We Are in Deep Doo Doo

Lest there be any doubt what sort of reign has been brought about, I humbly submit the following....

Then there were these stories...

You know what you got to do....

WASHINGTON -- President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

One White House official confirmed the comment but said he was simply trying to make a larger point about bipartisan efforts.

"There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats," the official said. "We shouldn't let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done."

That wasn't Obama's only jab at Republicans today.

While discussing the stimulus package with top lawmakers in the White House's Roosevelt Room, President Obama shot down a critic with a simple message.

"I won," he said, according to aides who were briefed on the meeting. "I will trump you on that."

The response was to the objection by Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) to the president's proposal to increase benefits for low-income workers who don't owe federal income taxes.

Then there was this case of the out of control reporter....

What Nerve!

WASHINGTON -- President Obama paid a surprise visit to members of the White House press corps Thursday evening when he walked through their working area of the West Wing, but he quickly became agitated when he was confronted with a question by one of the journalists.

According to reports, when the Politico's Jonathan Martin asked the president about his nominee for deputy secretary of defense, William Lynn, Obama refused to answer, saying he was not there to take questions.

"I came down here to visit. I didn't come down here -- this is what happens. I can't end up visiting you guys and shaking hands if I am going to grilled every time I come down here," the president said.

Pressed further by the Politico reporter about his Pentagon nominee, Obama turned more serious, putting his hand on the reporter's shoulder and staring him in the eye.

"All right, come on" he said, with obvious irritation in his voice. "We will be having a press conference, at which time you can feel free to [ask] questions. Right now, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to you guys -- that's all I was trying to do," Politico.com reported.

The situation came to a close when a cameraman in the room interrupted, declaring: "I'd like to say it one more time: 'Mr. President.'"

The nominee in question, William Lynn, is a former lobbyist for defense contractor Raytheon, a pick Obama made in contradiction to his much-heralded anti-lobbying rules.

Yep, he believes his own hype, it's going to be a long 4 years. The One will rule his subjects with an iron fist which will be up the patootie of the media, which will white wash everything for his majesty. One large incestious clusterf**k paid for by the U.S. taxpayer and bought by George Soros. I'm sure Ol George was invested to properly benefit from our misery.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you are joking about that Rush Limbaugh comment, Marshal! I had heard about the other gaffes / goofs /screwups, but this is too much! It seems our Obamessiah is a delicate lightworker who needs his space, a latte and adoring throngs (at a distance, mind you). An adult child, a loose cannon, in the Oval Office. God only knows the gaffes to come with world leaders. The media could cover for his for the runup to the election, but they can't redefine the world stage. Our enemies are watching very closely. 'Home Depot Joe' Biden was right about one thing during the election, he will surely be tested and found wanting by all but his Kool-Aid drinking fans.

I am totally disapointed with the glorious Next Tuesday that was last Tuesday.

Marshal Pupovich,

It seems our Affirmative-Action-President-In-Training Obama has switched drugs. He was previously only occasionally high on crack ("Inhaling, well that was the point") but he is now on his way to being completely drunk with power. We are very likely to get the oppurtunity to witness the ole adage: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Also the gauntlet has clearly been thrown down at Conservative Talk Radio. The mechanism he will likely use will be to require equal time or for local ownership and control - or both, this essentially employs that putrid piece of legislation "The Fairness Doctrine." This will reign in a major part of the information network Conservatives use. The beauty of shutting down talk radio is most Conservatives listen to it on their way to work. This of course nearly guarantees that most of his soon to be on the dole constituents will have never heard it.

When do you think he will start recruiting for his paramilitary "civilian national internal security force?"

Proletarian Robot wrote:
When do you think he will start recruiting for his paramilitary "civilian national internal security force?"

I hope to land the contract to manufacture my special People's Rifle for this security force.

