The Worst Day of My Life

This can be explained, I think, by the fact that these days the words fame and notoriety are synonymous. The amount of tension trumps what it's about. But recall that Alice Cooper, now his legal name, got attention by pretending to be gay when that was very shocking. And I'm rather glad he did. He had talent, and was one of the (few) rock musicians that I cared for. It was generally Beethoven and Bach back then, but Alice Cooper, Jethro Tull, and a few others.

We have much the same musical tastes Commissar! But I can't say I have ever known Alice to pretend or even suggest he was gay, Others did given the name of course, You're not thinking about Bowie? I have no idea if he was gay or not. Dear Lenin... I still love that scene from Wayne's World... We're not worthy... we're not worthy....

I thought the appearance came with the era - tight pants, long frilly hair. While I was listening to their music or seeing their pictures in the 70s it never occurred to me that any of them could be gay, including Queen.

The only exception was Sparks who wore suits and ties. I thought they were gay after the first few seconds of listening to "Kimono My House." Sparks may be too obscure for you, they were two American brothers living in England and singing in operatic female voices. Their music was a bit reminiscent of Queen and predated it. They predated a lot of what transpired later. Back in 1974 they sounded a lot like a band from the 1980s. Not my favorite but I had a couple of their tapes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ax8JYmoRhy4&r ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

And this is them in 2006. The video director was probably more gay than the musicians, but I may be wrong. What say the experts?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/na8oDCKp6AU&r ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Well, give me that old fashioned manly rock music as presented here, following a brief educational video on how a progressive poll worker handles any challenges by some right wing fascist vote stealing lawyer trying to take away the voting rights of our Necro Proxy Animal vote for Hillary....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/z2QvXzZpVaM&r ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Of all the synonyms to the word "dead" (it's passed on! This parrot is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late parrot!) he never mentioned the most important one -

THIS PARROT IS VOTING DEMOCRAT!

In fact, we could do a remake of this sketch. It's happening at a polling place in Iowa, where a right wing fascist vote stealing lawyer is trying to convince the progressive poll worker that the voter can't be voting because he's dead.

This time, the man at the counter says "Look, comrade, I know a Democrat voter when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now."

Or we can just use the same video and add our own captions.

The original transcript is here - https://orangecow.org/pythonet/pet-shop.html

Red, I don't know if they are gay although I do see the semblance to Queen. And thanks. I'd never heard of them. Well, the gayest bit is that I found myself taken by the second video, which reminded me of many nights, decades ago, wasted in bars. (Well, wasted is not quite le mot juste. Often something came of it.) To this day I have a soft spot in my heart for "Funky Town" which doesn't sit all that easily next to Gustavo Dudamel, who, despite being one of Hugo Chavez' subjects, is doing Beethoven in entirely original, and very good ways. Never heard the 7th like that.

It's the rhythm of course, but also the perfection of it all. This incredible attention to detail. The aggression of a man with the finickiness of a woman--have you ever wondered about that? I'm actually pretty good for the species, all things considered, but as you've noticed when I get my teeth into something, I don't let go; I don't forget; I don't forgive--that's the female part, but also I charge in with guns blazing.

This was, from what I can tell, just a little before the term homoerotic came into play. A decade ago I was in Albuquerque in an art gallery and saw two prints of flowers which fetched me, and I bought them.

I switched to the classical station and heard the middle of a commercial, "...and a display of homoerotic still life..." and I started laughing. I'd already bought them and they were in the back seat. Perhaps inspired by Mapplethorpe--have you seen his still lifes? Voluptuous, and not really <i>here</i>.

A (straight) friend Clark wondered why it was called homoerotic--and that word was brought to me. And it's hard to explain, but you cannot, or I cannot, conceive really of this really existing in the world. It's not, in his phrase, generative. I wonder if it's part of this idea of structure and looking for structure, and I've noticed that so much of the gay sensibility is not of the here and now--"friend of Dorothy" was a code phrase, a bit before my time (or interest). Somehow not really involved in the world, standing apart a bit (how else?), and that is, I think, where the creativity comes in. But, and there are exceptions like Angus Wilson, a lot of gay art is just, well, precious. For a while I sneered at Tchaikovsky but I finally figured out it was internalized homophobia. He's just so damned <i>pretty</i> that there couldn't be substance there, could there? Well, yes, there is.

