TV ad by China's Communist Party goes viral

China_Communist_Anniversary.jpg
A new TV ad glorifying China's Communist Party has gone viral online in China. In celebration of the party's 95th anniversary, state-run China Central Television (CCTV) produced the party's first public-service TV ad, titled "Who am I."

The 90-second video opens with the question, "Who am I? What kind of person am I?" It then shows six party members from all walks of life - each going beyond the call of duty, before concluding, “I'm the Communist Party. I'm always by your side.”

Since the ad went viral, reaction has been mixed. Some posted, "I am the one who is best at talking," "I am the one who shouts the loudest slogans." And, after some comments like these were deleted, someone commented, “I am the one who is best at deleting posts."

The most common comment was, "Why does that Business Insider web page look like the People's Cube?"

See the ad below. Translated by Google, the title reads: "Look! I actually first party to advertise the 95 anniversary of founding of public service ads."

Comrade Direktor Square,

For a moment I thought this was Pinkie picking up her shovel for another day in the beet fields!

Pinkie2.JPG

"I'm always by your side."

I don't know about anybody else but that's about the last thing I want. I hate do-gooders.

That's the chinese communist party? I thought they lived in the forbidden city.

Very informative, Comrade Red Square! I've also just found out that China is broadcasting propaganda news about the South China Sea into the heart of Times Square! A giant billboard for state-run Xinhua news has been playing 24/7 365 days a year since 2011.

The KKKapitalists have been keeping us from this knowledge for far too long!

Red Square wrote:... state-run China Central Television (CCTV) ...
(claps forehead loudly, shouts out) alack, CCTV !

p1.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
p2.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
Chinese vernacular : Big Underpants (CCTV Headquarters, construction 2004-2008-2012).

Nothing says "the Ministry of Daily Truth is HERE" like a piece of monstrously monumental architecture, arranged in an avantguardish and showy way (guaranteeing headlines for the investor (see top pic on this thread) and - possibly - fame and awards for the architect(s) (in this case Rem Koolhaas - a bit of a Le Corbusier of the late 20th / early 21st century, likewise talented and grandiloquent).
(mho, knowing more of K's work: a grandiloquently pontificating urbanist, cultivating his "brand" and luring clients with "shock" designs, not unlike "shocking" in pop-culture-biz since the (?)80s).

p3.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
p4.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
(to my knowledge, not "implemented"; likely a ChiCom proposal, probably kicked out later.)

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:
Rad Square wrote:... state-run China Central Television (CCTV) ...
(claps forehead loudly, shouts out) alack, CCTV !

p1.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
p2.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
Chinese vernacular : Big Underpants (CCTV Headquarters, construction 2004-2008-2012).

Nothing says "the Ministry of Daily Truth is HERE" like a piece of monstrously monumental architecture, arranged in an avantguardish and showy way (guaranteeing headlines for the investor (see top pic on this thread) and - possibly - fame and awards for the architect(s) (in this case Rem Koolhaas - a bit of a Le Corbusier of the late 20th / early 21st century, likewise talented and grandiloquent).
(mho, knowing more of K's work: a grandiloquently pontificating urbanist, cultivating his "brand" and luring clients with "shock" designs, not unlike "shocking" in pop-culture-biz since the (?)80s).

p3.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
p4.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg
(to my knowledge, not "implemented"; likely a ChiCom proposal, probably kicked out later.)

Floor 1: Clothing
Floor 2: Housewares
Floor 3: Jewelry
Floor 42: People clinging to girders.

Actual picture of China CCTV Building:

39987-p2.CHI.Beijing.CCTV.jpg

Capitalist propaganda photo with smog photoshopped in as an attempt to slander the Central Committee of the People's Party.

china-smog-2013-TV-bldg.jpg