Treating Thought-Crime/Stress Caused byTea-Bagger attacks

Comrades,

There's now hope for progressives and proles experiencing thought-crimes induced by severe stress caused by Tea-Baggers' attacks on what we know to be the Collective Good:

Sometimes this stress manifests itself in progressives and proles making too many "out of character" comments that quite easily become ammunition for the Extreme Right Wing, members of which are all to eager to attribute such comments to prominent proles and/or progs or other high party officials in ways that undermine, rather than support, our effort at ThePeoplesCube to unequivocally and unsarcastically embrace every aspect of what we know to be the Colletive Good.

Thus, I, as Thought-Crime Warden have established a place at which progressives, proles and high party officials (of course we know that all such people are equal) can receive effective treatment for such thought-crimes by expressing them in the Thought-Crime Gulag. The treatment is one of which Alinsky would be proud because of its sheer cleverness: In the Thought-Crime Gulag, proles, progressives and high party officials have "free speech" to express their thought-crimes in order to purge themselves of such thoughts and then return to their normal status as loyal party members.

I will, of course, be available to take appropriate remedial measures whenever any prole, prog or high party official were to go "too far" in this therapy.

One of our great success stories (although he remains a work in progress) is our comrade, "KOOK," who proudly attests to the beneficial effects of this therapy.

Until our esteemed leader, Red Square, makes other provisions for appropriate treatment for thought-crimes too often surfacing in our commentaries in which our duties to the Greater Good oblige us to prevent manifestations of sarcastic rather than genuine allegience to the Greater Good, the Thought-Crime Gulag can be a "safe" place in which we can "purge" ourselves of such thought-crimes.

The beauty of the plan is that proles, progressives and high-party officials temporarily afflicted by thought-crimes caused by stress induced by the attacks and tactics of the fanatical SUV-driving, Constitution-Clinging, Gun-Toting, Trans-Fat-Eating, Red-Meat-Eating, Domestic-Beer-Drinking, Tea-Bagging Coffee-Drinking Poseurs as Tea-Drinkers, can voluntarily enter the Thought-Crime Gulag and can also voluntarily leave after purging themselves of Thought-Crimes. Of course, I will keep myself available to apply the appropriate remedy in the case of any prole, prog or high party official who "goes too far" in this form of therapy.

Well, Thought-Crime Warden, it seems your glorious gulag is a total failure. I may remain as the sole inmate, and, to make things worse, my thought-crimes are so persistent that I may need to remain here indefinitely.

Should I illustrate reverse sarcasm? How can I illustrate the joys of free progressive speech? Wouldn't it be patronizing to do that?

What is the difference between polemical sarcasm and satire via maximum embracing of a philosophy? Does it matter?

Are we emulating, or deviating from, the example of our founder, Red Square?

I find these thought crimes very disturbing. I will need to be in the Thought-Crime Gulag for quite a long time in an effort to insulate myself.

I hope you're not coming with the scissors.

--KOOK

Comrade Warden, you misunderstand our out of character comments. We're merely being sarcastic to illustrate the kooky reaction you'd get from a nutjob Tea Bagger. It's all just a joke, not to be taken seriously.

But in typical progressive style I'd like to apologize for myself and my comrades for anything we might have said that you found offensive because it was too clever and nuanced for your tiny uneducated mind to grasp.

In future we'll attempt to talk down to you and type more slowly so your feeble brain can absorb our superior wit. I'd also advise you to learn to read between the lines (that white space between the rows of letters without any words in it). It is there you will find some of our most profound truths hidden.

(oh, nice pics however)

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Comrade Warden, you misunderstand our out of character comments. We're merely being sarcastic to illustrate the kooky reaction you'd get from a nutjob Tea Bagger. It's all just a joke, not to be taken seriously.

But in typical progressive style I'd like to apologize for myself and my comrades for anything we might have said that you found offensive because it was too clever and nuanced for your tiny uneducated mind to grasp.

In future we'll attempt to talk down to you and type more slowly so your feeble brain can absorb our superior wit. I'd also advise you to learn to read between the lines (that white space between the rows of letters without any words in it). It is there you will find some of our most profound truths hidden.

(oh, nice pics however)

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=1140
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=992
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=1281
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=172
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=718
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=4239<br>http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=3848

Colonel 7.62 wrote:Do we have a Gulag O' Nutters yet?

Nobody but us KOOKs.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Comrade Warden, you misunderstand our out of character comments. We're merely being sarcastic to illustrate the kooky reaction you'd get from a nutjob Tea Bagger. It's all just a joke, not to be taken seriously.

YES, YES, YES! ABSOLUTELY! CORRECT! ha ha ha See, it was all in jest, dearest lordly comrade Warden Sir!! Mocking baggers! That's all it was!!!

*holy &%$#@!!!

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:

YES, YES, YES! ABSOLUTELY! CORRECT! ha ha ha See, it was all in jest, dearest lordly comrade Warden Sir!! Mocking baggers! That's all it was!!!

*holy [email=&%$#@!!!
&%$#@!!![/email][/quote]

I sense you're trying to dissuade me from issuing the order, "Bring me the tongue of Fraulein Pulloskies."

Thought-Crime Warden wrote: I sense you're trying to dissuade me from issuing the order, "Bring me the tongue of Fraulein Pulloskies."
speaking to Fraulein Pulloskies.

Dear Thought-Crime Warden,

You are committing a copyright violation by quoting (and then paraphrasing and thus incorrectly reporting) Comrade Bubba's request for an intern. On the other hand, I concede that copyright violations comprise a major component of the Collective's Prime Directive-- especially in the land of Chairman Mousey-Tongue.

Maybe you should have said, "Bring me the tongue of Chairman Mousey-Tongue," but, on the other hand, I don't recall his having committed Progressive Heresy lately.

--KOOK

I sense you're trying to dissuade me from issuing the order, "Bring me the tongue of Fraulein Pulloskies."
Ah yes. Another newly-arrived fellow traveller to the Cube, strutting around, issuing orders and making threats as if he had the right to do so. Now, I realize that the good fraulein is not yet a Made Prog, a member of the Inner Circle, one of the Intelligentsia, but I may speak on good authority that her name has been mentioned in the upper echelons of the party as a Prog on the Make and One to Watch (especially if she's behind you). But here you are, still with the mush running from your ears, taking it upon yourself to hector and lecture like you were Obama himself!

