The People's News #179, August 29

Does anyone still read the NYT? We're in a recession, people - every dollar counts. We need to spread the word that there are less expensive ways to line birdcages and wrap fish.

Panem Et Circenses wrote:
8/29/2022, 10:09 am
Does anyone still read the NYT? We're in a recession, people - every dollar counts. We need to spread the word that there are less expensive ways to line birdcages and wrap fish.
I go on line to see this crap for myself before I comment on it, and it's a little hard to wrap fish or line a bird cage with pixels (and don't think I haven't tried).

On This Day in History - 1842
Publication of the first edition of "The Citizenry's Hexahedron"

Cover and first page plate of the 1842 edition of The Citizenry's Hexahedron.
Cover and first page plate of the 1842 edition of The Citizenry's Hexahedron.
    Written by British heir Tedworth Fenster, an avid collector of pump handles, this book was derived from dialogues between himself and his household companion, a piker named Manfroth Pottimouth. It was not received well by critics at the time, who variously called it "rubbish," "tripe," "a flight of pernicious folly," "a bloody great pile of sod," and "certain to rise in popularity among those in need of kindling."
    However, one copy was shoplifted by a young Karl Marx, who liberally plagiarized whole passages for a book he would publish a few years later.
    The only existing copy of the book was sold at auction to an anonymous buyer from Florida and rests under a glass dome in his private library.  

8/29/2022, 4:13 pm
Any relation to the Frinkahedron from the Simpsons?
Negative, Comrade: the Frinkahedron came much later, well after the dumbing down of America was complete and  Mexico annexed California, Arizona, Colorado and Canada.

8/29/2022, 10:09 am

Comrade

As you must already know, only "journalists" read the New York Times. It's where their "truths" are affirmed. I imagine that every morning, as soon as they arise from their slumber, that they breathlessly open to the editorial page to see if their thinking is still correct.

I remain
Dr. Chicago

NYT

“This board is aware that in deciding how Mr. Trump should be held accountable under the law it is necessary to consider not just whether criminal prosecution would be warranted but whether it would be wise.”

Orange Man Bad is so bad, that a trial where evidence is gathered and presented to the court during the trial process is dangerous to NYT board and their government contacts. !!!

Best to keep citizenry bamboozled with health/ science stories about gay men, some with dogs, achieving feats of multiple sexual disease contractions in one sex-crazed weekend. Promoting such achievements, invites others to join in the competition of most sexually transmitted diseases contracted by an individual, with, or without animal contagion companion.

That’s what’s important. You don’t need to spend one second considering Trump’s evidence showing government individuals to be the perpetrators of criminal behavior. Think about searching for gay sex confabs so you can spread health science results by joining the sexually transmitted disease competition.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
8/30/2022, 8:24 am
Best to keep citizenry bamboozled with health/ science stories about gay men, some with dogs, achieving feats of multiple sexual disease contractions in one sex-crazed weekend.
lostdog.jpg