The People Investigate #2: Cultural appropriation airlines??

Okay,

I know I am just a salesperson who will one day, in the most State-approved way, sell the revolution, and The Glorious World of Next Tuesday to the People, but there are juicy tidbits nobody here reports that I find.

So here goes one of them:

In spirit of everything around us being one way or another a form of cultural appropriation, ESPECIALLY breathing, because the air we inhale came from a foreign land, should we say that Cathay Pacific is cultural appropriation, because it's a Hong Kong airline that was founded by a white American, and an Australian?

Also, to make matters more intense, let's not even mention the fact that the logo is supposed to portray a very Asian calligraphic brush-stroke...:

Cathay.jpg
What do you korrekt thinking sleuths of the Cube think? Share with us your findings in the replies below!

But... "Betsy", a converted American made Douglas DC3, is fondly remembered as their first aircraft and today hangs suspended from the ceiling at the Hong Kong Science Museum. Isn't that a form of reverse appropriation? If so, do two opposing cultural appropriations equal social justice? Inquiring rodents want to know.

Captain Craptek wrote:But... "Betsy", a converted American made Douglas DC3, is fondly remembered as their first aircraft and today hangs suspended from the ceiling at the Hong Kong Science Museum. Isn't that a form of reverse appropriation? If so, do two opposing cultural appropriations equal social justice? Inquiring rodents want to know.

My dear squirrel, in a nutshell (pardon the unintentional rodent reference):

It only hangs there because the airline in question bought it back. Perhaps they are reverse cultural appropriating themselves, as you suggested, as in the appropriators appropriate while appropriating? As a person who is a veteran of the art of being a minority which is useful for getting away with what I want, maybe they have to now shame their own white roots to go full circle, and make said social justice.

The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote: My dear squirrel, in a nutshell (pardon the unintentional rodent reference):
Isn't the phrase "in a nutshell" itself a cultural appropriation from squirrels and that justifies their desperate actions to seek justice and reparations by ravaging human trash cans and bird feeders? That is how they protest the oppression. So the next time you see a squirrel stealing food, remember: (A) you deserve it, and (B) he's a social justice warrior fighting for a noble cause.

Let's introduce a new term: APPROPRIATIONAL JUSTICE.

No justice, no peace!

This is what a squirrel looks like when he has achieved justice and is at peace with the world.

Squirrel.jpg

Thank you, Comrade Square. I couldn't have said it better myself - and didn't.

C Craptek
Founding Member, LSRA (Long Suffering Rodents Auxiliary)

Red Square wrote:
The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote: My dear squirrel, in a nutshell (pardon the unintentional rodent reference):
Isn't the phrase "in a nutshell" itself a cultural appropriation from squirrels and that justifies their desperate actions to seek justice and reparations by ravaging human trash cans and bird feeders? That is how they protest the oppression. So the next time you see a squirrel stealing food, remember: (A) you deserve it, and (B) he's a social justice warrior fighting for a noble cause.

No justice, no peace!

This is what a squirrel looks like when he has achieved justice and is at peace with the world.

[img]/peoples_resource/image/44552-Squirrel.jpg[/img]

Not surprised. However State-approved the products the proletariat disposes, the squirrels have a long way to go. But that leads to a major thought: is the raccoon who also takes food appropriating squirrels, or a partner-in-proletariat-protesting? Dearest Craptek should know...

The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:
Red Square wrote:

No justice, no peace!

Squirrel.jpg

Not surprised. However State-approved the products the proletariat disposes, the squirrels have a long way to go. But that leads to a major thought: is the raccoon who also takes food appropriating squirrels, or a partner-in-proletariat-protesting? Dearest Craptek should know...

It's a secret known only to four-leggers. Unless you appropriate a couple of legs you're out of luck. Sorry.

Captain Craptek wrote: It's a secret known only to four-leggers. Unless you appropriate a couple of legs you're out of luck. Sorry.

Eh. so long as we the revolutionaries for the Glorious World of Next Tuesday have help from our four-legged, and two-legged friends, or whatever, I don't care!

The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote: It's a secret known only to four-leggers. Unless you appropriate a couple of legs you're out of luck. Sorry.

Eh. so long as we the revolutionaries for the Glorious World of Next Tuesday have help from our four-legged, and two-legged friends, or whatever, I don't care!

FOUR LEGS GOOD! TWO LEGS BAD! FOUR LEGS GOOD! TWO LEGS B-A-A-D!

Life at the top of the food chain can be rough, but at least the chow is better.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Life at the top of the food chain can be rough, but at least the chow is better.

Well, you aren't wrong.

I just love the fact that this section turned from a conversation about an airline to a conversation about our resident animal friend revolutionary; quite the magic of The People's Cube.

The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:I just love the fact that this section turned from a conversation about an airline to a conversation about our resident animal friend revolutionary; [highlight=#ffff00]quite the magic of The People's Cube[/highlight].

And/or beet vodka!

Captain Craptek wrote:
The people's Anthony Sullivan wrote:I just love the fact that this section turned from a conversation about an airline to a conversation about our resident animal friend revolutionary; [highlight=#ffff00]quite the magic of The People's Cube[/highlight].

And/or beet vodka!

Exactly

If it hasn't been over yet, apparently, they performed a slip-up in naming. Whether this is fresh newfound evidence relevant to this case shall be determined by you, the people who have been nothing but tom-fooling very serious in this reply section.