Who blew up Gasprom's Nord Stream pipeline?

[ PROG OFF ]

A lot has been said lately about the Nord Stream explosion. I have my own opinion and just want to share it here. You don’t need to comment or argue. This is my opinion based on connecting the dots that appear in the media with the dots seared in my memory as a lifetime student of propaganda and influence operations.

I don't see any reason for the US to blow up that pipeline, but I see every reason for Putin to do so. He was threatening to freeze Europe as payback for opposing his invasion. His propaganda was creating scary videos of Europeans freezing without Russian gas, etc. Before that, he stopped sending gas on the premise that the turbine was faulty due to an oil leak. The German turbine manufacturer, Siemens, examined it and concluded that the malfunction wasn't serious enough to shut down the turbine. Then they found another excuse for not sending gas. That didn't work, either. Gazprom could face penalties for breaching the contract. That's when the pipeline blew up, and the US was blamed for it from the start, to create a diversion.

Biden spoke against the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which was never in service. But the explosion happened on the original Nord Stream pipeline that had been in service for years. It is on that pipeline that Russia was trying to block the supply on pretend excuses, with the purpose to blackmail the Germans and make them fear the cold winter so they would stop opposing Putin's war.

Germany should have stopped relying on Russia a long time ago and found other sources. But Angela Merkel and her government have done everything to make Putin Germany's sole supplier and destroy Germany's own energy production. Russia knew what it was doing and pushed Europe's reliance on Russian oil and gas through all means possible, including corruption of top officials. And they did it precisely so that in the future, they could dictate Europe what to do. Now they've tried and failed. And they are the victims?

On another note, Seymour Hersh got his Pulitzer for spreading Russian propaganda during the Vietnam War, which is in part responsible for the blood of millions of Vietnamese abandoned by Americans due to such writings. Throughout his career, he was promoting pro-Russian and anti-American stories that were later debunked. Why is he an authority on any subject? For the same reason that all such characters are in that position. Russia appoints opinion leaders in Western countries and props them up with a support circle of intellectuals it controls. This is a classic example.

For many years, I've been convinced 200% that Seymour Hersh is a Russian asset, feeding on the KGB and now the FSB sources. I see no reason to trust him now. His selection of topics, targets, and his timing should in itself be an indication of the existence of a Russian influence operation and what it is about.

The only difference between now and then is that today Russian propaganda has also made inroads into the patriotic conservative circles. Tucker, Posobiec, Bannon are right on most things, but they are utterly ass-backwards in one narrow area concerning the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which contradicts their own positions on everything else. Why is that? I think this question deserves some digging and is a lot more important than the Gazprom pipeline.

Is their game to bring down Biden by tying him to this war and hoping that Ukraine would fall and Russia would win? Seems like it. Now, imagine if during WWII Republicans were to plan to bring down FDR (who was a bad dude) by helping Hitler and spreading German propaganda about the glory of the Reich and the depravity of the Poles, Brits, French, etc. This is how morally repugnant that game is. I'm extremely disappointed in some of the people I used to admire no so long ago.

{off}

I would hope this (or it's elaborated or more detailed version) has been submitted to American Thinker... Well stated, thanks for sharing.

I have come to similar conclusions, Oleg. The war against Ukraine is not about Ukraine. Ukraine is simply the latest step in Putin's stated desire to restore the old Soviet Empire and expand it to Lisbon.

I stopped listening to the pundits you mentioned a long time ago. I know Russia's history of conquest and I know what Putin has been doing since he was granted the authority to direct Russia's military. I believe it was 1999 when he directed the second invasion of Chechnya, ignoring the peace treaty.

He's invaded Georgia and stoked insurrections in Moldova and The Donbas region of Ukraine. I've seen reports he intends the same thing for the Baltic states. He is doing exactly what Hitler did almost 100 years ago. Fomenting dissent then using that as an excuse to invade, expecting that no-one will resist him.

It's a testament to the bravery and tenacity of the Ukrainian soldiers that they have been able to resist Russia and reclaim lost land. If Western leaders had not been so milquetoast about this, the war would be already over or may not even have been started, in my opinion.

