University Students take the 'Transgender Muffin Challenge'

University students in Professor Emma Renold class at Cardiff University in the UK took the Transgender Muffin Challenge.

Transgender Muffin Challenge.jpg
The challenge directs participants to stand by pink or blue balloons according to the muffins they've been given randomly by a group leader. Participants with blueberry muffins stand by a collection of blue balloons while those with raspberry muffins stand by pink balloons. Those with mixed muffins stand in the middle of the room without any balloons.

“After this activity, we asked how they felt being categorize according to a muffin they did not choose, what it felt like to go to a gender-coded corner that they might not identify with, and what it felt like not to have a corner at all,” the guide writes, according to The Times. The exercise is part of an online toolkit reaching more than 1,400 young people in Wales.

Transgender Muffin Challenge2.jpg
The activity was meant to make participants understand how it feels to be a gender they did not choose and to feel like there is no place for them at all. The muffin exercise also intended to show participants that gender cannot be assumed merely based on looks.

Note: Unfortunately, I was unable to find an image or video of the "Transgendered Muffins."
[highlight=#ffff99]
[highlight=#ccffff]The People's Cube™ reports; You Decide.[/highlight][/highlight]

The word "muffin" is itself a sexist dog whistle.

A correctly designed scientific experiment would have hot dog buns and weiners. For a satisfying meal the students would have to couple one with the other and share it between the two.

The third "mixed" option would be a tray with packets of ketchup, mustard, and mayo.

Red Square wrote:The word "muffin" is itself a sexist dog whistle.

'Science', and any derivation and/or conjugation thereof, is also a sexist dog whistle. So is 'dog whistle'.

Next time an extremely smart intellectual (which college professors are) should consult The Online Slang Dictionary when picking an object for his/her/its new challenge.

MUFFIN:

1. an attractive person.
  2. the vulva; "vagina".
  3. fat that bulges over or hangs down over bottom-wear that is too tight.

If any definition comes close to #2 on this list, think harder.

Antonio Salazarinski wrote:Those with mixed muffins stand in the middle of the room without any balloons.
What's a "mixed muffin"? Unless it's stud/muffin mix...

Stud_Muffin.jpg

"I am not a muffin! I am a human being!"

That would be a great line in a new Planet of the Apes remake.

Margaret wrote:"I am not a muffin! I am a human being!"

or, a remake of "The Elephant Man."

Captain Craptek wrote:

or, a remake of "The Elephant Man."

Oops. You're right. The Elephant Man. Why was I thinking Planet of the Apes?

That's not the song they want you to sing, comrade. The korrekt song is...

I am he and he is she and gender free
And we can pee together…
See how they change their dripping range
When they open their fly
I'm crying

I'm a little snowflake
Waiting for a sex change to come
​Che Guevara T-shirt, Glorious Next Tuesday
Man you've really been a girl
You let them cut your schlong

I am the muffin
They are the muffin
You are the muffin
Goo goo g'joob

And yet the qualities of the muffins were determined by their creator. Ironic.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:And yet the qualities of the muffins were determined by their creator. Ironic.

A blueberry muffin is a blueberry muffin is a blueberry muffin.

So if I go to a transgender muffin shop and order a blueberry muffin do I get a blueberry muffin or do I get someone that self-identifies as a blueberry muffin?

And then, who do I kick in the balls?