Just a word to the wise, comrad Warden, speaking as a Made Prog and Party Academician: keep a civil tongue in your head, or your avatar may turn out to be ironically prophetic.

Aren't new progressives so cute? They think just because Obama is president, and the health care bill passed by a huge majority that they can just tromp around and start giving orders. Why next thing you know, they will be trying set up Show Trials and engage in other revolutionary activities without proper authority.

Ivan Betinov wrote:
Ah yes. Another newly-arrived fellow traveller to the Cube, strutting around, issuing orders and making threats as if he had the right to do so. Now, I realize that the good fraulein is not yet a Made Prog, a member of the Inner Circle, one of the Intelligentsia, but I may speak on good authority that her name has been mentioned in the upper echelons of the party as a Prog on the Make and One to Watch (especially if she's behind you). But here you are, still with the mush running from your ears, taking it upon yourself to hector and lecture like you were Obama himself!

Just a word to the wise, comrade Warden, speaking as a Made Prog and Party Academician: keep a civil tongue in your head, or your avatar may turn out to be ironically prophetic.

Dearest Comrade Ivan Betinovers ~ your words writings sound like the soft flutter of angels wings! Which of course, might well be mistaken for any utterance falling from the crooked lips of our great articulator, Barackie Hussein Obamer. *SIGH In all humility I humbly accept your few parting words of praise commendation kindness regarding your humble servant & humbless servant of the Glorious People's Cube!
I can only dream of becoming part of the real collective, part of the Made Progs, part of the gloriousness of the Inner Circle one day in the far future in the galaxy far far away when I have proved my loyalty, sincerity and willing to do Dirty on the Teabaggers. If I ever thought, that my lowly name, might in part, ever be "mentioned in the upper echelons of the party" I would be filled withjoycontrite thought.... and it would brings 2... NO, 3 tears to eye. (in all humility, of course)

"Heil Obama! The O'so chosen Bama!"

[quote="Ivan BetinovAh yes. Another newly-arrived fellow traveller to the Cube, strutting around, issuing orders and making threats as if he had the right to do so. Now, I realize that the good fraulein is not yet a Made Prog, a member of the Inner Circle, one of the Intelligentsia, but I may speak on good authority that her name has been mentioned in the upper echelons of the party as a Prog on the Make and One to Watch (especially if she's behind you). But here you are, still with the mush running from your ears, taking it upon yourself to hector and lecture like you were Obama himself!

Just a word to the wise, comrad Warden, speaking as a Made Prog and Party Academician: keep a civil tongue in your head, or your avatar may turn out to be ironically prophetic.[/quote]

Comrade BetinovAh,

My "Thought-Crime Warden" visage/name is new to the Cube, but I am not, but just as Obama seems convinced (despite all evidence to the contrary) that a majority opposes ObamaCare (and Cap 'n' Trade, etc., etc.) simply because he hasn't "explained it well," I remain convinced that my problem is that I haven't explained well the purpose of the Thought-Crime Gulag.

It's intended as a place for out-of-character exchanges of ideas. True, the "Thought-Crime Warden" is modeled on Rahm Rod, so in a way, it's not completely "out of character," and so some of what Thought-Crime Warden may say is in character (i.e., the Chicago Way of You Know Whom).

Thus, my fear is that in an effort to foster genuine exchanges of ideas on modes of satire that I have unwittingly allowed my in-character intolerance (as "Thought-Crime Warden") to be construed as also being indicative out-of-character intolerance, arrogance, etc.

Hoping this lapse into unprogressive thought-crime may shed some light on my purpose, I'll wait to see whether non-defensive, out-of-character exchanges of ideas may actually occur.

If not, the worst I've done is open a door through which no one cares to pass.

I think we all share (dare I say it) a collective goal that the Cube continue to be what Red Square made it. By the way, I do not purport to speak for Red Square, for whom I have the greatest admiration and whose skills in what he does so well make me turn green with envy. I only wish I could even remotely approach the calibre of his work.

I would count myself as being guilty of having fallen short of the standards he set by example.

I think that while he is working on re-designing and improving the Cube, we (I include myuself) have sometimes failed to seek to attain his standards.

Introspection is not a bad thing.

--Thought-Crime Warden

Thought-Crime Warden wrote: I think we all share (dare I say it) a collective goal that the Cube continue to be what Red Square made it. By the way, I do not purport to speak for Red Square, for whom I have the greatest admiration and whose skills in what he does so well make me turn green with envy. I only wish I could even remotely approach the calibre of his work.

I would count myself as being guilty of having fallen short of the standards he set by example.

I think that while he is working on re-designing and improving the Cube, we (I include myuself) have sometimes failed to seek to attain his standards.

Introspection is not a bad thing.

--Thought-Crime Warden

<OFF>
Maybe I am more confused than usual, but I am, confused. I am 'new' or somewhat 'new', arriving in January, but I thought I, WE, were all behaving very "cubie" (except for the occasional "<off's>. I have seen nothing less than brilliance and satire written here, the majority of which I am far not worthy of and can only admire and swoon over. I don't know what "Red Square made it", but just what I've read personally and it's terrific.
I assumed you too, were Posting with satire, and enjoyed the rebuffing of our "OFF" comments.

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote: <OFF>
Maybe I am more confused than usual, but I am, confused. I am 'new' or somewhat 'new', arriving in January, but I thought I, WE, were all behaving very "cubie" (except for the occasional "<off's>. I have seen nothing less than brilliance and satire written here, the majority of which I am far not worthy of and can only admire and swoon over. I don't know what "Red Square made it", but just what I've read personally and it's terrific.
I assumed you too, were Posting with satire, and enjoyed the rebuffing of our "OFF" comments.

