WOKE Insanity: Now we have racist fish!

A bronze statue of the Little Mermaid in Denmark was defaced with the words "racist fish" in a bizarre protest.

The 107-year-old monument honouring Hans Christian Andersen's famous fairy tale perches on a rock in the sea off a pier in Copenhagen.

Racist Fish.jpg

Police said it had not yet identified the perpetrators. The 107-year-old sculpture, which is visited by one million tourists each year, has been vandalised before, including by anti-whaling campaigners and pro-democracy activists, twice suffering decapitation.

“We consider it vandalism and have started an investigation,” a spokesman for the Copenhagen police said.

The 5ft statue is one of Copenhagen's most popular tourist spots.

The statue, designed by sculptor Edvard Eriksen and modelled on his wife, Eline, was created as a tribute to the classic fairytale by Hans Christian Andersen about a mermaid who falls in love with a prince.

“I am having a hard time seeing what is particularly racist in the fairy tale ‘The Little Mermaid,'” Ane Grum-Schwensen, a researcher at the H.C. Andersen Center at University of Southern Denmark, told local news wire Ritzau.

Racist fish! Genius!

Wait... What's a non-racist fish? Is there a color of the scales that is more equal than others?

I know! She dropped her tail in favor of legs and whatever else comes with them. That means she betrayed her race and became an Uncle Tom. Or Aunt Jemima. Acting all white. Race traitor!

This is very transphobic.
The Little Mermaid didn't identify as a mermaid. She identified as human. Other mer-people, including her abusive father, didn't accept her for who she was. They were humanaphobic. They wanted her to accept the identity she was assigned at birth, join the collective of mer people, be a singer, and marry a merman the way Poseidon intended. Still, instead, if the statuesque depiction was of a human girl who had recently molted her aquatic parts, the way Amy Schumer molts a leather cat suit, and became a proud non hetero-normative zer who felt guilty about the color of her skin, there would be no need to deface her bronze likeness.

Please help comrades. I have atoned for my white privilege by declaring everything is racist. Yet I can not assuage my white guilt by having nothing left to declare racist.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

I believe RED is the most equal color. My opinion until the Party ™ informs me that it isn't.

Smug in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Rikalonius wrote:This is very transphobic.
The Little Mermaid didn't identify as a mermaid. She identified as human.
There must be a government grant somewhere to fund academic research into the bullying patterns of cis-mermaids as it relates to the little trans-maid Ariel.

Some comrade please spray paint a totally new narrative. Our kulture is so stale...so repetitive...like everything Komrades complain needs to be reeducated about how The People's Public Schools teach by rote and memorization and constant testing to see if creative thought has improved.

Will some reeducated High School junior break the rote learned narrative with something really katchy kitchy like climbing up the kollective's water tower and spray painting 'Omar loves Susie' in John Deere green or sommit.

'pelipsky

I am offended by the term "mermaid," cis or otherwise. "Maid" itself is sexist, transphobic, classist, speciesist, and other isms and phobias that further investigation will no doubt discover. It implies a binary cis-female, and a virginal one at that, in an assumption that virgins are a privileged class (or perhaps an oppressed class, depending on the always-nuanced context). It further carries allusions to the maidservant, a worker subjugated to the oppressive moneyed class. And of course it privileges the merentity's human half, erasing xir piscine half.

There may be some microagression in the "mer" part of the word as well. (Oceanism? Desiccaphobia?) However, I do not have enough poster board on hand to make any more protest signs.

Is she wearing pasties? What is the world coming to?

And what time does she go on stage at the Kattekatklub?

Asking for a fellow comrade.

Fear not, Disney will soon re-release the politically korrekt version of the "Height-challenged Mer-entity" starring their new golden-person Colin Kapernick, who will follow up with revising the oppression and slavery inflicted upon Cinderella by her cruel Step-Karen, and the purging of Zip Adee Do Dah from all Disney music sources as it originated in "Song of the South" (previously sent down the memory hole with the rest of all things Uncle Remus).

It's the summer of psychosis. And this is another summer of psychosis miracle!