Anna from Ukraine explains the background of Russia's annexation and Maidan

This is one of Anna's most compelling and informative videos, especially for Americans who are prone to believe Russian disinformation without knowing it.

In just under 20 minutes, Anna explains...
  • the background of Russia's hybrid warfare in Ukraine
  • the violation of treaties by Russia
  • the true story of Maidan and Yanukovich
  • the hand wringing cries not to escalate or provoke an aggressor and the results of failing to act

Has her account been approved by CNN? is this current truth?

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
2/27/2023, 6:26 pm
He's a one-topic poster anymore, Comrade, convinced that sensible conservatives are dupes for Russian propaganda—a form of denial that sweeps aside legitimate concerns to promote a one-sided view that ignores real consequences.

Making it even more ridiculous are boasts that "I have sources in Ukraine," which really means very little considering that Ukraine also has a propaganda machine.

It's tedious and insulting and it offers no clear picture of the path to a happy outcome that doesn't include a worldwide conflagration.

I have considered Russia an enemy for decades. I have been face to face with them. I understand their propaganda and methods. I'm not swayed by propaganda and it's foolish and irrational to promote a fiction that conservatives are not clamoring for unending support for Ukraine because we are too ignorant or inexperienced to recognize propaganda.

Bullshit.

They should step back and realize that they are aligning themselves with the same liberals who are corrupting and selling out the United States. Many of us know that those liberals have no interest in the security of the United States and it is painfully apparent that endless support for protracted war is less a solution and more a formula for drastic change in the balance of power and a devastating weakening of the U.S.

I realize that the situation is dire for Ukrainians but the situation is even more dire for the U.S. if we continue along the path that the inept Biden administration is forcing upon us.

We must have a rational endgame to work toward, not a blind rush forward and damn the consequences.

No thanks, I support the government.jpg

It's sounding like a Bizarro version of the Mensa Society around here lately except the self-appointed Illuminati are no better informed or qualified than anyone on the street.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
2/27/2023, 9:10 pm
2/27/2023, 6:26 pm
He's a one-topic poster anymore, Comrade, convinced that sensible conservatives are dupes for Russian propaganda—a form of denial that sweeps aside legitimate concerns to promote a one-sided view that ignores real consequences.

Making it even more ridiculous are boasts that "I have sources in Ukraine," which really means very little considering that Ukraine also has a propaganda machine.

It's tedious and insulting and it offers no clear picture of the path to a happy outcome that doesn't include a worldwide conflagration.

I have considered Russia an enemy for decades. I have been face to face with them. I understand their propaganda and methods. I'm not swayed by propaganda and it's foolish and irrational to promote a fiction that conservatives are not clamoring for unending support for Ukraine because we are too ignorant or inexperienced to recognize propaganda.

Bullshit.

They should step back and realize that they are aligning themselves with the same liberals who are corrupting and selling out the United States. Many of us know that those liberals have no interest in the security of the United States and it is painfully apparent that endless support for protracted war is less a solution and more a formula for drastic change in the balance of power and a devastating weakening of the U.S.

I realize that the situation is dire for Ukrainians but the situation is even more dire for the U.S. if we continue along the path that the inept Biden administration is forcing upon us.

We must have a rational endgame to work toward, not a blind rush forward and damn the consequences.

It's sounding like a Bizarro version of the Mensa Society around here lately except the self-appointed Illuminati are no better informed or qualified than anyone on the street.

That's a bit of an overwrought caricature, Comrade Colonel. I don't view you that way.

The divisions on the US Ukraine response run deep. It's the only thing I agree with Biden on, even though he doesn't know why he's doing it.

Wow. I'd voice an opinion, but I'd probably be denounced as a member of the self-appointed Illuminati.

Ivan Betinov wrote:
2/28/2023, 6:39 pm
Wow. I'd voice an opinion, but I'd probably be denounced as a member of the self-appointed Illuminati.
I was going to say that if you got interrogated, not to give away the secret SAI handshake.  Then I realized what a terrible joke that is to a Disembodied-American, and thought better of it.

Ix-nay on the andshake-hay! You want to blow our cover? Illuminati membership is supposed to be secret.

I bet those secret illuminati folks have a secret bunker where they meet in secret and talk about their secrets. And stuff.

But I'm sure that's not the Party™ line... and goodness Lenin knows there's nothing like that around here.

