Peace Corps Glass Test

Spotted on TPC's Twitter feed:

[attachment=1]glasses.jpg[/attachment]
Looks like a tired old parody of the purported Peace Corps "glass test," the existence of which may or may not be true, which poses the question, "Is the glass half empty or half full?"

Here's an updated version:

GTTB.jpg

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Image
For those who don't know, the root word of Stakhanovets is stakan: GLASS.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
A realist sees a freight train.
The train driver inside the tunnel sees three idiots standing on the tracks.

In the eighties there was this Soviet joke.

An optimist is learning English.
A pessimist is learning Chinese.
A realist is learning the AK-47 rifle.

An optimist is a man falling from the top of a 20-story building who says, "So far, so good" as he passes the tenth floor.

Most Esteemed Komrad Square,

Red Square wrote:In the eighties there was this Soviet joke.

An optimist is learning English.
A pessimist is learning Chinese.
A realist is learning the AK-47 rifle.

I believe the Current Truth ™ dictates that this joke be updated for the conditions today.

An optimist invests in Gold and Silver.
A pessimist invests in dehydrated food.
A realist invests in brass, lead, and a little bit of copper.

Red Salmon

[quote="Red Salmon"]An optimist invests in Gold and Silver.
A pessimist invests in dehydrated food.
A realist invests in brass, lead, and a little bit of copper.

Red Salmon[/quote]

0-4763_america-greatag-trump-donald-trump-cocktail-i-kids.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:Here's an updated version:

[img]https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/51641-GTTB.jpg[/img]

Methinks me sees a t-shirt just begging to be ruthlessly exploited by kkkapitalist pigs!

Maybe with an obligatory "TPC" logo and graced with a tiny replica of komrade Kolonel Obyezyana's austere yet venerable vissage? Something for the Che-mart line.

Grendelssohnovovich wrote:Methinks me sees a t-shirt just begging to be ruthlessly exploited by kkkapitalist pigs! Maybe with an obligatory "TPC" logo and graced with a tiny replica of komrade Kolonel Obyezyana's austere yet venerable vissage? Something for the Che-mart line.

Show me the money.

“There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full.' And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty.'

"The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! '

"And at the other end of the bar the world is full of the other type of person, who has a broken glass, or a glass that has been carelessly knocked over (usually by one of the people calling for a larger glass) or who had no glass at all, because he was at the back of the crowd and had failed to catch the barman's eye. ”

-- Terry Pratchett