Now if you want something that screams gay, try this:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yPLrXFw76Qg&r ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I had not until now seen the video which takes place in a gay bar but on hearing it I knew instantly with full certainty that they were gay. Too perfect, too of the moment, which also denies the passage of time. I know a <i>lot</i> about that.

And I was misinformed about the genesis of the name Alice Cooper; that was a canard it seems from high-school days.

Wow Theo, that was Übergay. We all knew Frankie was gay, but the only video to this song that was popular was a concert scene with the singer marching around ala Bono with a klieg light and being mobbed with chicks.

The Sparks...never heard of them also and I never knew Hitler had a kid (keyboardist). They must have been big in Europe.

My brother got an acapella group, the Nylons, singing fifties songs. He ought to have known. Men, with only a drum, very good voices, some singing in falsetto, from San Francisco. What do you think? Technically perfect, wonderfully good, and he gave it to me and I listened a few times. Now I have perhaps five recordings of Mozart's 20th piano concerto, each different. It bears it. The Nylons don't. And even the name.

A doctor friend, Jan, moved from medical research in Ann Arbor to San Franciso. He's been chief resident, I believe, in the Yale hospital, where he went to medical school and then in the industry. Very bright. He said he and wife Judy were looking forward to SF to meet a lot of intelligent and financially sophisticated gays (as opposed to some silly queens? Must ask at Christmas when I see them.) But he was disappointed to find out that there, where being noticed is nothing, gays were disappointingly uniform, smart, stupid, handsome, ugly, like everyone else. And from that he drew the idea that some gays had actually decided, in some businesses, to trade in it as a distinction.

Well, if you wanted to decorate a house, would you ask Joe Six Pack or a man who was light in the loafers? (If you wanted to decorate a house wouldn't be halfway there? Real Men don't decorate a house except from Tractor Supply.)

The Nylons don't
And neither does Spandex.
light in the loafers?
Don't you mean Doc Martens?....get with it Theo. That's the rage.

Did anyone ever read that classic "The Real Man's Handbook?" Dear Lenin, that was the funniest and most adored book on the Pup's shelves for many years. It started off with the statement "So you want to be a man?" Basically it always boiled downs to comportment One must learn to comport like a man. It's really not that hard to do... In any situation, all one must consider is this: What would John Wayne do in this situation?

It had a picture of Mickey Spilane crew cut and scowling with a can of beer in hand. Caption read "Mickey Splilane: Occupation: MAN"

My favorite part was the chapter on Real Man's woman. It actually had a line in there that a woman must be man enough to be a real man's woman! LOL

Commissar Theocritus wrote:For a while I sneered at Tchaikovsky but I finally figured out it was internalized homophobia. He's just so damned pretty that there couldn't be substance there, could there? Well, yes, there is.
That was pretty deep.

Tchaikovsky does have a profound body of work besides the Nutcracker and Swan Lake which are probably his "prettiest" creations. And yes, there's a lot of substance there. And yes, he was a homosexual. He and Oscar Wilde were the two characters that convinced me in my younger years that gays can be as worthy people as anybody else and that it's not what you are but who you are that matters, and that collective blame, guilt, and responsibility are as wrong and stupid as anything else that originates in the collectivist mindset.

Ironically, today's gay activists in America, along with the multiculturalists and other lefties present a mirror image of the same collectivist mindset. Contrary to what they believe, real progress is not in turning the old collectivist mindset inside out, but to develop an individualistic mindset and leave the collectivist mindset die a quiet death in an old persons' home. Instead of destroying the old whip they have snatched from the weakened hands of the aging oppressors, they are enjoying using it on the former oppressors' innocent children. And then they talk about the end of hate and everlasting love and peace.

Commissar Pupovich wrote:Did anyone ever read that classic "The Real Man's Handbook?" Dear Lenin, that was the funniest and most adored book on the Pup's shelves for many years. It started off with the statement "So you want to be a man?"
What a sad case - a dog who wanted to be a man. A self-loathing dog, perhaps, who believed it was a man trapped in a dog's body and reading self-help books about it. But the truth of the matter is, of course, that a dog must be man enough to be a real man's dog!

Red Square wrote: What a sad case - a dog who wanted to be a man. A self-loathing dog, perhaps, who believed it was a man trapped in a dog's body and reading self-help books about it. But the truth of the matter is, of course, that a dog must be man enough to be a real man's dog!