3/2/2023, 3:32 am
I bet those secret illuminati folks have a secret bunker where they meet in secret and talk about their secrets. And stuff.

But I'm sure that's not the Party™ line... and goodness Lenin knows there's nothing like that around here.
About that.  While I'm neither confirming nor denying the existence of some sort of bunker, I was wondering whether the all seeing eye rug over the cellar door in Tractor Barn #2 was a little indiscreet.  I mean, if such a thing existed.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
2/28/2023, 11:28 am
The divisions on the US Ukraine response run deep. It's the only thing I agree with Biden on, even though he doesn't know why he's doing it.
Thank you, Kapitan, for at least having the candor to admit that you agree with Biden even though he's a tool.

As for the others...

SignOfTheTimes.jpg

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/2/2023, 12:04 pm
2/28/2023, 11:28 am
Thank you, Kapitan, for at least having the candor to admit that you agree with Biden even though he's a tool.

As for the others...

Comrade Colonel, this situation is much bigger than the senile puppet Biden and much bigger than Ukraine.

In my view, the $120 billion in equipment and money sent to Ukraine is the least expensive way of dealing with the obvious threat that Putin and the Russian hierarchy present to world peace. Putin and his acolytes have stated their goals of reconstituting the Soviet Empire and expanding it all the way to Lisbon and retaking Alaska and parts of Japan.

To put the cost in perspective, Biden left $80 billion worth of equipment in Afghanistan. There was an article just this week that the IRS, the freaking IRS, could not account for $80 billion. They know where your money is but they don't know where theirs is. In comparison to the entire federal budget of $4 trillion, $120 billion is a drop in the ocean.

I know the Hitler analogy gets thrown about a lot but Putin really is a Hitler like character and uses the same excuses Hitler used for annexing parts of other independent nations. Hitler was insanely angry at the loss of power Germany suffered after WW I. Putin is insanely angry at the loss of power Russia suffered after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Both leaders had/have popular support within their nations.

While he's destroying parts of Ukraine, he has now agitated an attempted popular coup in Moldova, on Ukraine's southern border.

He needs to be stopped and his military capability needs to be decimated.

Funding and supplying Ukraine's war effort means that, although we expend wealth, we don't expend blood. We are not alone in this effort. Every NATO nation is contributing, as are many nations that are not NATO, including my homeland.

This is a necessary battle that needs to be fought and fortunately for us, it's the Ukrainians fighting the battle.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

Incidentally, I'm not "boasting" that I have sources in Ukraine. I'm simply stating a fact that I'm sourcing my information from many different places, none of which are the American MSM.

A discerning, cynical and skeptical person, such as myself, can tell the difference between propaganda and actual reporting of reality. The difference being that actual reporting doesn't try to sugar coat the reality of the war.

I'm also sourcing information from Russia, Poland and other places, including the UK. Much of it is propaganda and that's patently obvious but even the propaganda can help inform.

It's not a boast. It's simply me giving an appraisal of what I have learned, and am learning. I've been unemployed for almost a year and I've spent a lot of time trying to be informed of the reality of what is going on there. Not every source is good or propaganda free but they, collectively, give me a pretty good idea of what's going on there and the attitude of the combatants. Ukrainian morale is high. Russian morale is not. In war, that makes a huge difference.

3/2/2023, 12:53 pm
Comrade Colonel, this situation is much bigger than the senile puppet Biden and much bigger than Ukraine.

In my view, the $120 billion in equipment and money sent to Ukraine is the least expensive way of dealing with the obvious threat that Putin and the Russian hierarchy present to world peace. Putin and his acolytes have stated their goals of reconstituting the Soviet Empire and expanding it all the way to Lisbon and retaking Alaska and parts of Japan.

To put the cost in perspective, Biden left $80 billion worth of equipment in Afghanistan. There was an article just this week that the IRS, the freaking IRS, could not account for $80 billion. They know where your money is but they don't know where theirs is. In comparison to the entire federal budget of $4 trillion, $120 billion is a drop in the ocean.

I know the Hitler analogy gets thrown about a lot but Putin really is a Hitler like character and uses the same excuses Hitler used for annexing parts of other independent nations. Hitler was insanely angry at the loss of power Germany suffered after WW I. Putin is insanely angry at the loss of power Russia suffered after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Both leaders had/have popular support within their nations.

While he's destroying parts of Ukraine, he has now agitated an attempted popular coup in Moldova, on Ukraine's southern border.