I intended this to be a place at which we could exchange ideas without having to label them as "OFF." It's intended to be a place in which we can communicate with each other out of character and thus not have to include "OFF" comments when we're posting in-character. (I'm not saying we should never insert "OFF" comments or that we should never post an entire comment as "OFF"-- Red Square himself has done this when he has something lenghty that needs to be posted in order to convey messages or informaton that simply cannot effectively be conveyed "in" character. (i.e., we mock falsity by embracing it as Truth, but sometimes it just can't be done that way-- for example, Red Square posted a lenghty out-of-character installment about the 9-12 rally in DeeCee, which I also attended, and I think his off-character posting was great.)

When I first became a great fan of the Cube years ago, what so greatly impressed me about it was Red Square's ability to mock falsity by appearing to unequivocally and unsarcastically embrace it as "Truth." I tend to think sarcasm (sincerity followed by faux sincerity) is less consistent with what made the Cube so great. It's not that I think sarcasm is bad; rather, it's merely I think it's a different style of satire than that which made the Cube so great.

I don't say this with any intention of being arrogant or of criticising any particular character. I myself have virtually always failed to create the kind of satire that Red Square creates so effortlessly.

So, please don't think I am like the Thought-Crime Warden. I created this post and that character as an attention getter in hopes of creating a suitable place for out-of-character exchanges.

Like Obama in his fool's errand effort to "better explain" ObamaCare, I hope I've made my purpose clearer (or at least less unclear.)

Thanks for replying to my comments.

--Thought-Crime Warden

OK, I see, I think, but don't 'get it'. I assumed the reason for using <off> (didn't know what it was for weeks) was to make clear, we weren't playing the game. I don't see anything particularly wrong with using an all OFF posting but I don't make such decisions and figure, if it's not accepted to the great "leader/leaders", we shall be informed.
This IS truly, a great place.... off or on.

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:OK, I see, I think, but don't 'get it'. I assumed the reason for using <off> (didn't know what it was for weeks) was to make clear, we weren't playing the game. I don't see anything particularly wrong with using an all OFF posting but I don't make such decisions and figure, if it's not accepted to the great "leader/leaders", we shall be informed.
This IS truly, a great place.... off or on.

You are correct regarding the purpose of "off" and that there's "nothing 'wrong'" with using it to make off-character comments.

In the past it was done sparingly but now it's done far more often. Now, that's just my opinion. I think that whenever it's done, it tends to distract from the "on" comments. So, I thought, perhaps characters would enjoy a place where they could "speak freely" and thereby exchange real opinions in ways that would not be a distraction from the effectiveness of their pretended opinions.

Sometimes when I've written a post, there was additional material my off-character mind wanted to bring to the attention of other characters, but I declined to do so because I thought doing so would distract from the rhythm and flow of the "on-character" comments.

Thus, I thought that creating an off-character place (the Thought-Crime Gulag) for which the "therapeutic" purpose would be to let characters "purge" themselves of Thought-Crimes would be a good idea for two reasons: First, it would provide a suitable place for commenting off-character and Second, it would improve the effectiveness of the "on-character" posts by not having the rhythm and theme of the overall "article" in particular interrupted by off-character posts. Sort of like not having a singer interrupt a great song by coughing during the song.

I have no mean-spirited, arrogant or self-aggrandazing motive in coming up with this idea. Perhaps it's a terrible idea rather than the good idea I thought (think) it was (is).

What I didn't expect was for characters to be genuinely offended by the entire idea.

I expect real progressives to be that thin-skinned but not faux progressives.

Over the years, I have not infrequently been the beneficiary of brutally candid critiques from Red Square. (I'll spare you examples of my ineptitude.) I have learned from them (but not enough yet). But none of such critiques has diminished my appreciation for such advice/criticism or my knowledge that such advice/criticism was offered as a friend, not as an adversary.

Let me use the image you posted (see below) to illustrate my point.

I think this is a great poster, but I think its better for posting in a place like the Thought-Crime Gulag rather than in a post designed to be illustrating how progressives think, because they don't think he's a "Fascist" and even though they do believe ordinary people are sheep (and that they, the progressives, are the shepherds), they would never admit having such beliefs.

Have I ever posted an image (or other material) that would be subject to the same criticism? Of course. I'm not claiming to be perfect. I'm simply trying to suggest how we could all do our "jobs" better in a way that would more consistently serve the purpose of the Cube as a place purporting to show the absurdity (or arrogance) of progressive thought by embracing it in ways that illustrate its absurdity (or arrogance).

Here's another example of something with which I agree but which could not realistically be deemed to depict how progressives think because it really is an attempt to show how people with common sense think about how progressives think-- i.e., a wholly different form of satire which is more in the nature of an editorial cartoon in a video format:

Back to the idea of the Thought-Crime Gulag-- I think it could become a fun place at which characters exchange information with each other on how to improve the Cube, about other sites, about news events, etc. Perhaps some characters could get to know each other also. I "know" several but not many.

Thought-Crime Warden wrote: Back to the idea of the Thought-Crime Gulag-- I think it could become a fun place .... .

It gives me a headache.

As is my custom, I denounce the bleeding ulcer, bleeding hemorrhoid and bleeding uncontrollable need to denounce that this denouncement has given me.

I don't know what to think

Ok, now I'm confused.

I was told to meet the handsome K.O.F. in the "Thoughtcrime Gulag". Is this it, or do I look elsewhere? Help! I've got an urge for a purge!

Czar Czar wrote:Ok, now I'm confused.

I was told to meet the handsome K.O.F. in the "Thoughtcrime Gulag". Is this it, or do I look elsewhere? Help! I've got an urge for a purge!

I am here, my dear.

Given your voluptuousness as well as your enticing remarks in one of my Fatwa posts, I invited you here to show you how I learned an important lesson about Fatwas and about women in general that I once foolishly deemed suitable for posting. It would have been suitable for posting in this Thought-Crime Gulag, but was not suitable for on-character posting elsewhere in the Cube:

Thus, I am posting an example of my own transgression to show my sincerity in urging all characters to aspire to create posts that emulate Red Square's skills rather than lapsing into editorial satire. (I explain what I perceive to be the distinction in several posts above.)