It's not like Putin and his acolytes were hiding their intensions. They broadcast them to the world. When someone tells you that they intend to do you harm, you should probably believe them.

Comrades, don't be too hasty in your analysis. Follow the money.

1. Joe Biden and vital portions of the U.S. government (and others) are virtually  owned by China and will do whatever the CCP demands.

2. China—a rival (if not outright enemy) of Russia, bizarrely cemented a putative "alliance" with Russia last year out of convenience. While encouraging Putin's adventure in Ukraine, China has done little or nothing to assist its Russian "ally."

3. China—more than any other party—would benefit greatly from a full- scale armed conflict between Russia and the West. Such a conflict would devastate Western Europe, Russia and America and leave China the only remaining superpower on the planet.

4. Seymor Hirsh is an obvious tool for spreading anti-West propaganda and Tucker Carlson wasted no time pointing that out earlier this week. Nordsteam is what someone wants us all to focus on to fan sentiment towards war with Russia while China sits back and laughs.

5. The moment that full-scale war erupts between Russia and NATO is the moment that China will gleefully watch the destruction and casually decide the best time to invade Taiwan, wipe out the U.S. Pacific Fleet and consolidate its power in the East by toppling Japan, S. Korea, Australia, Philippines and Indonesia. From there, it's only a matter of picking through the rubble and taking whatever it wants with little or no meaningful resistance. 

Open your eyes much wider. Broaden your focus beyond your personal concerns. Dig deeper for greater wisdom. This isn't about a Russian land grab, this is much, much bigger.

All good, Comrade Colonel, except for the fact that a full-scale war between Russia and NATO would've lasted 10 minutes, followed by a movie. Russia has already overextended itself, used up most of its ballistic arsenal and dug deep into emergency supplies, the remainder of its tanks is junk, its more experienced professional troops have been mostly killed, it's already deployed 90% of its military capacity in Ukraine and still can't win. If NATO were to join in, the Russian military would be instant roadkill.

As for Taiwan, the best thing that could've happened to it is Ukrainian resistance. It showed them that resistance against an aggressive behemoth is not futile. Conversely, if Ukraine were to fall, we would have most certainly seen a quick and victorious Chinese invasion into Taiwan, followed by a quick surrender of the island army.

Yes, the war is not just about the land grab. It's about ending the world order as we know it, ending American dominance, and re-establishing Russia as a fearsome world superpower. Too bad Ukraine has shown that Russia's might is akin to the Potemkin village. If it weren't for Putin's insane decision to invade, the world might have still believed that Russia is a power to recon with. But Ukraine has called its bluff and now it's a laughingstock. Oops.

Comrade Colonel O, China's military is not as formidable as their proclamations. They may have a huge army but it can't fight. The soldiers don't want to fight, much like the Russian army. They invaded a part of India and got their asses kick, about a year ago.

The navy may be the "largest in the world" but it's comprised of small ships. They have only two aircraft carriers, only one combat functional, with a third being built, but no aircraft to put on the new carriers.

They are not the military might they claim to be. If they were, they would have already invaded Taiwan and probably Japan also. They have numbers. They do not have skills. When those numbers are reduced, they don't have a way to replace them, thanks to the one child policy.

China's economy is collapsing due to their ponzi scheme real estate market and the ridiculous joke that is their stock market.

Their Belt and Road Initiative is collapsing because the nations they loaned money to, to build infrastructure, with only Chinese workers, are realizing they they were conned and are refusing to pay back the money.

On top of that, China's ridiculous starve-people-to-death-and-kill-dissenters zero COVID policy has done even further damage to their economy. China is not in a good position.

It cannot afford a war. If it could, it would have already started one. They certainly don't fear Joe Biden.

I agree with Biden administration on almost nothing, This is an exception:

https://redstate.com/streiff/2023/02/18 ... ne-n705425

What I know of the history of the Wilson administration is much the same. The parallels are stark.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

PROG OFF

Russia and China are "out clevering" themselves into corners.  Once losing badly and desperate they will do desperate things.

