What Federal Fury Hath Red Salmon Brought Upon the PLF?

Comrades and Fellow Proles,

Just two days after Comrade Red Salmon briefed us on the Progressive strides being made in the People's Last Frontier, news has gotten out regarding a raid on the rogue outpost of Chicken, Alaska.

Chicken_Alaska.jpg
"A task force including members of 10 state and federal law enforcement agencies descended on a gold mine in the tiny town of Chicken (pop. 17) last month, in what locals described as a raid".

The poultry-loving Tea Partiers of Chicken were being investigated for alleged repeated felony violations of the Clean Water Act.

One kulak described his experience with the completely necessary and not at all intimidating AK Environmental Crimes Task Force:

“Imagine coming up to your diggings, only to see agents swarming over it like ants, wearing full body armor, with jackets that say "POLICE" emblazoned on them, and all packing side arms,” gold miner C.R. Hammond told the Alaska Dispatch. “How would you have felt? You would be wondering, ‘My God, what have I done now?”.

A statement from the SS EPA regarding the not-raid reads:

"All interviews and discussions were consensual and cordial," the statement concluded. "The investigations took place on state and federal lands, not private property. No homes were entered. There weren't any confrontations or incidents of using force throughout this particular law enforcement operation. Violations were found, no arrests were made, but the investigation of these and possibly other violations continues."

However, some people like U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski were not pleased that EPA, ADEC, USFWS, ADFG, BLM, Coast Guard, FBI, Alaska State Troopers, NOAA, & US Park Service agents decided to go all Killing Pablo on the citizens of Chicken.

"The raid, according to one Senate staffer close to the matter, was conducted as such because of information received from the Alaska State Troopers about rampant “drug and human trafficking” in the area, the Alaska Dispatch reports" .

“Their explanation — that there are concerns with the area of rampant drug trafficking and human trafficking going on — sounds wholly concocted to me,” Murkowski told the newspaper. “This seems to have been a heavy-handed and heavy-armor approach. Why was it so confrontational? The EPA really didn't have any good answers for this.”

I am happy to report that citizen Murkowski is now Prisoner #65874 in a gulag that Sarah Palin may or may not be able to see from her home.

Read more: Gold miners in remote Alaska town want answers after task force storms in

Most equal comrade KrystynaKorrekted, if citizen Murkowski was present at a Gulag, it would be in administrative role. And her Daddy would have given her the job. The citizens of Alaska have been treated to heavy handed Federal raids for some time. I seem to remember an air cargo company in Anchorage who was allowed to host a soiree for the US Customs Service. After herding the employees to the parking lot for a face down reception, it was revealed that the Glorious Federal Storm Troopers were acting information that my boss had made up to get invited to cocktail parties. That last part is NOT fiction. Another official from my former agency deliberately misinterpreted facts to ruin another aviation related business. They went bankrupt, he was promoted.

As far as Comradette Palin goes, she needs her own thread.

Thank you for bringing our "consensual and cordial" dealings with our Federal Overlords to the forefront of the collective.

"The investigation was launched based on sites with a regulatory history of non-compliance with the Clean Water Act and ongoing [highlight=#ffff00]significant discharges[/highlight] which could be considered felony violations of the legislation.

"[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Speaking of which.....[/highlight]
[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight]

Image [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight]

KrystynaKorrekted wrote:“Imagine coming up to your diggings, only to see agents swarming over it like ants, wearing full body armor, with jackets that say "POLICE" emblazoned on them, and all packing side arms,” gold miner C.R. Hammond told the Alaska Dispatch. “How would you have felt? You would be wondering, ‘My God, what have I done now?”.
You may say to yourself - "This is not my beautiful mine!"
You may say to yourself - "This is not my beautiful water!"

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Comrade! Have you been sampling the beet juice again? Tsk, Tsk!

What a beautimous song Comrade R.O.CK.! I do believe Dear Leader is in need of a court minstrel. Unfortunately due to Obamacare regulations it will only be part time. However just being in the Chosen One's presence should keep you healthy and ailment-free!

Thank you, Comrade Korrekted, but - while I bask virtually in the glow of Comrade President on a minute by minute basis every day, from afar - my skillz are more of the stringed variety. 8.5s. Loud.

I do appreciate the thought, however, and will continue to hum this glorious tune of the People as the day wears on and the beets are harvested.