He needs to be stopped and his military capability needs to be decimated.

Funding and supplying Ukraine's war effort means that, although we expend wealth, we don't expend blood. We are not alone in this effort. Every NATO nation is contributing, as are many nations that are not NATO, including my homeland.

This is a necessary battle that needs to be fought and fortunately for us, it's the Ukrainians fighting the battle.
I've heard all that before but I don't buy it. Russia may be a current threat to Ukraine but it's hardly capable of much more despite Putin's rantings, which is why he relies on the nuclear option.

What I am NOT hearing is how the same people who botched the Afghanistan withdrawal and are busy emasculating U.S. armed forces is going to pull a rabbit out of their hat for Ukraine without sparking a nuclear World War III that nobody wants except Democrats and Globalists.

What I am NOT hearing is a solid, non-speculative non Ukraine-originated  reason why we need to shed more blood and treasure on yet another foreign proxy war. Russia is an international asshole but it has neither the manpower or the reliable military resources for an extended war without nuclear blackmail. 

What I am NOT hearing is a clamor for cessation of hostilities until peace negotiations can be established.  Neither am I seeing the projection of real strength and resolve by throwing down an ultimatum for Russia to withdraw to pre-2014 borders within five days or be removed forcibly by NATO in lawful aid to a nation invaded in violation of U.N. protocols to which Russia itself is a signatory.

What I AM hearing is a constant drumbeat for war by people whose interest in depopulation coincides with a convenient opportunity to spark a devastating war based on highly uncertain scenarios about what Russia might do  rather than what Russia can do.

3/2/2023, 3:21 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

Incidentally, I'm not "boasting" that I have sources in Ukraine. I'm simply stating a fact that I'm sourcing my information from many different places, none of which are the American MSM.

A discerning, cynical and skeptical person, such as myself, can tell the difference between propaganda and actual reporting of reality. The difference being that actual reporting doesn't try to sugar coat the reality of the war.

I'm also sourcing information from Russia, Poland and other places, including the UK. Much of it is propaganda and that's patently obvious but even the propaganda can help inform.

It's not a boast. It's simply me giving an appraisal of what I have learned, and am learning. I've been unemployed for almost a year and I've spent a lot of time trying to be informed of the reality of what is going on there. Not every source is good or propaganda free but they, collectively, give me a pretty good idea of what's going on there and the attitude of the combatants. Ukrainian morale is high. Russian morale is not. In war, that makes a huge difference.

Once more, Kapitan, thank you for your candor and willingness to elucidate your position.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/2/2023, 3:45 pm
What I am NOT hearing is a solid, non-speculative non Ukraine-originated  reason why we need to shed more blood and treasure on yet another foreign proxy war. Russia is an international asshole but it has neither the manpower or the reliable military resources for an extended war without nuclear blackmail. 
In my opinion, the nuclear threats are nothing but bluster. Putin Has been warned that if he authorizes any nuclear attack, even if it's a tactical strike on the battle field, that there would be no more NATO holding back and that Russia would be entirely devastated with conventional weapons. They would cease to have a military. It would lead to the complete collapse of the Russian Federation and the invasion of China into eastern Russia.

Putin is not a fool. He knows that would cost him everything he seeks to obtain. Besides that, he would not politically survive a refusal by his military to obey that order, which is more than likely.

The Russian hierarchy are not suicidal. Everyone knows that Putin made a huge mistake invading Ukraine. His loss of power is simply a matter of time. The Russian hierarchy are not going to go down with him, even though they agree with his reasoning

3/2/2023, 4:33 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/2/2023, 3:45 pm
In my opinion, the nuclear threats are nothing but bluster. Putin Has been warned that if he authorizes any nuclear attack, even if it's a tactical strike on the battle field, that there would be no more NATO holding back and that Russia would be entirely devastated with conventional weapons. They would cease to have a military. It would lead to the complete collapse of the Russian Federation and the invasion of China into eastern Russia.

Putin is not a fool. He knows that would cost him everything he seeks to obtain. Besides that, he would not politically survive a refusal by his military to obey that order, which is more than likely.

The Russian hierarchy are not suicidal. Everyone knows that Putin made a huge mistake invading Ukraine. His loss of power is simply a matter of time. The Russian hierarchy are not going to go down with him, even though they agree with his reasoning
Good point.  Putin has already made that threat when he signed the new "Russian" territories into existence.  He specifically threatened anyone who conducted military action against any of the four oblasts of Kharkiv, Luhansk, Zaporizhia, and Kherson, and then lost Kharkiv almost immediately afterwards followed later by a substantial loss of Kherson.  His bluff was called and he backed down.

