Writer's Strike at dKos

Apparently there is a writer's strike in progress over at the DailyKos. Did anyone notice?

Some Very Angry Blogger at the Kos wrote:This is a strike - a walkout over unfair writing conditions at DailyKos. It does not mean that if conditions get better I won't "work" at DailyKos again. As a regular contributor to the discourse in our community, I would certainly hope to take part in the conversation at DailyKos again some day if we ever get to the point where we're engaging each other in discussion rather than facing off in shouting matches. But not now. Writers need a safe place to reach out and exchange ideas, to communicate and challenge one another. DailyKos should be that place, but its tone, its essence has evolved into something ugly and destructive. Good writers can't survive in that kind of atmosphere. Democrats shouldn't have to put up with that from fellow Democrats.

According to another post, it's all because "most are actually rethug trolls" causing trouble.

Let me know if we need to do anything to show our solidarity.
-Mikhail

Mikhail!

I say we lift up the bust of Lenin to access the bat Cube poles down to the Bunker, and then . . . to the Cubemobile!

Everybody who disagrees with a Daily Kosinsky blogger is a rethug troll? What do you call that condition when a person screams and throws things at invisible demons that exist only in his head? It seems that a large part of what we thought was our army of "useful idiots" turned out to be "useful schizophrenics." And that is not so useful, for schizophrenics tend to listen to voices in their heads more than they listen to the voice of the Party, and sometimes the former replaces the latter. That is a classic definition of a loose cannon. After the Revolution we may have to build much larger Gulags than previously thought.

I was going to add that this communication should be kept secret, but then laughed at myself. The idiots are not going to believe it anyway.

Looks like the DKos has become the SA of the Obamunist Movemement. (Bold my emphasis)

That Poor Bastard at DKos wrote:No, I won't post specific attacks here. That would just be repeating the lies and the hate, but I will note that one of my fellow Kossaks (someone with whom I thought I could agree to disagree) went so far as to suggest that others try to dig up real life information on the pro-Hillary members of our community. To what end? Was his aim to find enough information on us to try to get us fired from our jobs and leave our families homeless – or worse? Suggesting that they dig up real life information on us is the lowest form of intimidation and goes way beyond the limits of all things civil and reasonable. It's nothing more than the worst form of thuggish, hateful and intimidating behavior toward other members of our community.

Oh, a late-term abortion. How progressive, Laika.

Chicom Progressive I've been told.

Actually it's Liberal Fascism Lunchtime.

Dinner will be served in Denver.

Those evil burgoies Blog owners, can you believe the gall. They actually require literate writers. Where is the diversity in that?

schizophrenics tend to listen to voices in their heads

And you should all be glad of it. My voices keep saying, "Oh no. Not yet. Wait for them to REALLY piss you off. It's coming. Just wait. Not yet. Not Yet." When the voices STOP talking to me, then worry.

Speaking of ChiCom Progressive: the ambassador from THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA is coming to my school. Perhaps I should present him with a People's Cube?

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:Speaking of ChiCom Progressive: the ambassador from THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA is coming to my school. Perhaps I should present him with a People's Cube?

You take pitcha, take pitcha!

*SNERK* I say.... *SNERK*!

Imagine that. A blog community that has spent years fostering the boundless hate, misery and paranoia of its members turns on itself. DKos has always been "ugly and destructive" but until now, they've largely been united by their hatred of Bush and anything or anyone connected to the Western right. Goldstein and Snowball the pig have always been said to be lurking in the shadows. Rethug trolls, following scripts written by Rove himself, have been accused of undermining DKos, DU and other prominent Prog websites. My question has always been how is it that these trolls are so clever as to convince "True Progressives" that they are fellow travelers and yet still manage to pollute the community with contrary ideas? Wouldn't you be strong enough in your convictions to know you own?

I love the "good writers can't survive in that kind of atmosphere" comment. Well Chippy, now you know how "good writers" and others who rise to advance Conservative/Libertarian causes feel. This is what you get when you cross swords with self-righteous leftist Progs. Welcome to the suck!

Good. My secret plan to divide and conquer the beleaguered working classes is working perfectly. Today DKos. Tomorrow, the world!

