'Tomatoes are Christian,' Egyptian Salafi group warns

According to Now Lebanon blog, A Salafist group called the Popular Egyptian Islamic Association has sent out a warning on Facebook urging its followers not to eat tomatoes because the vegetable (or fruit) is a Christian food.

The group posted a photo on its page of a tomato - which appears to reveal the shape of a cross after being cut in half – along with the message:

"Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three (a reference to the Trinity). [God help us]. I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the prophet of Allah [Mohammad] in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating them [tomatoes]. If you don't spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you."

A Turkish online newspaper that posted this news also has quite telling readers' comments at the bottom.

Ushanka tip to our friend Banafsheh Zand

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
I went to check the Popular Egyptian Islamic Association Facebook page using my Google Chrome browser, which promptly offered me to translate the Arabic page into English. Electronic translation has its limitations, but it gives enough info to recognize the seething, ignorant, hateful, fanatical, and paranoid mindset.

Just some examples in corrected English:

- We hope to God Almighty that President-elect Mursi could return the Sheikh Abdel Rahman jailed unfairly with the Americans... O the agony

- Mujahideen of Tunisia - good guys declare jihad on the secular state infidel immoral enemy of Islam and the law of God Almighty and raise (No God but God and Mohammed is the Messenger of Allah) flag of the Islamic State flying high hoisted in the Tunisia sky. Now shouting desperately no one will govern us anymore except Islam.

- God is great (Allahu Akbar): First public appearance for the al-Qaeda Mujahideen in the land of the brave Kenana (Egypt)

Comically enough, the link leads to a YouTube page with the following text: "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy prohibiting hate speech. Sorry about that."

And, most notably:

- Obama dog reading a book "After America."

It links to a recent thread on the Global Jihad Network with this photo from several years ago, of Obama holding Fareed Zakaria's book The Post-American World.

Obama_Book_Post_American_World.jpg
The text and the comments are most enlightening. Here's a shorter, edited version:

"The picture taken by an American journalist from the New York Times, zooming on Obama as he left the plane, sparked controversy about the U.S. president Obama reading the book titled "The world after the end of America." This controversial book speaks about the end of the American empire, Freemasonry, and the rise of another country in the Middle East that will destroy America and her Israel. The book talks about the clear signs that America will end soon, replaced by an Islamic state on its ruins. It seems that Obama is very interested in knowing how the U.S. will end, as described by the author named Rafiq Zakaria. A Muslim from India and an editor at Newsweek, Fareed Zakaria describes in his book a vision of the Muslim world after the United States."

ketchup is capitalist Christians?
congealed Christians?
coagulated Christians?
tomatoes that have been genetically altered are contaminated Christians?
tomatoes that look like saints (Lenin, Stalin, etc) are correlated Christians?

This must be why mother country never imported tomatoes!! It makes a good party member wonder, what subversive ideologies do other vegetables represent?

PROG OFF

This is my favorite excerpt so far:

"My brothers and lovers of God have Conspired Alalmanin and Glmanhm of the children of the Liberal and the Christians and the military who hate Islam, Ali Taher Sharif, this Parliament, because they hate the law of God Almighty, I do not know what their view of God, even hate his laws .. My brothers and lovers in God must join hands and strive until all due Parliament and eliminates this provision and only you will be the blood of the ride and will declare jihad and that declared Jihad will be the end and will not be governed after today's Islamic Mujahideen Tunisia is not more of us love in Islam"

We should send this stuff around... perhaps it will give some westerners a taste of reality? I have seen that many people that never lived in the middle east seem to romantically envision their primitive culture and totalitarian ethics.

Then Muslims should also abstain from eating toast because it tends to reveal all kinds of suspicious patterns, like faces of Jesus and other subversive agents of the imperialist Western enemy.

Jesus_Elvis_Palin_Jackson_Toast.jpg

This Christian >spit< subversive food is EVERYWHERE!!!

I just received this invitation to a most exciting party given to me by my neighbor:

Hey Guys! It's the 4th of July, you know, the archaic celebration of the birth of the United States!

At our bar-be-cue, we're serving pulled pig meat, steak, burgers, grilled onions, tomatoes, (with telltale crosses on them) eggplant slices, steak fries, and the most atheistic toast points we can come up with, etc.! The deeper the stain, the better! Yum! We have created a competition, in fact, for the most atheistic toast tat! Come, one and all! You are most welcome! It's gonna be a Food Channel Food Fest!

(We trust you will do this in your own neighborhoods!)

Yum, yum! Have a great 4th Comrades! Keep up the good work!

Comrades in the Gulf Coast: Keep up the good work regarding our favorite crustaceans: Lobsters and crayfish, derived from cockroaches! They're just big bugs! Nice P.R. Comrades!

I used to love lobster, but it's all over now! Good Luck!

How about beets ?
Are beets OK ?

These are indeed desperate times when American tomato farmers work for Satan !
They're probably capitalists as well.

Krasnodar wrote:How about beets ?
Are beets OK ?

Comrade Krasnodar,

BEETS ARE ALWAYS OK! ALWAYS! NEVER QUESTION THE RIGHTNESS (which is to say, the LEFTNESS) OF BEETS! You may find yourself lobotomized by Kommissarka Pinkie's cast-iron flying frying pan of death!

Also, I love tomatoes... tomatoes are secular... and potatoes... I love potatoes... and cabbage... Beets, tomatoes, potatoes, and cabbage, all of which are required to make a decent borscht... See where I'm going with this? Anything that is red and belongs in a borscht is by definition, perfectly korrekt and right (which is to say, left)...

Borscht for all (who are worthy)!
SMO

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:
Comrade Krasnodar,

You may find yourself lobotomized by Kommissarka Pinkie's cast-iron flying frying pan of death!

SMO

Comradress Sister, I appreciate the warning concerning Pinkie's frying pan. Truly.

She is, as we say, an F=MA kind'a girl !

As far as lobotomies go, I do my own with my rusty .... trusty spoon !
( No one else will let me practice on them...... not while they're conscious, anyway. )

Note to Sister of Massive Opiations: yes, tomatoes are approved for the creation of borscht, but you MUST remove the hateful cross in the middle first (or use proper, atheist or Misloom tomatoes).

Perfect, Comrade Krasnodar - as with all proper Food for the Masses, that one is seasoned and aged MOST equally!

How can tomatoes be like Christians? The do not squeal when they are cut,
how is it possible to decapitate a tomato?
They may leak juice, but they cannot spurt blood! These can only be hung from bridges with the greatest difficulty! They cannot be seen from any distance.
Tomatoes cannot beg and grovel for mercy.
Who made this comparison?