The reason this video was inappropriate for posting (except as "Off Character" or here in the Thought-Crime Gulag, which did not then exist) is that it does not mock insanity by embracing it but rather ridicules insanity. I think there's an important difference which had not then sufficiently dawned on my dull mind.

--Kommisar of Fatwas

Thought-Crime Warden wrote: What I didn't expect was for characters to be genuinely offended by the entire idea.

Comrade Warden, I hope you didn't construe my faux apology as indication that I was offended by your concerns. I was merely acknowledging the validity of your point in the manner any good Leftist would employ when caught red handed. It was the defense of the indefensible.

It's impossible to discuss the unique comedic style of each character without speaking out of character. But it would be unrealistic to expect every poster to rise to the level of pure talent of Red Square. His background gives him a perspective of Communism from which to draw that few can match.

I agree, perhaps of late too many (myself included) have gone off character too often. Likewise the Kommissar of Fatwas makes a good point (in another thread) that text "strike outs" have been employed to excess and for the wrong reason. It's one thing to strike out a word that is no longer the current truth or politically incorrect. But it shouldn't be used to strike out entire sentences which are grossly out of character.

As you may know, the Inner Party has the highest supreme authority granted by our esteemed Chairman, first among equals to edit or delete any post they deem to be inappropriate. However, in the interest of granting the widest equality to all, they also show the greatest possible restraint. Ideological lapses are instead addressed by public denouncement of the offender. Feel free to engage in this honored pastime. Perhaps you can affect the change you desire.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:
Thought-Crime Warden wrote: What I didn't expect was for characters to be genuinely offended by the entire idea.

Comrade Warden, I hope you didn't construe my faux apology as indication that I was offended by your concerns. I was merely acknowledging the validity of your point in the manner any good Leftist would employ when caught red handed. It was the defense of the indefensible.

It's impossible to discuss the unique comedic style of each character without speaking out of character. But it would be unrealistic to expect every poster to rise to the level of pure talent of Red Square. His background gives him a perspective of Communism from which to draw that few can match.

I agree, perhaps of late too many (myself included) have gone off character too often. Likewise the Kommissar of Fatwas makes a good point (in another thread) that text "strike outs" have been employed to excess and for the wrong reason. It's one thing to strike out a word that is no longer the current truth or politically incorrect. But it shouldn't be used to strike out entire sentences which are grossly out of character.

As you may know, the Inner Party has the highest supreme authority granted by our esteemed Chairman, first among equals to edit or delete any post they deem to be inappropriate. However, in the interest of granting the widest equality to all, they also show the greatest possible restraint. Ideological lapses are instead addressed by public denouncement of the offender. Feel free to engage in this honored pastime. Perhaps you can affect the change you desire.

My Dearest Comrade Whoopie,

I am quite relieved (but, of course, not surprised) to perceive that my attempts to clarify my intentions in creating the Thought-Crime Gulag are now better understood. My bad for doing such a bad job of explaining it at the start.

One of the older characters I miss most is Premier Betty, whose comments were quite skillful and also often made me laugh out loud.

By the way, a great post I had not previously visited is this one:

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=5016

It makes me think you must be as old as I because I don't think our educational system has taught our students very much about the old USSR in recent decades, so I doubt whipper-snappers would have recalled that great moment in history.

One could argue in theory that the "We Will Barry You" is in the category of an editorial cartoon but also could argue with equal validity that it represents an assertion of pride by Progressives at having succeeded in having one of their own become President. I think it's a great on-character post for that reason and quite clever to boot.

In expressing my kudos/criticsims, I'm trying to maintain the degree of humility that Kommissar of Fatwas exhibited in confessing his own transgressions.

--Thought-Crime Warden

Comrade Buffoon wrote:As is my custom, I denounce the bleeding ulcer, bleeding hemorrhoid and bleeding uncontrollable need to denounce that this denouncement has given me.

I don't know what to think

I find it impossible to resist the impulse to ask you if this is a self-portrait. If so, is that a hockey-stick your'e dragging behind you? This is too surrealistic for my feeble brain, so I need enlightenment. Does this mean that Dutch roller-skaters are not Global-Warming Deniers?

--Thought-Crime Warden

@ ThoughtCrimeWarden

I'll refrain from the impulse to tell what that is dragging behind me and simply state, Dutch Roller Skaters Rule! Their skates being subservient to my 1970's tube socks and all...

Comrade Buffoon wrote:@ ThoughtCrimeWarden

I'll refrain from the impulse to tell what that is dragging behind me and simply state, Dutch Roller Skaters Rule! Their skates being subservient to my 1970's tube socks and all...

I hate to interrupt a good coversation, but let me be clear-- my medical expertise makes me hope it's dragging behind rather than between. If the latter is true, I feel sad for you because I don't see how you could ever manage to score-- except, perhaps at a great distance.

But don't worry-- the new ObamaCare coverage will provide just the surgical remedy you need. It would also cover liposuction.

I have always said, "I have always said, 'Let me be clear,'" because I don't want to ever be accused of being guilty of a lack of clarity.

Soon I will begin practicing my medical prowess in the Cube. I will become the new Primary Care Physician for America. My first assignment will be to perform an OB/Gyn exam on Lady Liberty and a rectal exam on Uncle Sam to teach him how to better perform rectal exams on all taxpayers though ObamaCare/IRS regulations. The new slogan will be, "We're from the IRS and we're here to hump you."
--Doctor Obama

Comrade Thought Crime Warden/Kommisar of Fatwas,

Here you have made less than 30 or so posts between your two identities, and I find you to be such a drain of party resources, that I will require an extra two liters of vodka, and 3 bowls of beets just to keep my energy up.

I looked up the number of posts you made under the identity of Kommisar of Fatwas, and it totaled 20 since 2007. Under your new identity, you have made 8 posts. That you have contributed so little to the party in contrast with how much you feel you have the right to criticize the evolution of the Cube makes me vomit. I will agree that lately, we have had so many Comrades pile into the Cube that it is impossible to keep them all in character. But what have you done to mentor anyone in this regard? What exactly do you bring to the party except your whining?

