Anna from Ukraine explains Soviet and Russian propaganda

I just found out about this lady from Ukraine.  She has some interesting comments about the nature of Russian propaganda and its Soviet roots.  It's not just academic.  I've encountered normally informed conservative sources that are believing Russian propaganda, and it is having its effect on eroding support for Ukraine.

Komrade, if propaganda were a poker game in tractor barn #2, I would 'call' Anna's Russia propaganda and 'raise' with Amerikkkan Operation Mockingbird News.......

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:
12/23/2022, 5:01 am
Komrade, if propaganda were a poker game in tractor barn #2, I would 'call' Anna's Russia propaganda and 'raise' with Amerikkkan Operation Mockingbird News.......

CT20221222.jpg

Operation Mockingbird "Churchill" vid in article:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/1 ... ing-seals/

Thanks for introducing TPC to Anna from Ukraine, al Blog. Dare we think there is an Anna from Brazil? Here’s to her safety, too. Because, how come Jair Bolsonaro isn’t regarded as a Statesman ... like Winston Churchill....defending his home from the communists and fascists stealing Brazil’s democratic Election and driving a prosperous nation into want and dearth.

Why prolestock here in the USSA, might connect some dots leading straight to Hunter’s laptop, Ukraine, and Lindsey Graham set for full Cold War wet work on Putin like life really must become as close to Kubrick as possible.
forelock tug,
el ‘pelipsky

A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Gateway Pundit, a formerly good source which has now turned into Russia's lapdog media parroting bogus talking points, is accusing others of being lapdog media parroting bogus talking points.

If the MSM are parroting bogus Democrat talking points, and the likes of Gateway Pundit are parroting bogus Kremlin talking points, do we really need to choose sides and decide whose bogus talking points we should believe?

Can we perhaps use our moral compass to guide us instead of the barking seals on the both sides of our corrupt political divide?

Red Square wrote:
12/23/2022, 7:49 pm

A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Gateway Pundit, a formerly good source which has now turned into Russia's shameless lapdog media parroting bogus talking points, is accusing others of being lapdog media parroting bogus talking points.

If the MSM are parroting bogus Democrat talking points, and the likes of Gateway Pundit are parroting bogus Kremlin talking points, do we really need to choose sides and decide whose bogus talking points we should believe?

Can we perhaps use our moral compass to guide us instead of the barking seals on the both sides of our corrupt political divide?
My moral compass keeps guiding me to the fact that the Uniparty—mostly Democrats—is throwing a lot of unaccountable U.S. taxpayer-funded aid at Zelensky and that anything the Democrats do is invariably suspicious if not outright destructive to the United States.

The Gateway Pundit's take on the situation may appear to be congruent with that of Russian propagandists, but that doesn't mean it's parroting bogus Kremlin talking points. TGP has a talent for digging at truths, ugly as those truths may be, whether we like them or not, and It cannot be rationally described as "Russia's lapdog media."

The problem here is a false perception that not supporting Zelensky 100 percent is tantamount to supporting Putin. Obviously, Putin has committed an unforgivable invasion and continuous atrocities since then, and we'd all like to see Putin fail and withdraw, but that does not mean Zelensky is automatically above scrutiny and off limits to satirists.

It's impossible to dispel the fact that the Biden crime family's shady business dealings with Ukraine have yet to be fully revealed or the fact that Democrats will do whatever it takes to protect Joe and Hunter, even to the point of contributing aid to Ukraine that outmatches Russia's annual defense budget. They're not doing this for humanitarian reasons. They're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Their hearts have no goodness. Their motives are always self-serving and part of an agenda that is anti-American.

It might be cheaper and quicker for Democrats to simply declare Ukraine the 51st State and give Putin one week to withdraw or be expelled: if nothing else, it would guarantee Democrats two more Senators and a slew of Congressmen.

Red Square wrote:
12/23/2022, 7:49 pm

A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. Gateway Pundit, a formerly good source which has now turned into Russia's lapdog media parroting bogus talking points, is accusing others of being lapdog media parroting bogus talking points.

Komrade Square, 

I don't think anyone here wants to chose or take sides against you because you are much loved and respected. 

We are in the saddest state of affairs I have ever seen this country in and believe me, I have been a watcher for decades.

My watching goes back to the assassination of President Kennedy. The lying and coverup that went into that created an existential moment for many Americans that will never be forgotten. 

Many Americans don't feel like we can trust the American government and media about what we are being shown about Ukraine any more than you can trust Russia. 

(Personally, I don't trust either.)

What's going on is a global agenda and it is EVIL. The people orchestrating it don't care about the citizens of Ukraine any more than they care about the citizens of the U.S.

We all have a choice to make................

History is repeating itself here in more ways than one.

Ukraine had been thrown to the dogs for political expediency before. It was done by FDR's left-wing Democrat establishment, with the help of a Pulitzer-Prize-winning NYT journalist, Walter Durante (handsomely paid by Stalin). Back then, American and other Western corporations were building factories in the USSR to help Stalin's "industrialization," paid for with the proceeds from the food confiscated from starving Ukrainians. The short-term gain resulted in the rise of Stalin's regime and the disasters that followed in the long term.

