A state worker union wherever you go

And I walk and they squawk
I twist and they're pissed
I shimmy and they shiv me
I fly and say, "Bye"
They're out there without fun with the Blue California runs

They're out there without fun with the Blue California runs

Source lyrics.

I think it would be most progressive for Gollyvornia to set up a barbed-wire fence to keep Gollyvornians from leaving the Golden State. Why should Gollyvornia businesses be able to escape their taxes and regulations by moving to Nevada? Or, and I shudder as I say this, to Texas?

No, comrades. All progressives know that pain is inevitable. And cannot be avoided. Let people suffer and if they want to flee, turn them back at the border.

It worked so well for Joseph, Nikita, and Leonid, and Yuri.

Recently I read that progressives in Vermont have become so disenchanted with The One that some have begun agitating for independence. That would be good for California, lest the rest of the Union taint their Glorious Proletarian Devolution.

I have been agitating for Texas independence since the Carter years, with time off for Reagan and Bush. The biggest mistake that Texas ever made was in 1845 in joining the US. We'd be the US's best ally, but frankly we run things a good deal better here, even in the People's Republic of Austin, than they do in Washington.

Do tell! Along comes this wholly expected--indeed, I wondered what was taking it so long--bit of cheer in Forbes with the byline "Threat to downgrade its sovereign debt is a wake-up call for Prime Minister Hatoyama."

Reality can really be a drag, but one's a fool to shun it forever.