In the meantime, I DENOUNCE YOU for your arrogance, and complete lack of understanding on what it means to pull your weight around here in the way of supporting the posts of others, for starters. Your selfishness rivals the likes of some of the most notorious capitalist pigs in history.

Commissarka Leninka
Acting Commissar of Housekeeping,
Disappearances, Composting,
Dissection, and Limo Service

Leninka wrote:Comrade Thought Crime Warden/Kommisar of Fatwas,

Here you have made less than 30 or so posts between your two identities, and I find you to be such a drain of party resources, that I will require an extra two liters of vodka, and 3 bowls of beets just to keep my energy up.

I looked up the number of posts you made under the identity of Kommisar of Fatwas, and it totaled 20 since 2007. Under your new identity, you have made 8 posts. That you have contributed so little to the party in contrast with how much you feel you have the right to criticize the evolution of the Cube makes me vomit. What exactly do you bring to the party except your whining?

In the meantime, I DENOUNCE YOU for your arrogance, and complete lack of understanding on what it means to pull your weight around here in the way of supporting the posts of others, for starters. Your selfishness rivals the likes of some of the most notorious capitalist pigs in history.

Commissarka Leninka
Acting Commissar of Housekeeping,
Disappearances, Composting,
Dissection, and Limo Service

First, you don't know all my identities. Second, you don't know all my contributions apart from postings in a character mode. Third, you're the most thin-skinned character I've seen. Fourth, my focus has not been on quantity. Fifth, confessions of one's own shortcomings (an introspective quality you seem to lack) such as my own confessions and illustrations of my own shortcomings with which this post is replete is hardly a manifestation of arrogance, so I suggest you consult your dictionary. Sixth, there are more ways to "pull one's weight" than to concentrate on quantity. Seventh, speaking of arrogance, your denunciation of other characters' posts was a tour de force in arrogance plus inconsistency. Eighth, if you don't like the Thought-Crime Gulag, don't come here. Your contributions won't be missed.

--Thought Crime Warden

Comrade,

Wha Wha Wha Wha Wha - PULEEEZE spare us any more whining, and lack of respect. The only point you have made is that lately, posts have not been as "in character" as they were in the past. Your criticism of sarcasm seems to mask your envy, and therefore, lack, of wit.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'mcurious, when did Red Square die, and redistribute the kollective toyou? Your "thought crime gulag" does not seem to be part of any canonhere, and your efforts to pop in and declare itself is as absurd as anyobamacare plan. Perhaps in another timeline your little gulag exists,and you are a member of the Inner Party, but not here, and not in anytimeline I care to poke around in. I have to agree, your inability to handle sarcasm, and desire to run with the commissars without having earned your stripes does indicate a strong bit of envy on your part. -7.62

Comrade Fatwa and self-proclaimed Thought Crime Warden wrote:Eighth, if you don't like the Thought-Crime Gulag, don't come here. Your contributions won't be missed.

Comrade Fatwa,

I will gladly stay away from this and all other posts you make in the future. Please advise me of all of your identities, so that I will be sure not to encroach on your property, as you seem to be the only member here who deems yourself worthy of taking ownership to a thread as if it were a piece of New York real estate.

Quite entertaining for someone with a handful of posts, and a seeming equal number of user accounts to start creating his gulags and declaring himself a warden. There is character, in character, out of character, and playing along with the system. Sadly this one has failed at all of them.

. . . a remnant from a past purge that somehow slithered away the last time there was a knock on his door, or perhaps a disgruntled worker who was thrown out of one kolkhoz and then another, finding himself having to strap on a new identity to avoid detection.

I bet there isn't a gulag in all of Siberia that hasn't put up with him and thrown him out at one time or another.

Only from real progressives would I expect to find such incredible hostility to the very notion of a free-speech zone to involve an exchange of ideas.

I seem to have run out of vodka and don't see how I can possibly consider continuing to continue on. I'll continue to hide out in the back of the gulag until I figure out what's transpiring, what's allowed and what's disallowed. . . and I think (oops, I know that's not something encourage by the Thought Police) I'll wait to be critiqued, reprimanded, corrected or disemboweled by Red Square himself, and not any unknown Faux cops or commissioners.
I also don't remember reading any particular "rules of engagement" or "Postings Do's and Don't". If wrong, I'll be waiting to be corrected by Comrade Square.
I'm just an ordinary gulag gal, trying to make her way through the new Made Progressive world, stepping over everyone else and their beet droppings with my small government issue flashlight, leading the way.

Comrades, commissars, take a break from your pummeling so I can plumb the meaning of "Editorial Satire" as the Warden uses it. The beatings will continue in 15 minutes.

Comrade Warden, it seems that you miss the days when Communism was a just a theory that could be discussed in the abstract. However with the election of Dear Leader, communism is no longer theoretical here in America. It is the reality of our existence. It's no longer some phenomenon that can be held at arms length and observed as if it can never effect us directly.

What I'm trying to say, albeit poorly since I just woke up and haven't had my first cup of vodka yet, is that it's nearly impossible to speak of the Communism that pervades daily life right here in America right now, without being editorial and sarcastic.

And now I must leave before Pinkie shows up, if she takes to swinging her shovel there could be collateral damage to innocent bystanders.

I have no doubt that at least some (perhaps all) of the combative nature of some of the posts here in the Thought-Crime Gulag is attributable to my lack of skill in conveying the idea I'm trying to put on the table for discussion.

I have no doubt we all want the Cube to prosper.

My focus was on what I had always perceived as making the Cube unique was that it was a depiciton of "Life Behind the Irony Curtain." It featured characters appearing to wholly, uequivocally and unsarcastically embrace collectivism-- the mocking of collectivism by exhibiting the extreme embrace of collectivist philosophy rather than ridiculing collectivism.

I've cited examples of my own failures to adhere to such theme (hardly a manifestation of arrogance).

Not intending to be unkind to Fraulein Pulloski, I listed a poster she posted (which I think is a GREAT poster) as an example of satire that overtly ridicules collectivism (rather than mocking it by appearing to unconditionally embrace it).

