SPORTS: New York and Chicago Battle for First in Violent Crime League

Competition in the National Violent Crime League (NVCL) has been heating up as league leaders Chicago and New York battle for the top prize of Most Dangerous City.

Analyst Jon McTavish follows the league for ESPN and provided interesting insights about the recent back and forth in the standings between these two amazing teams.  "Detroit has the longest run on record as Most Dangerous City - a real dynasty in the 70s and 80s.  Things settled down for a while after that with a few different cities winning the title but no one dominant team.  Chicago broke that by three-peating the title and seemed poised for a fourth this year when New York started coming on strong, showing real competitive drive."

Chicago's head coach Lori Lightfoot has been given most of the credit for their surge in the league.  Statistics show Chicago rocketing forward in the standings since she took the helm in 2019.  Coach Lightfoot quickly turned a reliably competitive team into an unstoppable juggernaut.  As McTavish puts it, "She must have a great analytics team.  Everything they do seems to encourage violent crime and push them to the top of this league.  That doesn't happen by accident."

The Windy City's success has been attributed to a focus on fundamentals but really shines when it comes to gun crimes.  The team has done a great job regulating firearms which ensures plenty of 'soft targets' for the explosive Chicago offense.  In the first part of the 2022 crime season, Chicago  is averaging about 1.6 murders on 6.47 murder attempts per day in the gun violence category alone.  A grinding, consistent performance that no other city can compete with day in and day out.

700 miles to the east, New York decided they needed a coaching change following decades of slumping numbers and falling standings in the league.   After a controversial management shakeup, new benchboss Eric Adams took over in November 2021.  He immediately started implementing innovative team policies like 'no bail' reforms which enabled many of their most talented players to start posting career best seasons.

The Big Apple has innovated in other areas as well, like implementing crime waves never seen before and shaking up a league that has traditionally kept to a few styles of play.  One example is 'sucker punching' and other random crimes of violence that have kept the New York fanbase at the edge of their seats all season long.  As one diehard fan noted recently while being loaded into an ambulance, "you never know what will happen next around here."

McTavish is glad of the rivalry, saying "Violent Crime isn't one of your more popular sports, but it tends to have a very personal impact on everyone that comes in contact with it.  Both of these coaches will definitely be in the Hall of Fame, and I don't think it's too early to say one them will probably end up being the GOAT.  Time will tell."

If anyone wants to clean up my image or make new, better ones, have at it. I'm even more of a hack at images than text.

Need proof?
Check out my crude attempt:

vs. COL Obyezyana's very professional looking one:

No contest - curse these fat fingers and poor mousing skills!  I'm trying to figure out someone to blame for it...

Pan Bread and Circus,

First, you are really cooking some spaghetti, throwing it on the wall, and watching it stick.

Down south, we have our own competition of Mixed Illegal Martial Arts Violence in which the Gulf Cartel that covers Texazistan is in competition with the ascendant Jalisco New Generation cartel as to which enterprise will emerge victorious from the caged fight within our borders. Drugs, sex trafficking, and murder are hallmarks of serious cartel competition. The major players of Cartels of Mixed Illegal Martial Arts Violence claim there is nothing to see here, but excrement.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cartel- ... -us-2021-4

Panem, can we add this excrement to your competition?

Ah, international competition! The NHL and MLB have teams from US and Canada, eh
Mexico City would be a very strong contender, much more dangerous than any US city.

Or are you thinking teams are drafting players from all over the world, like most sports do now?  They'd play for the city they live in not where they're from, I'd think.  Right?

Panem Et Circenses wrote:
8/30/2022, 10:11 am
Ah, international competition! The NHL and MLB have teams from US and Canada, eh
Mexico City would be a very strong contender, much more dangerous than any US city.

Or are you thinking teams are drafting players from all over the world, like most sports do now?  They'd play for the city they live in not where they're from, I'd think.  Right?

Well, according to foreign Drug Cartels, all the Mixed Illegal Martial Arts Violence participating players operating within USSA's borders are independent free agents, regardless of actual citizenship.

8/29/2022, 8:06 am
If anyone wants to clean up my image or make new, better ones, have at it. I'm even more of a hack at images than text.

Need proof?
Check out my crude attempt:

vs. COL Obyezyana's very professional looking one:

No contest - curse these fat fingers and poor mousing skills!  I'm trying to figure out someone to blame for it...
Sorry, I was rather busy yesterday or I'd have given you this by now:
NVCL copy.jpg

Thank you - updated the post with the much improved image.

Comrades

Those upstarts from New York just don't have what it takes to defeat the dynasty of my hometown Chicago team. We have the experience and a good mix of seasoned veterans as well as quite a bit of young talent. We own the Midwest Division and have been league champions for consecutive years. Sure NY is innovative and has a fresh approach, but give me the tried and true for the win every time. As for New York and the Eastern Division, some are saying that Philadelphia has put a good team together and with their coach, the diminutive Jim Kenney, as well as defensive Coordinator DA Larry Krasner, they just might Upset New York for the Eastern Division Title.

I must run. Tonight is draft night for our NVCL fantasy league. Hoping to do much better this year.

I remain
Dr. Chicago

Don't count out Washington DC and Baltimore in the eastern division.

8/30/2022, 4:24 pm
Don't count out Washington DC and Baltimore in the eastern division.

Comrade

The Eastern Division will be tough this year. A veritable bloodbath. New York appears to be the better team, but there are several right behind. Philly, as well as the two contenders you mentioned, are poised to take the lead. My money is still on Chicago to win it all. Don't forget the 2 AM MAGA hat wearing types prowling the streets in the dead of winter looking for brown people with alternative lifestyles to assault. Chicago has it all and that's who the smart money is on.

I remain
Dr. Chicago

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

While probably not a contender for The Title™, I expect the Kansas Cities (both of them together) will put in a solid performance.  Chicago gets the attention in the Midwest Division.  Rightly Deservedly so.  However the Kansas Cities provide a consistent body count.  

Looking over my shoulder in The Current Truth™.

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:
8/31/2022, 2:33 am
Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

While probably not a contender for The Title™, I expect the Kansas Cities (both of them together) will put in a solid performance.  Chicago gets the attention in the Midwest Division.  Rightly Deservedly so.  However the Kansas Cities provide a consistent body count.  

Looking over my shoulder in The Current Truth™.

Red Salmon

Comrade Fish

This season is shaping up to be the most competitive yet. So many contenders for the title and we haven't even looked at the Southern and Western Divisions. There is some very strong competition coming out of those two as well.

I remain
Dr. Chicago