3/2/2023, 3:21 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

You will appreciate the lengthy video posted by horned lagomorph. Real war can’t be seen on YouTube as explained by host. The history of China’s relationship with other nations past and present, is important perspective in the conflicts.

Forelock tug,
‘pelipsky

I did watch that video, comrade 'pelipsky. It confirmed much of what I've already learned.

3/2/2023, 10:07 pm
I did watch that video, comrade 'pelipsky. It confirmed much of what I've already learned.

The geography of warfare intrigues this horned rodent. It was good presentation.

There is so much more to this than just Ukraine and Eastern Europe. This is a cold world war with a hot spot in Ukraine. It involves China and all of south and southeast Asia, (pretty much the whole of the Asian continent) as well as Australia and New Zealand and most of the Pacific Islands nations. Africa and South America are not directly threatened but China has certainly been trying to buy influence in those areas.

China would love to see both America and Russia weakened. America will only be weakened by internal political divisions, which China is stoking. Russia is being weakened by Putin's stupid egotistical war. China sees that as a plus for them.

We are in for a wild ride, geopolitically. China's economy is collapsing. Russia's economy is collapsing. The Biden administration is deliberately destroying the US economy. Those things always seem to lead to war.

None of it is good.

3/3/2023, 2:14 am
There is so much more to this than just Ukraine and Eastern Europe. This is a cold world war with a hot spot in Ukraine. It involves China and all of south and southeast Asia, (pretty much the whole of the Asian continent) as well as Australia and New Zealand and most of the Pacific Islands nations. Africa and South America are not directly threatened but China has certainly been trying to buy influence in those areas.

China would love to see both America and Russia weakened. America will only be weakened by internal political divisions, which China is stoking. Russia is being weakened by Putin's stupid egotistical war. China sees that as a plus for them.

We are in for a wild ride, geopolitically. China's economy is collapsing. Russia's economy is collapsing. The Biden administration is deliberately destroying the US economy. Those things always seem to lead to war.

None of it is good.
That's another good 'un.  General Ben Hodges, who is one of my favorite American sources, points out that if we fail Ukraine, China will see a green light for Taiwan.

Also, if we vote for reformers rather than just Republicans, our economy can recover very quickly. Just add freedom.

One more thing, Kapitan. If you haven't already discovered these sources, I recommend Denys Davydov and Reporting from Ukraine in addition to Anna from Ukraine.

Denys does honest reporting and does not hesitate to call out corruption in his own government when he sees it.

Reporting from Ukraine does succinct military updates that are very informative.  Unfortunately, there's a "source" called Divine Justice that uses the same thumbnails as Reporting from Ukraine but is unreliable.

There are more.  I may post a list for the Greater Good™.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
3/3/2023, 9:47 am
One more thing, Kapitan. If you haven't already discovered these sources, I recommend Denys Davydov and Reporting from Ukraine in addition to Anna from Ukraine.

Denys does honest reporting and does not hesitate to call out corruption in his own government when he sees it.

Reporting from Ukraine does succinct military updates that are very informative.  Unfortunately, there's a "source" called Divine Justice that uses the same thumbnails as Reporting from Ukraine but is unreliable.

I look at Davydov's daily updates. I've seen Devine Justice and Warthog Defense, both of which are more leaning towards propaganda. Since you posted that Anna video, I've started paying attention to her vlog. There are a few others I could mention. I'd like to see your list and compare.

Sorry, Comrades, but all of these "sources" may provide third-party anecdotal information, historical or statistical information, or slanted information, but all they do is inform opinions you've already established. They provide little or no useful or untainted information that answers the Grand Question

The Grand Question is whether we suffer another World War because of or on behalf of Ukraine.

Ukraine will say yes and roll out a list of justifications based on its desperation and hatred of Russians. Russia will dare the West on a bluff that may not be a bluff. The West appears committed to spend cash and deplete its own arsenals but its commitment is not unanimous. China is sitting back and licking its chops.

Without the benefit of skill sets in information and communications sciences and strategic intelligence analysis, even if you collected classified strategic-level intelligence from all governments involved, the best you could do is armchair quarterback your way through a mountain of information only to pick the parts that fit your preconceptions. 