How rich is it that a member of the party that is incessantly miserable and unhappy (Democrats) is now leaving the Kos because..... people are always miserable and unhappy. I marvel that anyone over the age of 13 takes the Democrat Party seriously.

Reminds me of the hate and paranoia among the Russian communists after the 1917 revolution when things started to fall apart and the Party split into fractions, each accusing the others of being saboteurs, spies, and paid agents of international capitalism. "Karl Rove's trolls" would be appropriate term too, if that term existed then. In his writings of the time, Lenin reserved the worst insults and demeaning epithets, not to the bourgeoisie, but to his former Party comrades whom he accused of every possible crime imaginable.

The anti-communists may have enjoyed the infighting for a while, but after a few years of backstabbing and slander, a winning faction emerged - and it was that of Stalin. It beat all the others, not because it was the most paranoid and hateful, but because Stalin had become the master of intrigue, bureaucratic manipulation, and the rumor mill. If Trotsky's faction had won, the country would hardly be in a better shape. The Trotskyites seemed to be more honest and idealistic - but an honest and idealistic mass murderer is hardly a better choice than the crooked and cynical mass murderer.

These are also the choices that are tearing apart the Kos kids and the Dem party, minus the mass murder. But it wouldn't be surprising if some of these people believed that "cleansing the planet" of a few million of recalcitrant American kulaks could be a justifiable act advancing the Greater Good(TM).

Red Square wrote:Everybody who disagrees with a Daily Kosinsky blogger is a rethug troll? What do you call that condition when a person screams and throws things at invisible demons that exist only in his head?

In Freudian terms, it is called projection, you project your thoughts or feelings on to someone else. It is a common illness in the liberal circles.

Red Square wrote:The anti-communists may have enjoyed the infighting for a while, but after a few years of backstabbing and slander, a winning faction emerged - and it was that of Stalin. It beat all the others, not because it was the most paranoid and hateful, but because Stalin had become the master of intrigue, bureaucratic manipulation, and the rumor mill.

Thank you Comrade Red Square! You flatter me. I like people to flatter me. But don't forget my wise and courageous stand against the Fascists, I would have achieved complete victory over the capitalists were it not for the weak kneed people left in charge when I went into "retirement."

The darnedest things I learn on the Internet! I now have something on which to hold forth at the dinner table tonight. Did you know there are five--yes, FIVE different types of trolls?

Which one are you? Do you know your trolls?

For some reason I'm picturing not only those military charts that show the different silhouettes/shapes of enemy aircraft, but a gypsy fortuneteller with tarot cards:

Gypsy (spreading cards face down across table): "Pick one card, my pretty, and turn it over."

(Pinkie selects a card from the middle and turns it over.)

Gypsy: "Ahh! You picked THE ASSHOLE!"

Pinkie: "Is that bad?"

And don't ever say you want to leave, or at the very least, everyone will make fun of you!

Deleting Accounts

Accounts are forever, or at least as long as DailyKos remains in existence. Don't ask to have your account deleted. Especially, don't publicly demand that your account be deleted, as this is virtually certain to lead to large amounts of mockery.

Remember, compassion! They do it because THEY CARE!

I was mostly interested in the fourth kind, for it describes us - Strong Communists!

DKos wrote:"Purity Trolls". These are trolls from the left. Otherwise known in reallife as drama queens. No matter how pure your position is, their position is more pure. No matter how compassionate or informed or skeptical or vigorous your opinion is, theirs is more of it. These trolls are insistent that they are the true spirit of liberalism, and spend their time being quite put out that the rest of us don't turn over our resources, our audiences, and our respect to them, regardless of how thin their positions may be on the merits.

All I would like to add is that he looks like this:

There is no one purer in ideology than me! I AM THE PUREST AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

At least DailyKOS is open in their intent -
"It is engaging in behavior which is directly contrary to the stated goals of the site -- furthering the progressive Democratic agenda."

Which is why I am so blessed to be a cog in TPC, We do not have an agenda such as these others. No, we are committed to the Current Truth, and nothing but the Current Truth, whatever we say that may be.

Quoth the KosTard:
90% of all trolls are banned because of their behaviors towards other users, not because of their opinions.