Ah!!! But Commissar Pup is man enough! He eats his Alpo straight from the can!!!! Ain't that right, Commissar Pup?

--
Blokhayev

Pup even consulted Dr. Moreau in his quest to become a man. But while preparing the elixir, the doctor had to make an important phone call to the radio station because they'd just played "the song of the day" and if he were the 10th caller, then he'd win $100.00 and a pair of tickets to the Icecapades' new show, "An Inconvenient Truth on Ice" extravaganza.

Pup, meanwhile, was so excited by the prospect of becoming a man that his wagging tail hit a shelf full of bottles, and an open bottle of estrogen tipped over and splashed into the elixir Dr. M was preparing.

Dr. M, alas, was Caller 12, and advised to try again next time.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:...the Icecapades' new show, "An Inconvenient Truth on Ice" extravaganza.
That's an excellent idea deserving a separate reporting.

I can already see the skaters dressed as penguins and polar bears, environmentalists and politicians wearing spectacles that are smeared with Global Warming jelly, one Oscar and one Nobel Prize, all dancing on dangerously melting ice, breaking their limbs as they fall through the puddles and stumble over Global Warming deniers dressed as ominous disintegrating icebergs. Blood is all over the place...

Finally, in the following act they all decide to get on private jets and gather in Bali to stop this impossible horror by dancing a jazzy Global Warming Rumba.

In the final act the cute polar bears devour the limp body of George W Bush as the penguins poke his eyes out.

The audience receives massive HBO (a necessary part of every socially-conscious performance) and everybody goes home happy and hating Bush.

Red Square wrote:What a sad case - a dog who wanted to be a man. A self-loathing dog, perhaps, who believed it was a man trapped in a dog's body and reading self-help books about it. But the truth of the matter is, of course, that a dog must be man enough to be a real man's dog!

I have been exposed by the Purifying Light of Progressive Puppy Planning! Yes, a dog must be man enough to be a real man's dog!

Zampolit Blokhayev wrote:Ah!!! But Commissar Pup is man enough! He eats his Alpo straight from the can!!!! Ain't that right, Commissar Pup?

That is the way a real dog eats! Of course being a Party Pup and more equal than others, my Alpo comes in gold plated cans paid for with OPM that are prepared by healthy and happy 12 year old virgin daughters of former capitalist non-persons..

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Pup even consulted Dr. Moreau in his quest to become a man. But while preparing the elixir, the doctor had to make an important phone call to the radio station because they'd just played "the song of the day" and if he were the 10th caller, then he'd win $100.00 and a pair of tickets to the Icecapades' new show, "An Inconvenient Truth on Ice" extravaganza.

Pup, meanwhile, was so excited by the prospect of becoming a man that his wagging tail hit a shelf full of bottles, and an open bottle of estrogen tipped over and splashed into the elixir Dr. M was preparing.

Dr. M, alas, was Caller 12, and advised to try again next time.

It all worked out for the best for all concerned da?

Red, I like the drama of your Icecapades show, except would it not be better for it not to be so triumphalist? I mean, after all, if they peck out W.'s eyes, that would send the moonbats into a flight of delight, dropping even more guano over the world, and the ultrasonic cheeping would deafen us.

Why not a tragedy? The rink melts and the lead penguin, with huge eyes, on the <a href="https://www.preciousmoments.com ">Precious Moments</a> drowns. Well, yes, the penguin drowns. They can't swim you know because of Global Warming. Perhaps we can have fish drown.

That's it. We'll redo <i>Moby Dick</i> where the goddamned <i>whale</i> drowns and in sorrow and rage Ahab harpoons George W. Bush. That ought to be good for another Oscar, don't you think?

Pup - could you please also post this in the Remakes thread so we could later find it and prove it was your idea when there's an argument about who deserves an Oscar for this?

Red Square wrote:Pup - could you please also post this in the Remakes thread so we could later find it and prove it was your idea when there's an argument about who deserves an Oscar for this?

Oh, so sorry Red, I really stepped in the capitalism there didn't I? I thought I was in the correct thread when I did that. Guess I am still winding down from the mental evaluation I had to do on Criminally Insane Kommissar Vodkov. Do we know what time the Show Trial is scheduled to begin tommorow? Are we required to dress formally? I really want to get this peopling right you know?