The Grand Question is only answered by ice-cold reasoning, common sense and a dispassionate calculation of all possible outcomes.

Ukraine is a trap. Russia has jumped into it. The West is on the edge of it. China and its Globalist vassals are eager to push.

The answer to the Grand Question is no.

We are not prepared for the outcomes and World War would steal from us any possibility to think rationally and take the strong measures necessary prevent war by thwarting Russia, China and Globalists before they can fully implement their designs.

Comrades, this is still a parody and satire website and our opinions are best presented here in those forms. Non-humorous advocacy has proven divisive and evokes hostility. That should be all that needs be understood. 

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/3/2023, 12:08 pm
Sorry, Comrades, but all of these "sources" may provide third-party anecdotal information, historical or statistical information, or slanted information, but all they do is inform opinions you've already established. They provide little or no useful or untainted information that answers the Grand Question.

Comrade Colonel, you should be listening to your own appraisal. You, too, have formed your opinion and, apparently, cannot be swayed by any new information. You dismiss it all. That's your choice and trying to convince you otherwise is an exercise in futility. You have mentioned certain "big picture" possibilities whilst assuming nobody else has considered those matters. Two things can be true at the same time. Consideration of that reality may help you understand why many of us are supportive of Ukraine's self defense. Like it or not, we're already in WW3. It just hasn't expanded beyond Ukraine, yet.

Comrades,

Play nice back there. Don't make me stop this tractor...

3/3/2023, 1:05 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
Sorry, Comrades, but all of these "sources" may provide third-party anecdotal information, historical or statistical information, or slanted information, but all they do is inform opinions you've already established. They provide little or no useful or untainted information that answers the Grand Question.
Comrade Colonel, you should be listening to your own appraisal. You, too, have formed your opinion and, apparently, cannot be swayed by any new information. You dismiss it all. That's your choice and trying to convince you otherwise is an exercise in futility. You have mentioned certain "big picture" possibilities whilst assuming nobody else has considered those matters. Two things can be true at the same time. Consideration of that reality may help you understand why many of us are supportive of Ukraine's self defense. Like it or not, we're already in WW3. It just hasn't expanded beyond Ukraine, yet.

My appraisal of the situation is not bogged down in irrelevancies or lost in examining the weeds.  I absolutely see that others have considered those matters and see that some have pledged allegiance to whatever Zelensky wants for however long he wants to the exclusion of all other considerations.

I am not against support for Ukraine, I'm for wiser strategy that will make any further war unattractive to all participants. Unfortunately, our leadership is both unwise and dedicated to a New World Order.

It's popular for some to say that we're already in WWIII, but we're not; we're at the brink of it, but if we were, we should be taking every measure to ensure an intelligent victory, not a pyyhric victory that starts and ends at Ukraine with the world in ruins.

3/3/2023, 10:59 am
3/3/2023, 9:47 am

I look at Davydov's daily updates. I've seen Devine Justice and Warthog Defense, both of which are more leaning towards propaganda. Since you posted that Anna video, I've started paying attention to her vlog. There are a few others I could mention. I'd like to see your list and compare.
Warthog Defense can provide some interesting footage, but I usually end realizing that I've learned nothing new, so I don't promote them as a news source.  If you don't see my list soon, then look under the all-seeing-eye rug in TB #2.  I mean, if such a thing existed.  Hypothetically, of course.  Remember the handshake.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/3/2023, 4:22 pm
3/3/2023, 1:05 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
My appraisal of the situation is not bogged down in irrelevancies or lost in examining the weeds.  I absolutely see that others have considered those matters and see that some have pledged allegiance to whatever Zelensky wants for however long he wants to the exclusion of all other considerations.

I am not against support for Ukraine, I'm for wiser strategy that will make any further war unattractive to all participants. Unfortunately, our leadership is both unwise and dedicated to a New World Order.

It's popular for some to say that we're already in WWIII, but we're not; we're at the brink of it, but if we were, we should be taking every measure to ensure an intelligent victory, not a pyyhric victory that starts and ends at Ukraine with the world in ruins.

In my humble opinion, I think you're conflating two different issues. The push for the New World Order by the Globalist elite is not the same thing as defending Europe against Russian aggression (which is what the Ukrainian war is actually about), though the Globalist elite will certainly try to use it to their advantage. That being said, expecting intelligent strategy and reactions from unintelligent people is asking a little too much. All I'm hoping for (and expect will eventually happen) is a conclusion that sees Ukraine restored to full independence and Russia's military devastated to the point it can no longer threaten its neighbors, resulting in Putin being deposed.

