YARD SIGNS

Recently "a friend" sent me a photo of a sign that her neighbors planted on their front lawn.

[attachment=1]We Believe.jpg[/attachment]]

She was so impressed that she decided to plant the same sign on her own front lawn, but she made a few changes to reflect her own views.

[attachment=0]We Know.jpg[/attachment]

Personally, I'm not as nuanced as she is. The only sign on my front lawn is this:

Anyone else care to share their favorite signs?

One of my longtime favorites are the No Trespassing signs in Singapore featuring a drawing of a trespasser in the act of trying to run away as a guard shoots him in the back with a shotgun.

Not sure if it's a shotgun but there's blood. It's pretty persuasive.

boom.jpg

Here's your sign song.................................

Most Equally Esteemed Komrad Colonel Obyezyana,

I have two favorite signs:

This was posted in the People's Dog Park in Anchorage, AK.

Dog Park Warning.JPG

This one I found one day at the Komrad Senator Ted Stevens Airport. I can't figure out why the figure has stigmata. I feel that it is significant.

Mens Room Sign.JPG

Obeying All Signs in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

I must confess and denounce myself. I have received only one ticket in my life. It was not for speeding or any other moving infraction. I was ticketed for altering a license plate. Sadly I do not have a picture of my efforts. I was young.

My first car was registered in Missouri. Most states put their official motto on the vehicle plates. Missouri was no exception and had "The Show Me State" proudly emblazoned in white reflective letters at the top of the brick red plate. I found some model paint that matched the plate color and obliterated the first "Sh" in the motto. Then I carefully painted a "Bl" in white and sprinkled glitter in its place. I did NOT alter the license plate number.

I drove around with that for a few months. One day I was pulled over. The Police Officer could barely contain his composure. He gave me a good talking too and a ticket. We had a good laugh together. He then told me to change the plates back. I paid the ticket and ended up getting replacement plates.

Off to the rail yard. Warm Coat, Check. Shovel, Check.

A wrench in the works of the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote: I found some model paint that matched the plate color and obliterated the first "Sh" in the motto. Then I carefully painted a "Bl" in white and sprinkled glitter in its place. I did NOT alter the license plate number.

licenseplateRdSalm.jpg

I heard comrade Orwell had lots of good figures of speech for your (cit.) "friend's" neighbor. He kept them in his animal farm, Georwell Road 1984. Many of them he kept on a yard sign captioned Principles of Newspeak.

P.S. Amis' yard sign use is a - one of so many - pieces of the puzzle titled Freedom of Expression. And as such, a pretty unique - intrinsically American - way of communication.

Komrade Colonel, your friend's sign is spot-on for our - West's - time. As an answer to her lalaland neighbor, it's brilliant! (by rational content, by mirroring form, by impish idea :-)

Donnerwetter, how I miss yard signs - here, transatlantically.....
(and the lived spirit of 1st Amendment...)
(and the "thing" to be reveled in tomorrow) _ (... the thing.. you know the thing ...)
(and Amis' - alive and well - individualism)
(and.......... and............... and..................)

Most Outrageously Equal Colonel Obyezyana,

This is the most wonderful thing I've seen in a long time. I am inspired to modify my license plate. I moved back to The Missouri People's Republic a few years ago. The current plate celebrates the bicentennial of Missouri Statehood. I will post pictures of my efforts should I decide to allow my rebel tendencies rule the day. Even though Komrad Stalin wisely informed us that gratitude is a disease of dogs, thanks Colonel Obyezyana. That is awesome.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
Red Salmon wrote: I found some model paint that matched the plate color and obliterated the first "Sh" in the motto. Then I carefully painted a "Bl" in white and sprinkled glitter in its place. I did NOT alter the license plate number.

licenseplateRdSalm.jpg

Feeling the love in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:Thanks Colonel Obyezyana. That is awesome.

You are most equally welcome. The new plate doesn't have the old motto but I can make some alterations in a new variation.