This is true progressive objectivity, comrades! Only 10% of their banned commentors are censored because they disagree! (And the rumors of cannibalism at the Daily Kos are almost entirely unfounded.)

Red Square wrote: All I would like to add is that he looks like this:

Wouldn't just one raised eyebrow, ala Belushi, be better? Perhaps the money paging as well?

Pinkie....your Golden Shovel will come in handy!

"If you find everything you say being troll rated in a certain thread -- and it's more than one person doing it -- stop commenting. You're only digging your hole deeper, people aren't suddenly going to start treating you better the more inflammatory you get. Take it as a very direct sign that you need to step back and reevaluate how you're talking to people."

Laika the Space Dog wrote:"Take it as a very direct sign that you need to step back and reevaluate how you're talking to people."
How accurate. If you're getting yelled at by multiple people, you need to reeducate yourself on the correct talking points so that you're in direct lockstep with the collective.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:The darnedest things I learn on the Internet! I now have something on which to hold forth at the dinner table tonight. Did you know there are five--yes, FIVE different types of trolls?
<br>And then there are the flame warriors, Flame Warriors.

Red Square wrote:Everybody who disagrees with a Daily Kosinsky blogger is a rethug troll? What do you call that condition when a person screams and throws things at invisible demons that exist only in his head? It seems that a large part of what we thought was our army of "useful idiots" turned out to be "useful schizophrenics." And that is not so useful, for schizophrenics tend to listen to voices in their heads more than they listen to the voice of the Party, and sometimes the former replaces the latter. That is a classic definition of a loose cannon. After the Revolution we may have to build much larger Gulags than previously thought.

I was going to add that this communication should be kept secret, but then laughed at myself. The idiots are not going to believe it anyway.

Hmm, and I thought that voice in my head WAS the voice ot The Party..... or maybe just the tequila... Damn is there someone else in here...... here.... here........

Red Square wrote:These are also the choices that are tearing apart the Kos kids and the Dem party, minus the mass murder. But it wouldn't be surprising if some of these people believed that "cleansing the planet" of a few million of recalcitrant American kulaks could be a justifiable act advancing the Greater Good(TM).

Give them time, Comrade. Give them time. It is rare that we post with our characters turned off, but this is one of those times when I feel compelled to speak without the satirical facade. I've often been baffled by the hard-core moonbats at places like Daily Kos or Democrat Underground. I guess Cindy Sheehan expressed her solidarity with Rev. J-Wright. Big surprise, huh? The lunatic leftists actually delude themselves into thinking they are the last line of defense against the coming tyranny, while they ride in the lead engine, yanking on the air horn's cord. Smash this, smash that, and pretty soon you are standing in rubble. But, they are to self absorbed to blame themselves. Comrade Red is so on point as usual. The infighting continues until everything is torn apart and it leaves the door open for someone to take oppressive control. Aren't Dostoevsky's words haunting "In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet, and say to us, make us your slaves, but feed us."

I fear the day is coming when face the same horrible fate as the Bolsheviks. Blinded by class hatred, and whipped into a frenzy by a continuous stream of rhetoric by academics, politicians, and media elites, they'll try and extract their perverted view of justice, only to find when the dust has settled, the grass definitely isn't greener once you've torched the lawn. Once more in a satirical light, I take a quote from Dr. Quinn, of Sealab 2021, in the episode Red Dawn.

"Hasn't history shown the Marx's vision of an egalitarian utopia is unattainable? Inevitably producing an oligarchy more oppressive to the proletariat than the bourgeoisies it vilified."

RIK

Red Square wrote:I was mostly interested in the fourth kind, for it describes us - Strong Communists!

DKos wrote:"Purity Trolls". These are trolls from the left. Otherwise known in reallife as drama queens. No matter how pure your position is, their position is more pure. No matter how compassionate or informed or skeptical or vigorous your opinion is, theirs is more of it. These trolls are insistent that they are the true spirit of liberalism, and spend their time being quite put out that the rest of us don't turn over our resources, our audiences, and our respect to them, regardless of how thin their positions may be on the merits.

LOL! The "More Prolier than Thou" Troll!