Actually, I see less a drug induced or tantrum on display by the Obamessiah as your basic Chicago thuggery. But to see on such display, so early in his reign, is rather shocking. But comrades, there is word out there that our once reliable ACLU will actually defend Rush and talk radio from the Fairness doctrine. It is of some interest listening to these big wig news "reporters" asking "What do we really know about Obama?" "We don't even know what sort of books he reads" etc. The fools! Of course it is well with the Party that they kept their interests contained to Palin's expense account for her dress.

Re: Video

Those silly humans people at CNN. Of course it's not a bird! It's just a plane landing at Reagan, reflecting off the Potomac and projecting on some water vapor in the sky. UFO? We all know such things don't exist.

Congratulations my fellow aliens comrades. We have our man in the White House.

Proletarian Robot
You've been failing us. No more dropping the ball. The Central Brain Party is not happy. Failure is not an option.

Comrade Grigori, are you saying it is the reflection off water vapor in the sky, that makes is appear as if it is in front of the monument? Actually, it looks like a bird to me.

Marshal Pupovich wrote:But comrades, there is word out there that our once reliable ACLU will actually defend Rush and talk radio from the Fairness doctrine.

{microphone off}
This I gotta see. There was a time when the ACLU actually did stand up for civil liberties even when they abhorred the people whose liberties they were defending; i.e. their siding with the Nazi party against the town of Skokie Ill. in the 1970s. The Skokie thing cost them a lot of members and for at least the last 20 yrs they've basically been a lefty-moonbat advocacy group, defending America against the tyranny of Nativity Scenes on public grounds. During the Clinton Administration, there was a flap about the Clinton people acquiring FBI files on Republicans without any good reason. If a Repub president had done that, the ACLU would have been all over it like MSM journalists queueing up to kiss Obama's ass. But it was a Dem president that did it and the ACLU's voice was conspicuous in its silence. At that point, I figured they no longer had any interest in civil liberty principles and were just another liberal special interest group. Someone from the group confirmed this, telling a writer that their donors were interested in abortion rights, separation of church state, etc (the usual lefty agenda) so those areas would be where they concentrated their resources.

In the minds of partisan Democrats, Rush pretty much IS a Nazi so the ACLU might be risking another mass defection if they start taking stands on principle again. Not saying it can't happen but, WOW, it would be a drastic departure from recent history.

Marshal Pupovich wrote:Comrade Grigori, are you saying it is the reflection off water vapor in the sky, that makes is appear as if it is in front of the monument? Actually, it looks like a bird to me.

Another one of those passenger-jet seeking geese, Mk. II.

I found this at the ACLU on the subject...

Reason: What is the ACLU's position on the idea of extending the Fairness Doctrine to all media, including print? Should people be ensured of venues in which to express their views?

Strossen: We have historically supported the Fairness Doctrine, although I've dissented from that position, as have other prominent people within the ACLU. Our basis for supporting it was so narrow and so historically contingent that I really have my doubts as to whether even the Fairness Doctrine itself would be reaffirmed if the ACLU National Board took another look at it. It was based on the notions of spectrum scarcity and of government having conveyed a public trust, if you will, to the broadcasters. Both facts have changed substantially. We have never taken that position with respect to any other media and certainly have never taken it with respect to print media.

{microphone off}
Sounds like she's not entirely sure the ACLU National Board would NOT reaffirm its support for FD, either. And then there's that dreaded word "if" as in "if the ACLU National Board took another look at it." I ask myself under what conditions they would choose to do so or to just not bother and stick with their current stance. I would say there is still reason to wonder which side they would come down on if the issue does arise in the next few years. Still, that's a damn sight better than I have come to expect from them. At least they are still willing to think about things instead of just chanting "Obama is the light" like almost everyone else these days. Thanks.

The ACLU can be quite maddening. Most of the time I find myself thoroughly disgusted with them. On the other hand, the ACLU can be surprisingly strong on issues that at first glance, you would think they would oppose based on their usual liberal stance.