Holy Kroner, The Swedes Have Gone Cashless

Image Source

Eventually we will simply distribute your fair share into your digital account. And we will subtract your fair contribution out of your digital account.

It is for your safety:
The Swedish Bankers' Association says the shrinkage of the cash economy is already making an impact in crime statistics.

The number of bank robberies in Sweden plunged from 110 in 2008 to 16 in 2011 — the lowest level since it started keeping records 30 years ago. It says robberies of security transports are also down.

"Less cash in circulation makes things safer, both for the staff that handle cash, but also of course for the public," says Par Karlsson, a security expert at the organization.

We need you traceable and need to be reimbursed:
But there are pockets of resistance. Hanna Celik, whose family owns a newspaper kiosk in a Stockholm shopping mall, says the digital economy is all about banks seeking bigger earnings.

Celik says he gets charged about 5 Swedish kronor ($0.80) for every credit card transaction, and a law passed by the Swedish Parliament prevents him from passing on that charge to consumers.

"That stinks," he says. "For them (the banks), this is a very good way to earn a lot of money, that's what it's all about. They make huge profits."

Comrade People's Comrade,
The Swedes are just now catching up. I've been cashless for about the last 3 years. I will sacrifice for the Party, but I think Dear Leader wants us march toward "The World of Next Tuesday" broke, sick and speaking Chinese.

ThePeoplesComrade wrote: Celik says he gets charged about 5 Swedish kronor ($0.80) for every credit card transaction, and a law passed by the Swedish Parliament prevents him from passing on that charge to consumers.
Surely it's worth it to have The Government taking care of all of one's financial transactions! After all, we know we can trust The Government. Right?

omen.JPG