The Very First Ramadan

Today we have a special treat! The story of the Very First Ramadan!

TheFirstRamadan.jpg

RamadanCandles.PNG

Don't forget to light your Ramadan Candles every night before going to bed!

Was there not once a song with the refrain "Ramadan-a ding-dong"? And was that meant to celebrate the Prophet's (pbffft) ding-dong?

I must have an older version of the Party ™ Songbook, I can't seem to find the chapter of Ramadan Carols...
ImageRock, you are a bad influence. I went and bought an acoustic! The dammned thing has more strings than I have fingers, but with the help of YouTube, I'll figure it out...

Comrades, I understand that Cruz, Palin and Huckabee have begun to form a variety of Christian sleeper cells to offset Muslims in the Washington Capital building who have been flushing versions of King James bibles down the sewer. Indeed, the Christian jihad is on the march along with the American Taliban Catholics who will be blowing themselves up to protest global warming, all will be working tirelessly on all fronts in order to turn media attention away from this celebration. I was given this information from a secret source who recently watched Squeaker Boehner in a complete state of grace speaking in tonques that would make any progressive's panties damp....

RedDiaperette wrote:Was there not once a song with the refrain "Ramadan-a ding-dong"? And was that meant to celebrate the Prophet's (pbffft) ding-dong?

Who put the bomb
In the bomb bah bomb bah bomb?
Who put the ram
In the ramadan a ding dong?
Who put the lop
In the lop the heads off?
Who put the grip
On the tip dee tip of it?
Who was that iman?
I'd like to meet him in the sand
He made my camel
Fall in love with me (yeah!!)

Comrade Soup it is plus good emotion to see you participate in the collective. The limerick that you have shared, although humorous, warrants a visit by the thinkpol. Please expedite this activity and report to your assigned emergency thoughtcrime joycamp with warm coat and shovel.

Hail Hillary ™ Image , the deserving and inevitable

Be seeing you ™

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote: ImageRock, you are a bad influence. I went and bought an acoustic! The dammned thing has more strings than I have fingers, but with the help of YouTube, I'll figure it out...
Image Comrade Ivan. Life as you know it may well be over.

Fortunately, Ramadan Carols are comparatively easy to master, as they typically only include one chord and a disturbingly dissonant wailing off in the distance.

In addition, I have a tendency to recommend a chord book called "4400 Guitar Chords". True, it has 4399 chords that you'll never need, but it's been a classic since I was knee high to a statue of Lenin.

Enjoy, Comrade!

OksanaTheTerrible wrote:Is ramadam the one where you don't eat?
No comrade. You're thinking of Ram-a-Dong, which is a North Korean celebration involving the sacrifice of a he-goat strapped to a ballistic missile. Fasting is compulsory, and lasts all year long until the next year's Ram-a-Dong, when the process is repeated.

A HE-goat? Excuse me, comrade! I denounce your lack of gender inclusivity. What about all the SHE-goats who might want to take a rocket ride? What about them, huh? Did you ever consider their feelings, hater? Why do you assume that riding a ballistic missile is exclusively a male domain?

You disgust me.

Only HE- and SHE-goats? I denounce this transphobia!