There is no shortage of political satire sites that overtly ridicule collectivism. Indeed, I think ridiculing collectivism is a great and necessary activity. However, in my opinion, there is only one site that effectively mocks collectivism by appearing to unconditionally and blindly embrace it. (Except, of course, with respect to "OFF" character posts.)

This doesn't seem to be rocket science to me.

If I am trying to inspire all of us (including myself) to be better, how is that an attack on anyone? I've received brutal criticism from Red Square over the years (justifiably, I might add), which I appreciate rather than resent because I correctly perceive it to be coming from a "friend" rather than an "enemy." I've never perceived such criticism as a personal attack on me but rather as a good-faith critique of my ideas.

I think all of us would walk on broken glass for Red Square. So I think we should be able to participate without animosity in a free-wheeling "free speech" forum about how to best serve the Cube we all love.

I will concede that in creating the Thought-Crime Warden character, I embedded in it the kind of arrogance we have come to expect from the real-world person on whose image the avatar is based. I thought that was a clever way to lure characters into a forum for lively (and friendly) discussion of differing (even opposing) views about content on the Cube. I don't think Rahm Rod would "gently" invite anyone anwhere. It was an attention-getting device rather than an attack on anyone. Indeed, it didn't mention any character by name.

==========================================================

Oh my Lenin! We have a supreme whining kiss-up prole in our midst. I command every comrade, Kommissar, and Stalin propaganda film make up artist to drop to thy collective knees and grunt to the glorious droning hence.

Comrade Thought-Crime Warden, although you deliver a most equal service to the collective through a masterful OP, we at The Politburo have begun to wonder about your personal and individual INDULGENCE. Comrade, such self aggrandizing of mere Party service provider makes us suspicious of dedication to Party Agenda? Are you comrade of Party, or disappearing comrade?

- Supreme Commander of Thread Jacking & Stuffed Mice Toys™

The thing is, Thought-Crime Warden, putting what you wish to say into the words of a character spot-lighted on the stage of web-site street political theater on a consistent basis is difficult and many people never really get it. The first couple of years of TPC that bothered me. It doesn't anymore.

I know what TPC was going to be when it was first created. It was going to be a lot of satirical leftwing columnists (thus, the Columnists section which is now deader than a doornail) and Red Square all doing satirical street theater on the web. The comments were going to be for comments on the articles these characters wrote. What has happened over the years with TPC is sort of street theater in itself. By giving the commenters admin status it has rather changed the entire dynamic and I've come to think of it as part of the street theater commentary on the Left in and of itself. The masses have been given control and the site has become centered on the comments and the commenters in the blog. The masses have won! And it will go on until the masses run out of Red Square's money.

=============================================================

Comrade Otis Most Glorious Party Official,

It behooves The Politburo to at once speak of the Party truths™ you have unveiled. You see this was all part of our plan from the Obama 1. A commentary so ludicrous that evil Objectivism™ of Western Thought™ fall to the glorious subversion of The Party™ and The Masses™. Dear Leader will show you the money! Dear Leader will let The Masses™ prevail. Individual commentary is null and void.

-Supreme Commander of Thread Jacking & Stuffed Mice Toys™

Comrade Otis wrote: I know what TPC was going to be when it was first created. It was going to be a lot of satirical leftwing columnists (thus, the Columnists section which is now deader than a doornail) and Red Square all doing satirical street theater on the web. The comments were going to be for comments on the articles these characters wrote. What has happened over the years with TPC is sort of street theater in itself. By giving the commenters admin status it has rather changed the entire dynamic and I've come to think of it as part of the street theater commentary on the Left in and of itself. The masses have been given control and the site has become centered on the comments and the commenters in the blog. The masses have won! And it will go on until the masses run out of Red Square's money.

OH, interesting, comrade. I had noticed there wasn't much 'going on' in other areas.... and here's the explanation. How "progressive" of the Cube to continue to 'evolve' and 'change'.

Having an important set of family & business responsibilities for the next few days, I'll just have to leave my carcass here to be picked apart in my absence.
Have a nice weekend.

===========================================================

Comrade Prole Warden,

Do not be dismayed. Every fine apparatchik of The Party™ is eaten alive and spit out in the socialist fashion The Politburo desires. We see bright future for such a regurgitated prog. Excuse me, I need to pick my teeth with prole bone.

-Supreme Commander of Thread Jacking & Stuffed Mice Toys™

Thought-Crime Warden wrote:Only from real progressives would I expect to find such incredible hostility to the very notion of a free-speech zone to involve an exchange of ideas.

OK Warden, please do explain. Since this is what I believe to be KOOK, I find it troublesome. If I'm wrong and it's not KOOK, again, I find it troublesome. This is jujitsu Mimespeak™.
Free speech zone? Care for a rubber bullet?
Exchange of ideas? Since when did the Party™ dictate we "exchange"?

Very proactive Comrade. Yes indeed. Proactive.

I feel a "group hug" coming on.

Noble Space Dog, it is not just a group hug but a Perfect Harmony Hug™.

Cooshy, cooshy. The collective supports such prog Love™ on every May 1. Since comrade prole Warden has missed the mark by many dates on the tree of Gaea how can we expect such a prole to eat the fruit he has supplanted?

I suspect this prole is suffering from the runs. A Nobel Prize first showing but nothing but diarrhea hence.

I am new to this particular thread and as such, would like to start my post by stating that I am absolutely offended by everything on it, from the subject matter to the fonts to the total dearth of posts wondering, “Where is Pinkie? Why isn't Pinkie here? Pinkie is wonderful. Pinkie is beautiful. We're scared poopless of Pinkie,” and I mean to express my outrage accordingly by demanding repeated apologies from everyone, and especially reparations from the government, for only a government check could possibly obliterate all the pain of the past and make everything right again.

But now that I'm here, let's play a few rounds of my favorite game, “Commissarka, May I?”

You, Thought Crime Warden! I hereby denounce you for wanting to maintain the status quo. For wanting to drag us back kicking and screaming to the failed policies of the past, to a bleak, oppressive Cube that only said it was for the People but wasn't, as it lacked universal posting for all instead of the few nestled in the pockets of greedy special interests, like $$ Halliburton.

