when Algore claimed to invent the internet and stole the credit due to that people's genius, Nikita Khrushchev. Remember the two cups connected with kite string? That was Khrushchev's idea!

If only I had more to offer the Glorious Red Square for the awesome wor contributions he has made to the work. How on Gore's Green Earth could Time choose Putin for Man of the Year and overlooking Red Square is beyond me!
Image And the wonderful clip art!!!Image I am in progressive paradise!!!

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
RedtheProgressiveFox wrote:I love the new editor Comrade Red Square! Once again, the party comes through! And virtual-multilingual keyboard! How internationally acceptable! Type inעברית,Έλληνας,اللغة العربية, العربية (most internationally acceptable), and most important,РУССКИЙ!
Komissar Blogunov wrote:Red October!

Karakter Offskii: RtPF, have you studied Hebrew and Greek?

Karakter Onskii: The greatest insult was when Algore claimed to invent the internet and stole the credit due to that people's genius, Nikita Khrushchev. Remember the two cups connected with kite string? That was Khrushchev's idea!
<Character>

Why yes, Komissar Blogunov. I have a very (and note *very*) basic grasp of Greek and have an advanced basic/lower intermitted level of Hebrew. I am still studying though. My plan is to get fluent in Hebrew and have a strong grasp on Greek. We will see from there. I always wanted to learn another language. I am enjoying it.

<Character>

Hebrew? Greek? You mad comrade! Such languages are not part of our core system! Learn Russian, dang it! Or if you are a fast learner, learn Arabic while it is still internationally acceptable.

What happened? I thought that the prophet was on our side??

Komissar Blogunov wrote:

Sputnik!
Gagarin!
Red October!
Our new WYSIWYG editor!

What does MArk Cuban have to do with a heealth care system. ... By Gore has he infiltrated the Peoples system?

LoneRedStar wrote:
Komissar Blogunov wrote:

Sputnik!
Gagarin!
Red October!
Our new WYSIWYG editor!

What does MArk Cuban have to do with a heealth care system. ... By Gore has he infiltrated the Peoples system?

He says here that when he dies, he wants to come back as himself. What could expedite Cuban's wishes quicker than the Cuban health care system?

RedtheProgressiveFox wrote:Why yes, Komissar Blogunov. I have a very (and note *very*) basic grasp of Greek and have an advanced basic/lower intermitted level of Hebrew. I am still studying though. My plan is to get fluent in Hebrew and have a strong grasp on Greek. We will see from there. I always wanted to learn another language. I am enjoying it.

Karakter Way Offskii:

שלום, comrade! I'm reading through Genesis in Hebrew. It's slow going, but there are stacks of reference works to help one along, and I'm currently in chapter 33. I'm hardly a scholar, but I plan to read through the Tenach in Hebrew and then go into the New Testament in Greek. When I'm done with that, I'll celebrate my 70th birthday and start over. Reading the Scriptures in the original yields a deeper understanding of the Word that's well worth taking the trouble to do. Plunge in! The sense comes more clear with practice, especially ויאמר which occurs frequently.
Karakter Onskii:

Thanks for the admonition. I might have had another stay at a Karl Marx treatment center or state university. There is no science but Global Warming, and Algore is its Prophet! Algore Akhbar!

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
שלום, comrade! I'm reading through Genesis in Hebrew. It's slow going, but there are stacks of reference works to help one along, and I'm currently in chapter 33. I'm hardly a scholar, but I plan to read through the Tenach in Hebrew and then go into the New Testament in Greek.

You can read these languages? I am most impressed![/justify]

Commissar Pupovich wrote:You can read these languages? I am most impressed!

...on a kindergarten level. That's why I'm thankful for all the helps that real scholars have put together for simpletons like me. By degrees, I hope to become more fluent, at least in reading, through practice.

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
RedtheProgressiveFox wrote:Why yes, Komissar Blogunov. I have a very (and note *very*) basic grasp of Greek and have an advanced basic/lower intermitted level of Hebrew. I am still studying though. My plan is to get fluent in Hebrew and have a strong grasp on Greek. We will see from there. I always wanted to learn another language. I am enjoying it.

Karakter Way Offskii:

שלום, comrade! I'm reading through Genesis in Hebrew. It's slow going, but there are stacks of reference works to help one along, and I'm currently in chapter 33. I'm hardly a scholar, but I plan to read through the Tenach in Hebrew and then go into the New Testament in Greek. When I'm done with that, I'll celebrate my 70th birthday and start over. Reading the Scriptures in the original yields a deeper understanding of the Word that's well worth taking the trouble to do. Plunge in! The sense comes more clear with practice, especially ויאמר which occurs frequently.
Karakter Onskii:

Thanks for the admonition. I might have had another stay at a Karl Marx treatment center or state university. There is no science but Global Warming, and Algore is its Prophet! Algore Akhbar!

[character 0 ]

Well in that case, (I probably misspelled the last word) שלום הבר מה שםעה

You probably know much more than me by taking that route. I started using the Pimsulear study because that was what was avalible to me at the time that I started. I figure that I now will just contine on and learn the modern hebrew and then back-track to the older hebrew. I am very anxious to be able to read though, one of the problems with using an audio system, it does not do much for reading. Despite that, they did teach me the pronouciations of the letters and I can read to a small extent, problably less than a kindergartener.

ויאמר

It means, "and say"? As I said before, reading is my weakness.

When it comes to Greek, I got that right from the start. I was given a wonderful book to study with and from the first page it has you diving right in reading it. When you are ready to start Greek, I strongly suggest the book, Basic Greek In 30 Minutes a Day by Jim Found. It is a wonderful book for those starting out. I have neither finshed nor used it lately because Hebrew has been my first focus as well.

I do not feel too bad about not being fluent yet. Heck, I have stuided English since about 3 and still do not get it.

[charcater 1]

**dizy** anybody else get the feeling as if we are being taken over by a strange force?

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
Commissar Pupovich wrote:You can read these languages? I am most impressed!

...on a kindergarten level. That's why I'm thankful for all the helps that real scholars have put together for simpletons like me. By degrees, I hope to become more fluent, at least in reading, through practice.

I just hope one day I can master PeopleSpeak™ so as to not fall into ThoughtCrime™!

RedtheProgressiveFox wrote:
ויאמר

It means, "and say"? As I said before, reading is my weakness.

[HIGHLIGHT=#fffbf0]"...and he said," which occurs frequently.[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT=#fffbf0]
שלום הבר מה שםעה
[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT=#fffbf0]Thank you for the kind greeting. Now, in the spirit of the season...[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT=#fffbf0]εν αρχη ην ό λογος, και ό λογος ην προς τον θεον, και θεος ην ό λογος...[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT=#fffbf0]Και ό λογος σαρξ εγενετο...[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT=#fffbf0]That's worth celebrating![/HIGHLIGHT]

Why yes comrade, reminds me of another one:

εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος .

(Look Ma! I can read and write Greek!)

My apologies about not replying sooner, I have not had much time for anything lately and needed to sit down for a few mintues to be able to translate.