War between Russia and NATO would not be pretty or inconsequential.  Do you really believe that Putin would resist nuclear combat if faced with defeat/humiliation?  I believe it would come to that very quickly. 

For that matter, in the event of annihilation of our Pacific Fleet and subsequent defeat/humiliation, would we react in a big way in desperation? 

China will not meekly accept a humiliating defeat either. 

PROG ON

Waiting for the GWONT in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:
2/19/2023, 4:34 am

PROG OFF

Russia and China are "out clevering" themselves into corners.  Once losing badly and desperate they will do desperate things.

War between Russia and NATO would not be pretty or inconsequential.  Do you really believe that Putin would resist nuclear combat if faced with defeat/humiliation?  I believe it would come to that very quickly. 

For that matter, in the event of annihilation of our Pacific Fleet and subsequent defeat/humiliation, would we react in a big way in desperation? 

China will not meekly accept a humiliating defeat either. 

PROG ON

Waiting for the GWONT in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon
Agreed, Comrade.

Nuclear, biological and chemical warfare are notably absent from the above-stated opinions. So are EMPs. So is Putin's unstable mind. So is any discernible experience at a military strategic or tactical level.

When the King Ferdinand moment comes, it will bypass conventional land, sea and air war and go straight to nuclear, instantly changing the balance of power and presenting an entirely new and different scenario.  

Stop making sense! You’re getting too close to reality, Jackalopelipsky. Keeping it mythical, Red Square, just keeping it mythical.

Red Square,

Deep in the archives of TPC there is a dot that can now be “tied” to your thesis as to the bombing of Nord Stream Pipeline.

https://thepeoplescube.com/post224842.html#p224842

Russian Oligarch owned and trained whales are the responsible agents.

PROG OFF

The Good Colonel Wrote:

"Nuclear, biological and chemical warfare are notably absent from the above-stated opinions. So are EMPs. So is Putin's unstable mind. So is any discernible experience at a military strategic or tactical level.

When the King Ferdinand moment comes, it will bypass conventional land, sea and air war and go straight to nuclear, instantly changing the balance of power and presenting an entirely new and different scenario."

I believe another historical example might apply as well.  The Warsaw Uprising.  In the waning days of WWII the Soviets were chasing the Nazis back to Germany.  As the armies were battling their way across Poland, the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto saw the Nazis weakening and revolted.  The Nazis were faced with putting down the revolt AND fighting with the Soviet Army.  Stalin appraised the situation and ordered the Soviet Army to halt for 3 days.  They were to repair, resupply, and rest.  This was very uncharacteristic of Stalin.  Normally he demanded that his armies never slow down.  In this case he let the Nazis fight the Polish people.  The Nazis did not get to repair, resupply, or rest.  When the fighting with the Soviets began again the Russian troops were relatively fresh and the Nazis were worn out. 

I believe China vigorously encouraged Putin to invade the Ukraine.  This was not a short term operation.  Often this was done through proxies.  After all, it was the Obama Administration that declined to lift a finger to oppose the Russian invasion of the Crimea.  The intermediate President between Obama and Son of Obama didn't seem to get the memo, so the encouragement for Putin to spend his military capital had to wait a bit.  Now Putin is backed into a corner.  No way to back out without losing face.  The path of least resistance (in the very short term) for Europe and Russia looks more and more to be war.  Just ducky.  Will we spend our military capital?  Seems to be a Democratic Presidential specialty.  Remember when Bill Clinton used so many cruise missiles that Boeing had to re-activate the assembly line 3 times to stock up the arsenal?  But he did blow up an aspirin factory that was looking suspicious!  I digress.  The coming war in Europe will involve Russia and NATO.  (We will be there as the foundation of NATO)

And who will be left standing to pick up whatever remains after the certain to end in a nuclear exchange war in Europe?  The Chinese of course. 

PROG BACK ON

Celebrating the nearsighted in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon