WV Governor Jim Justice tells it like it is...

Coronavirus updates from government officials tend to be dry in the extreme.

However, West Virginia's Gov. Jim Justice was being credited for spicing things up Monday when he supposedly dropped an F-bomb into the mix.

“I encourage all businesses that are allowed to open to do so only if they "fucking follow the guidelines" to keep West Virginians safe,” Justice can be heard saying during a recorded press conference.

Did you notice the "signer" giving us the finger?

C Craptek

In translating verbal expressions into text and/or sign language, sometimes the translator forgets to insert the appropriate punctuation, which is what obviously happened here.

Having listened carefully to Governor Jim Justice (and paying attention to each pause), I hereby provide a correctly punctuated version of what he said, but in doing so, I suitably did what my English teacher taught me many decades ago -- i.e., I substituted a euphemism for a particular word. Also, correct punctuation also enables one to better understand words that may have been implied without being spoken. For example, when one person says to another person, "Close the door," it's an implied command meaning, "I command you to close the door."

So here's what Gov. Justice really meant:

"I encourage all businesses that are allowed to open to do so only if they, while sex-working for customers, follow the guidelines to keep West Virginians safe.”

This means he's ordering that whenever the sex-worker (or the customer) is male, the male must wear "PPE" (i.e., a condom) for the benefit of the other person.

Furthermore, inclusion of the word "only" also means that no particular "guidelines" apply to businesses not providing sex-working services to customers.

Therefore, his order does not require other businesses "allowed to open" to comply with any of the current anti-CoVid-19 guidelines.

Thus, his order essentially allows West Virginia businesses to return to "normal" (rather than a "new" normal).

So, why did he leave so much implied? Probably to avoid criticism by progressives whose advocacy for legalizing prostitution would cause them to entire miss the point of his intention to allow all non-sex-working businesses to return to "normal" rather than a "new" normal.

--KOOK

Thanks,.. but,.. Ahaaa,.. now I forgot my question?

Oh, well~

KOOK wrote:In translating verbal expressions into text and/or sign language, sometimes the translator forgets to insert the appropriate punctuation, which is what obviously happened here.

Having listened carefully to Governor Jim Justice (and paying attention to each pause), I hereby provide a correctly punctuated version of what he said, but in doing so, I suitably did what my English teacher taught me many decades ago -- i.e., I substituted a euphemism for a particular word. Also, correct punctuation also enables one to better understand words that may have been implied without being spoken. For example, when one person says to another person, "Close the door," it's an implied command meaning, "I command you to close the door."

So here's what Gov. Justice really meant:

"I encourage all businesses that are allowed to open to do so only if they, while sex-working for customers, follow the guidelines to keep West Virginians safe.”

This means he's ordering that whenever the sex-worker (or the customer) is male, the male must wear "PPE" (i.e., a condom) for the benefit of the other person.

Furthermore, inclusion of the word "only" also means that no particular "guidelines" apply to businesses not providing sex-working services to customers.

Therefore, his order does not require other businesses "allowed to open" to comply with any of the current anti-CoVid-19 guidelines.

Thus, his order essentially allows West Virginia businesses to return to "normal" (rather than a "new" normal).

[highlight=#ffff99]So, why did he leave so much implied? Probably to avoid criticism by progressives whose advocacy for legalizing prostitution would cause them to entire miss the point of his intention to allow all non-sex-working businesses to return to "normal" rather than a "new" normal.[/highlight]

--KOOK
PC KOOK (Palindromic Comrade),

The mythical horned rodent didn't miss your point pointing to the point of the great Statesman orator, Governor Jim Justice, when he laid down the law to his peeps sayin', "This here re-turn to "Normal" doesn't mean f'ing settin' any kind of "New" f'ing Normal in the Great State of West Virginia."

Good to know we're aimed at f'ing normal, somewhere.

Can we get a whole stack of those reflective Highway Signs added to the next Investment in Infrastructure Budget and get 'em posted before the election? Sounds like some good shovel ready jobs back to Normal, wouldn't you say PC KOOK?

Jackalopelipsky
Russian Agent
#BR 549

Captain Craptek wrote:Did you notice the "signer" giving us the finger?

C Craptek

He was just demonstrating the 100% Safe Social Distancing Greeting.

95434536_10156843985862397_4590156764711747584_o.jpg

What would Governor Jim Justice say? Is this back to f'ing Normal or setting course for a 'new' f'ing Normal?

It's very clear there's some government sanctioned sex-workin' going on in Normal, Illinois.

[center]Outrageous! Normal, Illinois Mayor Chris Koos Mocks Lock-Down Protesters and Laid Off Workers WHILE HE KEEPS HIS BIKE SHOP OPEN[/center]