Modernized Re-write of a Classic

It’s 2050. America has become a liberal dystopia.

Walking home from Starbucks where daily prayers to Gaia are mandatory.

Pass through a sharia zone (Muslims were the only ones allowed to keep their religion after the Great Reset). Witness middle-aged men rape a prepubescent girl then throw acid on her face. Overhear a passerby say “Islam is such a peaceful religion, there's so much we can learn from these people.”

Exit sharia zone safely after two close calls with machete-wielding morality police.

Nearing my apartment, lesbian couple out on the street with their adopted African child (White people forbidden to breed, must adopt African children only as required by the Equity act of 2024). I bow to them as I approach. I kiss their gender-immaterial child on its forehead and apologize for being White in accordance with the Uniparty’s new social justice laws. One of the lesbians spits on me and calls me a rapist. I thank her for reminding me I am subhuman sperm-producing filth and they walk away.

Finally get to my place. Totally alone. No girlfriend or wife since same-sex is the only legal form of relationship. Parents euthanized after being deemed “too old” by “Blissful Golden Years” death panel. Brother was publicly executed for failing to recycle. Sister was sent to re-education camp for dead-naming a schoolteacher.

Turn on TV. Only one channel, PBS. Read news on ourPad instead. 
Bill Gates appointed to fourth term as president by Supreme Leader Xi Jinping II. America about to be renamed to "The Democratic Collective of Proto-Aboriginal Persons Who Were Nearly Genocided by White Colonialists But Are Now the Trap Gods.”

Phone rings. Some bureaucrat demands the official monthly verification of my pronouns. I lie and say they’re still blem, blek and blung just to avoid a weekly fine of 50,000 yuan.

Hungry. Tired of crickets in cockroach milk but they just started adding mealworms to the centipede paste, so there’s that.

Still hungry as I start to fall asleep in front of the TV while watching the nightly denunciations and executions. They’re running out of adults and using toddlers now. Maybe it’s because they decommissioned Planned Non-Parenthood last week but are still obsessed with culling the herd. 

Falling asleep. I don’t want to wake up again. Ever.

Duke of URL wrote:
2/19/2023, 10:27 am
ImageWhy do you need to own so many books?
This is why.
Very appropriate example you cite. I can't even see how one could rewrite Roald Dahl stories for any reason whatsoever without ruining them. 

Something is always lost in translation, and publisher Puffin should be honest and call the "rewrites" PC Translations for Wokeoids because Puffin is intentionally translating the original English into Woke-ese.

If one thinks that a book may be offensive, either don't read it or choose less offensive fare, such as Michael J. Knowles' Reasons to Vote for Democrats, which is chock full of perfectly PC blank pages.

Related:
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/0 ... fatphobia/