Today the spirit of Walter Durante lives in the actions of a handful of right-wing operatives who have succumbed to the cynical game of false narratives. As a result, a bogus anti-Ukrainian narrative has been created for a short-term political gain of undermining the Democrats. I'm all for undermining the Democrats, but not at the price of murder, torture, and rape of thousands of Ukrainians (and ultimately the destruction of a new and vibrant pro-Western nation) and, by doing so, helping Russia’s anti-Western regime, which continues to be a source of evil in this world and is now reviving the cult of Stalin. The long-term effect will be as disastrous as it had been almost a hundred years ago.

I could go into details of their bogus claims, but that would most likely be futile. Instead, let me tell you a more recent story.

During the 2016 election, I supported Trump from the very start. That caused a split among our Cubists. A tight group of cool kids who supported Ted Cruz became appalled by my stand and started posting a slew of anti-Trump arguments. Among those were the claims that Trump had been inserted in order to help Hillary by splitting Republicans, and other similar nonsense crated by some clever operatives inside the Cruz campaign. These Cubists sincerely believed that they were right and I was wrong, but their sincerity didn’t make those claims less bogus. When one has been gaslighted by an emotional fake narrative, it's next to impossible to change one’s mind with dry facts.

You can still find our long and heated discussions here, if you search for them. It came to a point when the core of the Trump-hating group slammed the virtual door and left the Cube. A few of them returned years later, others never did. And regret it very much, they were good people. But that’s what happens when we let our minds be manipulated by dishonest actors, even if for a seemingly worthy goal.

I don’t want this history to repeat either.

So I suggest to avoid this topic altogether, and return to it after the war is over and all the emotional bogus points dissolve into nothingness from whence they came.

In the meantime we can all pray to end the suffering in Ukraine and pray for Putin's conversion. Asking in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen

mi
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
12/23/2022, 9:26 pm
My moral compass keeps guiding me to the fact that the Uniparty—mostly Democrats—is throwing a lot of unaccountable U.S. taxpayer-funded aid at Zelensky and that anything the Democrats do is invariably suspicious if not outright destructive to the United States.
Somehow, that anger you have at your own politicians gets channeled against Ukraine... Which is an interesting phenomena. Because, for example, Joe Biden's "freezing" of the student loan repayment costs American taxpayers more per month, than Ukraine has actually received from the US since February.

But the Gateway Pundit is not talking about it! And, even if they did, you'd be (justifiably) angry at Biden, but you would not be angry at those borrowers!

For another example, Pentagon left more equipment to Taliban, than it has given Ukraine so far. Likewise, you may be angry at America's woke generals over it -- but not at the Taliban!

Can you explain this disparity by anything other than careful mind-manipulation?

TGP has a talent for digging at truths
Nothing they wrote about Ukraine, that I read this year -- though I admit, I stopped reading them circa April -- was true. If you'd like -- please, point at any article on this subject by them, that you consider truthful...

Obviously, Putin has committed an unforgivable invasion and continuous atrocities since then, and we'd all like to see Putin fail and withdraw
That's not at all obvious to the writers of TGP, as far as I remember -- but, again, I'm open to be corrected...
but that does not mean Zelensky is automatically above scrutiny and off limits to satirists.
Except, no such scrutiny has taken place -- much as I would've preferred for his predecessor to have won the second term, none of the Western "scrutiny" of Zelensky target his real failings and shortcomings. Instead they all repeat Kremlin's fakes -- which "congruency" you even seem to acknowledge.

Indeed, this very post you wrote against Zelensky has no criticism of the man -- only of America's own politicians. And yet, your dislike of him is palpable... Why?

You don't have to like Zelensky -- I don't -- but you have to acknowledge, that he is no Stalin either. And yet, not even TGP would denounce FDR's "Lend-lease" as bad idea, would you?

It's impossible to dispel the fact that the Biden crime family's shady business dealings with Ukraine
Ukraine is America's fellow victim here -- arm-twisted by that crime family. Yet, the publications like TGP have successfully manipulated thousands of minds into thinking, they are, somehow, a co-conspirator.
even to the point of contributing aid to Ukraine that outmatches Russia's annual defense budget.
I've heard that talking point before! And it is a fake... Russia's annual defense budget (before this year) exceeded $60 billion annually, whereas all Ukraine received this year from the US is about $10 billion -- much more is being "announced" and "promised", than actually delivered.
They're not doing this for humanitarian reasons.
True as this is about the Democratic politicians, it is irrelevant. Because the topic was not the senior Democrats' motivation -- "Anna from Ukraine" can hardly tell our parties from each other...

it would guarantee Democrats two more Senators and a slew of Congressmen.
Had you had actually truthful information-sources about Ukraine, you wouldn't be saying this either. The country is quite conservative. Ukrainians value their families and hard work, they are willing to defend their country -- to the death, if need be -- and rise to the sound of national anthem...

mi wrote:
12/24/2022, 10:17 pm

MY ORIGINAL COMMENTS IN GRAY
MI'S COMMENTS IN BLACK
MY RESPONSES IN RED

Somehow, that anger you have at your own politicians gets channeled against Ukraine...
I’m not angry and not channeling anything.
Which is an interesting phenomena. Because, for example, Joe Biden's "freezing" of the student loan repayment costs American taxpayers more per month, than Ukraine has actually received from the US since February.But the Gateway Pundit is not talking about it! And, even if they did, you'd be (justifiably) angry at Biden, but you would not be angry at those borrowers!
Again, I’m not angry, and your example is irrelevant: Biden is mismanaging money like no one before him except Obama.

