California Leavin'

All the trees are gone (All the Greens are clowns)
And the stumps are grey (And the sky is haze)
My AC is off (All my power's off)
On a scorching day (On a searing day)
I'd be sweating much less (I'd be calm and cool)
If I was in Bombay (If I was in Green Bay)

California leavin' .. on such a sweltry day

Stopped from doing church
By a cop in LA
Well, I got down on my knees (Asked him pretty please)
Not allowed to pray (If he would let me pray)
You knows the kneelers are too full (Preacher is a tool)
Almost 20 today (So was turned away)

California leavin ... from such despotic ways

All the schools shut down (Garcetti is a clown)
And my kids cant play (But the mob's OK)
Cant go to my job (Cant get thru the mob)
So my rent's unpaid (There'll be hell to pay)
If I were a free man (If I didn't live here)
I could leave LA (I could chill in Bombay)

California leavin' ... on such a sweltry day
California leaving .. from such despotic days
California leavin' ... from such Proggressive days

Complete perfection in the Gulag sort of way.

PROGG OFF: How it all came together

I saw a title "Califascist Rising", which immediately triggered some lines about the fires, and the second stanza in the original was about Church, so that was easy. Before I knew it was done

My older sister loved Mamas and Papas, and I loved to make her laugh as a kid .. so I just visualized Big Sis cracking up at what I was doing.here

Wow Lenniesky, your hooliganism uplifts the soul of a mythical horned rodent suffering the ravages of a body's good intentions. It's like living with the Nanny State within... dreaming of California leaving before hooliganism even came into a lyrical reality. The sheer bliss of hearing this is soothing to the mythical soul.

most appreciated in equality. most appreciated.
j

Im very happy to hear that Im helping you cope

This is a case where I kept tweaking and tweaking the song, till I got it just right.

The shovel of equality suffers not infirm excuses for untwerked into kkkorrect equalness.

The quota of Equality must be twerked and delivered, even if a Comrade is one-eyed, hare-lipped....and soggy.

Leaving With Their Jets Planes has been twerked in dream to reach the equality set forth.

Can the horned rodent hooligan get loved up, now?

Suffering in personal Nanny-State internal 'help'.

'pelipsky

Your Big Sis had good taste, Comrade Callmelennie. How could anyone not love their classic songs? Every time I hear Monday Monday, it takes me back to a very rainy, dreary and dark Monday morning in the 7th grade, hearing that song being played on the radio while I sat slumped in the backseat of my best friend's family car. I can still hardly see through that sheet of torrent rain hitting the windshield, hoping my friend's mom didn't drive us off the road. :)

I'm almost certain Comrade Newsome will reprise the Berlin Wall to prevent his faithful citizens and dollars from leaving his worker's paradise

Does the Comrade Director's most equal link to "There's No U-Hauls Left in California" also contain Joel Alson's unloved hate letter to the very same state entitled "California There I Go?"

It does!!