We are fulfilling our Hope for much-needed Change by fundamentally transforming The People's Cube. And you, sir, are the enemy of Cube Reform, without which I cannot pursue my Constitutional—yes, you read that right—Constitutional right to happiness—which includes the receipt of endless apologies and of course, that big fat government check!

Now let's see if I understand you correctly. You want to create a separate forum of sorts designed specifically for comrades to do nothing but go “prog off” and play at being teabaggers. Where they can actually be politically incorrect if they choose, and discuss things that would otherwise be thoughtcrime, and next thing you know, they'll be exchanging personal information, dispensing advice for the lovelorn, maybe even posting pictures of their cute puppies and adorable kittens and who knows, maybe even trashing and poking fun at other comrades—like you or worse, Lenin forbid—ME—behind my back!

Because I wouldn't be caught dead in such a den of iniquity, a nest of vipers!

Besides, as you can see from all the “Prog Off” comments, too many comrades here don't know doo-doo about how to act like teabaggers. We progs are simply too civil and compassionate in nature to conceive of such hatred and terror-tactics.

And now that we've passed Cube Reform, I haven't seen the heavens opening up, have you? I haven't seen the ground open up beneath us and swallow us up, have you? Everything is glorious now, TCW! Glorious! Don't believe me? Look into the shine of my gold shovel, TCW, and tell me what you see!

WHACK!!!

How's that for “reform”, TCW? Yes, that's what change feels like!

And I'm sure everyone here will agree.

I'm still shocked over this whole "exchange" business.
There is Change™ and Expropriate™ and they are one and the same.

Here Pinkie, let me wipe that speck of prole DNA off your Golden Shovel with some Tarnex. I'd hate to see the shininess get dull and the prole get distracted by some other shiny object then look away and miss the total glory to behold in your magnificent gift.

Doctor Obama wrote:
Comrade Buffoon wrote:@ ThoughtCrimeWarden

I hate to interrupt a good coversation, but let me be clear-- my medical expertise makes me hope it's dragging behind rather than between. If the latter is true, I feel sad for you because I don't see how you could ever manage to score-- except, perhaps at a great distance.

But don't worry-- the new ObamaCare coverage will provide just the surgical remedy you need. It would also cover liposuction.

I have always said, "I have always said, 'Let me be clear,'" because I don't want to ever be accused of being guilty of a lack of clarity.

Soon I will begin practicing my medical prowess in the Cube. I will become the new Primary Care Physician for America. My first assignment will be to perform an OB/Gyn exam on Lady Liberty and a rectal exam on Uncle Sam to teach him how to better perform rectal exams on all taxpayers though ObamaCare/IRS regulations. The new slogan will be, "We're from the IRS and we're here to hump you."
--Doctor Obama

Axelrod could not have said it better. For the record, that's not my dingle dangle dangling in the dirt, its my 1040EZ...

Comrade Pinkie,

When your whacks become legendary, the expectations increase proportionately. Now, if you ever don't feel like whacking, I have spent the last 24 hours fashioning this broom. It doesn't have the same impact as a shovel would, however, I think I could give those who need it a pretty good swat.

Hi Comrades!
I was unable to engage the Cube since my breakdown on the 17th of this month due to some computer thingy. Actually, it happened on the day of the "Healthcare Vote." Howsomever, I did keep my eye on this thread. Most interesting.

Fraulein Pulloskies, I am right there with you on this one. I too, seriously wonder if I have posted a "dud" myself, sometimes. I never want to do this, of course, and most certainly have. But I, like you, am finding my way. I feel privileged to be posting here. The Cube always keeps me in line. In spite of the real anxieties I sometimes have re what I have posted, it always turns out right. Most often BETTER than I could have imagined! It's because of the support of the other Comrades. I have no idea if these people are "assigned to new progs" or what. By whom? I think they just step up to the plate and "mentor" us, if they feel inclined. They just take us on. That's part of the "improv." I find this wonderful.

Comrade Otis, I just friggin' LOVED what you posted here! Regarding the evolution of TPC!
An earlier post of mine suggested that The Cube was an "improv group" This is before I knew anything about Red Square's street theatre stuff. I agree with you entirely!

Thought-Crime Warden, <off>
I do get your point, and have wondered about this as well. As a newly minted prog, one of the most wonderful things about The Cube is that I get to "put myself on the line and say what I have to say, knowing full well that I am not as astute as other progs regarding parody and satire, even though I love it, most especially Red Square. Sometimes it takes guts to do this, but I do it anyway. The fact that I am allowed to do this in the company of such awesome writers inspires me. I love them for allowing me in their company. It's quite like a trumpet player who wants to play jazz, but needs to find his "voice". One must play in front of someone, someone who can actually hear your voice! Someone you respect, not your dog. It's necessary to stumble and fall before you can "sing" sometimes, TCW! And, you need to do it in the presence of others. (The old tree falling in the forest, does anyone hear it sort of thing.)

We all "Eff-up" frequently in life, I don't know anyone who hasn't. So what! The Cube, to me, is a metaphor for life. Yeah, it really is. To put a finer point on it, I would say that if I was restricted to the "Off" Gulag you suggest, because I didn't quite get the satire thing right, (by the way, who is gonna decide that?) I wouldn't learn a thing. I'd just be bitching right along with the rest of the bitchers. I like the <off> option, because it offers me the opportunity to put my kommentary in context when I just cannot come up with the "perfect" parody or satire. The spontaneous aspect of it has enabled me to just "let it rip", and have the courage to just "go" with what I have written. And, trust it. I, much to my surprise, am quite pleased with the results! Otherwise, I might not post at all. Now what is the point of that?

I have often wondered how fun it would be for all of us comrades to substitute our Avatars for pictures of our real selves, just for one day. Even better, have a reunion somewhere! Truth is, it might take some of the fun out of The Cube, although I'm not sure about this. I'll bet I'm not the first person to think of this. Reason is, for me, anyway, I already can "feel" who they are. I have great affection for my Comrades. I believe they know that, too. I can "sense" who they are and know I am doing this. It is not my imagination. (Actually, I still think this could be fun. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.)