For another example, Pentagon left more equipment to Taliban, than it has given Ukraine so far. Likewise, you may be angry at America's woke generals over it -- but not at the Taliban!
Again, I’m not angry, and one Biden blunder doesn’t forgive another.

Can you explain this disparity by anything other than careful mind-manipulation?
So far, the only “mind manipulation” you’ve presented are two not very careful examples of false equivalence, which is a woke propaganda technique.

TGP has a talent for digging at truths
Nothing they wrote about Ukraine, that I read this year -- though I admit, I stopped reading them circa April -- was true. If you'd like -- please, point at any article on this subject by them, that you consider truthful...
So you admit that you haven’t been reading the very publication that you’re attacking, and then you try to put the burden of proof on me to prove you wrong. Additionally, you proceed as if readers can trust you to distinguish between truth and propaganda when so far you’ve been using propagandistic messaging methods.

Obviously, Putin has committed an unforgivable invasion and continuous atrocities since then, and we'd all like to see Putin fail and withdraw
That's not at all obvious to the writers of TGP, as far as I remember -- but, again, I'm open to be corrected...
Correcting you right here: TGP has written nothing favorable or supportive of Putin, ever.

but that does not mean Zelensky is automatically above scrutiny and off limits to satirists.
Except, no such scrutiny has taken place— much as I would've preferred for his predecessor to have won the second term, none of the Western "scrutiny" of Zelensky target his real failings and shortcomings.
First you say “no such scrutiny has taken place,” but then you refer to “Western scrutiny” (whatever that means). Make up your mind.
Instead they all repeat Kremlin's fakes -- which "congruency" you even seem to acknowledge.
In other words, you’re saying that any critical assessments of Zelensky are automatically false if they happen to parallel “Kremlin fakes.” That’s a sure formula to cancel any criticism of Zelensky’s “real failings and shortcomings” (your words).

Indeed, this very post you wrote against Zelensky (my post was not against Zelensky—you have chosen to characterize as such) has no criticism of the man (because my post was not against Zelensky) —only of America's own politicians. And yet, your dislike of him is palpable (in your imagination) …Why?

You don't have to like Zelensky (I don’t dislike him) I don't -- but you have to acknowledge, that he is no Stalin either. (and neither is he a Churchill)
And yet, not even TGP would denounce FDR's "Lend-lease" as bad idea, would you?
You've presented speculation that TGP would not denounce yet another false equivalence of your own making between FDR’s Lend-lease and the current situation in Ukraine, then try to bait me into commenting on both your speculation and your false equivalence. I’m not biting.

It's impossible to dispel the fact that the Biden crime family's shady business dealings with Ukraine
Ukraine is America's fellow victim here -- arm-twisted by that crime family. Yet, the publications like TGP have successfully manipulated thousands of minds into thinking, they are, somehow, a co-conspirator.
So arm-twisting by the constantly lying Biden Administration doesn’t imply conspiracy?
even to the point of contributing aid to Ukraine that outmatches Russia's annual defense budget.
I've heard that talking point before! And it is a fake... Russia's annual defense budget (before this year) exceeded $60 billion annually, whereas all Ukraine received this year from the US is about $10 billion -- much more is being "announced" and "promised", than actually delivered.
Get with it: known U.S. allocations to Ukraine this year now exceed $110 Billion.
They're not doing this for humanitarian reasons.
True as this is about the Democratic politicians, it is irrelevant. Because the topic was not the senior Democrats' motivation -- "Anna from Ukraine" can hardly tell our parties from each other...
My post roughly agreed with Clara’s. It was not in response to OP’s post.

it would guarantee Democrats two more Senators and a slew of Congressmen.
Had you had actually truthful information-sources about Ukraine, (don’t assume that I don’t) you wouldn't be saying this either. The country is quite conservative. Ukrainians value their families and hard work, they are willing to defend their country -- to the death, if need be -- and rise to the sound of national anthem...
Obviously, you can’t recognize a humorously cynical comment anymore than you can formulate a coherent argument. So, rather than continue this fruitless exchange, here’s the memo that you apparently didn’t read or ignored:
Red Square wrote:
12/24/2022, 1:17 pm
...I suggest to avoid this topic altogether, and return to it after the war is over and all the emotional bogus points dissolve into nothingness from whence they came.

Merry Christmas, Comrade