The Spirit of the Beehive and Firefox

From Slate: Purge the Bigots
Brendan Eich is just the beginning. Let's oust everyone who donated to the campaign against gay marriage. By William Saletan

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let's not stop here. If we're serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.

More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor's employer. …

Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.

Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let's go get them. …

If we're serious about taking down corporate officers who supported Proposition 8, and boycotting employers who promote them, we'd better get cracking on the rest of the list.

The Spirit of the Beehive is a 1973 Spanish movie about a young girl who, after seeing the movie Frankenstein, doesn't understand why the monster killed the little girl or why the townspeople then killed the monster. The movie is a beautifully produced allegory of society in an authoritarian state turning into a beehive mentality and, in ascribing to those outside of their hive monsters, turn their society into a murdering monster.

In the movie Frankenstein, used so effectively in The Spirit of the Beehive, the creature created by Doctor Frankenstein wasn't the homicidal maniac. The creature was younger and more innocent in nature than the little girl it accidentally killed. The MONSTER which doctor Frankenstein unwittingly produced was the murderous mob that burned down his castle. The mob itself was the monster.

The Spirit of the Beehive as a concept in the movie of that name is the mob mentality created in an authoritarian society, the hive, that attacks everything that is a threat to the hive. It is not even tribal in nature, as primitive as that is; tribalism is at least a primitive HUMAN trait. It is knee-jerk reactionary sting. The Spirit of the Beehive, the monster being created by the Left, is pre-human, it is animal in nature.

And it means to kill.

By the antiquated and outmoded concept of a "Supreme Being", Comrade Rock, that is a fine looking product. Does it drown them? This seems unnecessarily quick and soft-hearted. I do love watching progressives trying to get out of something they got themselves into on a warm summer evening.

What does your trap use for bait?

Comrade Terman, the ACME™ Progressive Trap uses recordings of the sweet, smarmy lies of various progressive leaders, such as Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and our very own Comrade Prezzy Barackzebub MompantsOnFire to lure them in!

No drowning is necessary - they absorb lie after lie until their tiny brains explode.

Karl Marx Treatment Center wrote:

The Spirit of the Beehive is a 1973 Spanish movie about a young girl who, after seeing the movie Frankenstein, doesn't understand why the monster killed the little girl or why the townspeople then killed the monster. The movie is a beautifully produced allegory of society in an authoritarian state turning into a beehive mentality and, in ascribing to those outside of their hive monsters, turn their society into a murdering monster.

In the movie Frankenstein, used so effectively in The Spirit of the Beehive, the creature created by Doctor Frankenstein wasn't the homicidal maniac. The creature was younger and more innocent in nature than the little girl it accidentally killed. The MONSTER which doctor Frankenstein unwittingly produced was the murderous mob that burned down his castle. The mob itself was the monster.

The Spirit of the Beehive as a concept in the movie of that name is the mob mentality created in an authoritarian society, the hive, that attacks everything that is a threat to the hive. It is not even tribal in nature, as primitive as that is; tribalism is at least a primitive HUMAN trait. It is knee-jerk reactionary sting. The Spirit of the Beehive, the monster being created by the Left, is pre-human, it is animal in nature.

And it means to kill.

I'm inspired by the fearless stance Comrade Saletan takes against the enemies of his chosen people. I only hope he remains steadfast when the opposition mounts a similar offensive. It brings me great joy and deep satisfaction to watch the roaming mobs of thugs and true believers clashing in the streets each morning as I sip my daily vodka rations at the front window. I salute you, Comrade Saltine Saletan. Forward!

Lev Termen wrote:What does your trap use for bait?
Other Peoples Money.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Comrade Terman, the ACME™ Progressive Trap uses recordings of the sweet, smarmy lies of various progressive leaders, such as Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and our very own Comrade Prezzy Barackzebub MompantsOnFire to lure them in!

No drowning is necessary - they absorb lie after lie until their tiny brains explode.
They have brains? Is this authorized?