Red Square's objective is, according to my understanding, building communities everywhere!

In my mind he has most certainly done it here! A most stunning achievement!

It's a beautiful thing!

<on><off><on>

The Warden is now in the dungeon
as though he became a curmudgeon
to say the Cube's role
is what Rush extolled:
"A Stalinist [slice*] of 'The Onion.'"

[*Note: The Mother Page quotation of Rush describes the Cube as a "Stalinist version of 'The Onion.'" But since "version" is a two-syllable word, maintaining rhythm required substitution of the one-syllable word "slice."]

Such praise heaped by Rush on the Cube
made clear how its function he viewed:
Satirical deftness
in mocking the Leftists
by mimicking them at the Cube.

And, so, in the dungeon the Warden
is licking the wounds for his startin'
a thread to discuss
satirical stuff
that we in the Cube are imparting.

Unknown to the Warden, the skin
of some would be shown to be thin
'cause some of his views
expressed were construed
as though he were foe 'stead of friend.

So, therefore, the Warden concludes
this thread as a place to peruse
opinions, not ire,
has failed to inspire
collegial exchanges of views.

However, per-chance if there be
a few who perhaps might perceive
a need for preserving
a gulag for puging
of thought-crimes, their names they should leave.

There once was a fella from Polisat,
His animations they run on YouTube.
Who created a website Gulagosphere,
he thought would rival the Cube.

But to his dismay as years went by
posts to his invention were nigh.
After years on the run he decided to come
to the Cube to find out why.

To hide his intention to sell his invention
he created a new malefactor.
His mission he swore was to once again restore
the Cube to it's old manufacture.

But the Cube had moved on, a new style had dawned
and a Gulagosphere was no longer needed.
Off character posts grew just like wild oats,
and the old rules were no longer heeded.

The Warden bristled and pounded his fist,
such an opportunity should never be missed.
He spread his contempt without making a dent,
the regulars they only got pissed.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I like pancakes.

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
In Soviet Russia, POEM WRITE YOU!

Comrades,

I've got writers block. I'm trying to write a little poem action myself.....Somebody give me word that rhymes with orange.

I always thought I was a poet but didn't know it because my feet are longfellows.

Commodore Snoogie Woogums wrote:Somebody give me word that rhymes with orange.

The color or the fruit?

I'm just bustin' your balls Snoogie. Try LOZENGE.

When did this turn into a poetry contest? After Nancy said we should all be allowed to sit at home and be writers and artists living on government grants, so we don't have to work at some stupid "real job" just to get healthcare?

And I don't know what rhymes with orange, but I know a really good knock-knock joke about an orange:

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Banana.

Banana who?

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Banana.

Banana WHO?

Knock knock

WHO'S THERE?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Snoogie, maybe you could get a grant to sit at home and write knock knock jokes.

BTW, I'll give Beet of the Week to whoever writes the most impressive "Ode to Pinkie."

Commissarka's Shovel
Punishes those who offend
All praise to Pinkie

Ode To Pinkie:

O thou forevermore fair Pinkie
verily doth My heart expode with fury at Thy Name;
Please Hittest thou not mine head with thy shovel.
Without thee, soon this Cube doth Stinkie
Forevermore with beetslessness the same,
At thy beautious feet we grovel.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:There once was a fella from Polisat,
His animations they run on YouTube.
Who created a website Gulagosphere,
he thought would rival the Cube.

But to his dismay as years went by
posts to his invention were nigh.
After years on the run he decided to come
to the Cube to find out why.

To hide his intention to sell his invention
he created a new malefactor.
His mission he swore was to once again restore
the Cube to it's old manufacture.

But the Cube had moved on, a new style had dawned
and a Gulagosphere was no longer needed.
Off character posts grew just like wild oats,
and the old rules were no longer heeded.

The Warden bristled and pounded his fist,
such an opportunity should never be missed.
He spread his contempt without making a dent,
the regulars they only got pissed.

To: Threadjack Commissar and Little Mouse Toys

Hi, Comrades,

Why is it that I, Pamalinsky have not received the responses in my email posted after this one? (By the way, Whoopie, my sentiments exactly! Great poem!)

Last night I tried to post a "new post", only to find a message from the Politbureau popping up telling me that only Administrators are allowed to post now, and yet I see plenty of newly minted progs posting here. Am I being shut out? I know The Cube is upgrading itself. So maybe that's what it is. I, Pamalinsky, wish to reveal my true history with Theocritus. (Even he doesn't know.)

Pinkie and Leninka have been quite nosy about this in recently posted posts. Maybe that will help! I wish to reveal this information to them. Oh yeah, and to Theo, too. It's a SHOCKER!

Comrade, relax. Chill. Step into the wormhole over here. Excellent. Everything is now as it was, not as it is.

Now tell us about this shocking information. It's about your medication, is it not? Perhaps your evil capitalist health insurance plan won't pay for it anymore, and you are losing it some? Or maybe you can't afford your six pack of 211 Steel Reserve and are looking for your next fix? Maybe you are just hearing voices other than Comrade Laika's in your head?

No matter the problem, though we here at The Cube(TM) have the solution. Now you tell us you have a true history, but will only reveal it to one person. Astounding! Incredible! Well see, information is like wealth. We spread it around a lot here. My money is Theo's money, and Pinkie whacks him, and takes the money for her own uses. Information is the same. If you tell Theo, I just hack his computer, and then Pinkie beats me over the head and downloads it all onto her flash drive and wipes my hard disc clean.

So come clean and spare Theo and others a shovel whacking, and just share this info with everyone here and now. We'll all find out anyway in the end.

HOLD ON,

Hate to interrupt this turn of events but I've got some Love Poetry to post first, and get my Beet of the Week.

Read it and weep losers......Errrr.....I mean enjoy my most equal Comrades. I'll share my award with all of you of course as a good prog.

Ode to Pinkie

Your beauty has encapsulated me like a 10 percent tax on a tanning bed