Ukrainian girl sings 'Let it Go' in a Kyiv bomb shelter

A little Ukrainian girl, Amelia Anisovich, hiding from the Russian bombs in a Kyiv bomb shelter, stood up and sang a song that eerily matches the mood and the reality of the cold world outside. The song, Let it Go, is from the Disney film Frozen, and this is a translated Russian version.

Let not the Russian language confuse you. These are all Russian-speaking Ukrainians who don't want to live in Putin's Russia. Putin had expected them to be his fifth column and greet his invaders with flowers. Instead they are fighting him tooth and nail, and now he is killing and destroying the homes of the same people he claims he had come to “liberate.”

The fragment of the song she sings sounds chillingly powerful under the circumstances. “Let it go” in translation may as well mean addressing Russia to “let my people go,” and in this moment this little girl personifies the entire Ukraine.

Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
When I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

Here is the original Disney clip, but I like Amelia's version better.

Red Square wrote:These are all Russian-speaking Ukrainians who don't want to live in Putin's Russia. Putin had expected them to be his fifth column and greet his invaders with flowers.

It never ceases to amaze me how collectivists simply have no capacity to see humanity outside the box of collectivist norms. No capacity to the human beings.

Comrades, where is 
that wonderful
internationally
active non-governmental organization 
that is actively hiding
somewhere, called
CODE PINK™?

‘pelipsky teared up, when Bomb Shelter Collective’s singer upon completion of mission, brought her small hands to lips. Like Niagara Falls, comrades. The audacity of courage overwhelms.

CNN follows the People's Cube!

Sweet video shows little girl sing 'Let It Go' at Ukraine shelter
Anderson Cooper 360

In a video posted on social media, a little girl at a shelter in Kyiv is seen singing "Let It Go" from the hit Disney film "Frozen." CNN's Anderson Cooper has more.

Red Square wrote:
3/7/2022, 2:26 pm
CNN follows the People's Cube!
I thought we established that in the Clinton (him, not her) administration...

If they had to generate real news stories, they'd shrivel up and blow away.

It's hard for me to comment on this because my anger and sadness at what is happening in Ukraine is inexpressible. It's not just because of what Putin is doing, it's also because of what others are not doing. Biden is trying to block aid to the Ukrainians. He's telling Poland that they won't have NATO protection if they provide aircraft to Ukraine. The insanity of that is beyond words. I don't even know what to say.

trashmouth wrote:
3/7/2022, 2:11 am
Comrades, where is 
that wonderful
internationally
active non-governmental organization 
that is actively hiding
somewhere, called
CODE PINK™?
For them to protest would require some basic knowledge of geopolitics, history, and ethics that exceeds that of Kamala Harris.  They're incapable of being incoherent on their own initiative.