"...the world in ruins." is being a little more than hyperbolic. The Russians are not suicidal. This war will cause another revolution in Russia when the people there finally figure out that their leaders led them into another failed military adventure. It happens every time.

3/3/2023, 4:46 pm
3/3/2023, 10:59 am

Warthog Defense can provide some interesting footage, but I usually end realizing that I've learned nothing new, so I don't promote them as a news source.  If you don't see my list soon, then look under the all-seeing-eye rug in TB #2.  I mean, if such a thing existed.  Hypothetically, of course.  Remember the handshake.
You know, it's an interesting thing I've noticed on the Twitter machine that since a well know influencer has declared the whole idea of the war in Ukraine as suspect (i.e. it's not actually happening) because he's never seen any footage of it, that anytime I point out that I've seen plenty of footage, and direct people to said footage, that they will deny it and proclaim that the footage isn't proof of anything because we don't know where it came from. Apparently, if it's not shown on ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN or FOX, it simply doesn't exist or is off a movie set. Some people simply can't be convinced.

3/3/2023, 3:52 pm
Comrades,

It's not intended to be a pay back. I appreciate the good Colonel's opinion. I just don't agree with him.

3/3/2023, 5:41 pm
Comrades,

It's not intended to be a pay back. I appreciate the good Colonel's opinion. I just don't agree with him.
You might agree with my opinion if you stop listening to the justifiably distressed and emotional assessments of the Ukrainian leadership and fan-boys who dream of a glorious destruction of evil Russia that ends with Ukrainian tanks rolling though Red Square. That's an insane fantasy.

I'm not conflating issues. Europe isn't facing immediate Russian military aggression. Europe isn't in need of immediate defense. The war in Ukraine is a Russian land grab—first and foremost—and the targeted Ukraine is naturally trying to magnify its import to get the West to intervene (and no one could blame them for trying).

Many members of the Biden administration are Globalists and  all Globalists are surrogates of the CCP. They are eager for war because they are slaves to Chinese influence. They are eager for depopulation because world war would facilitate that. And—as usual—those most eager for war have never experienced war or fought in war. I certainly have, and it's not as clean and neat as those lines and symbols you see on maps.

The world in ruins is not hyperbolic at all. You estimated that the Russians would never let Putin use nukes. Based on what? Do you have agents surrounding Putin? Do you have solid inside information that you would stake your life on? Or the lives of your family? Or the lives of the people of your adopted nation? 

Have you ever played Russian roulette, Comrade?  That's the game you're playing when you assess that Putin won't push the button when cornered. That's the game you don't play if you're determined to win.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/3/2023, 8:41 pm
3/3/2023, 5:41 pm
Comrades,

You might agree with my opinion if you stop listening to the justifiably distressed and emotional assessments of the Ukrainian leadership and fan-boys who dream of a glorious destruction of evil Russia that ends with Ukrainian tanks rolling though Red Square. That's an insane fantasy.

I'm not conflating issues. Europe isn't facing immediate Russian military aggression. Europe isn't in need of immediate defense. The war in Ukraine is a Russian land grab—first and foremost—and the targeted Ukraine is naturally trying to magnify its import to get the West to intervene (and no one could blame them for trying).

Many members of the Biden administration are Globalists and  all Globalists are surrogates of the CCP. They are eager for war because they are slaves to Chinese influence. They are eager for depopulation because world war would facilitate that. And—as usual—those most eager for war have never experienced war or fought in war. I certainly have, and it's not as clean and neat as those lines and symbols you see on maps.

The world in ruins is not hyperbolic at all. You estimated that the Russians would never let Putin use nukes. Based on what? Do you have agents surrounding Putin? Do you have solid inside information that you would stake your life on? Or the lives of your family? Or the lives of the people of your adopted nation? 

Have you ever played Russian roulette, Comrade?  That's the game you're playing when you assess that Putin won't push the button when cornered. That's the game you don't play if you're determined to win.
Then let Ukraine fall in the hope that there will be no further threat to Europe once Putin has Ukraine?

3/3/2023, 10:11 pm
Then let Ukraine fall in the hope that there will be no further threat to Europe once Putin has Ukraine?

The Russians can scarcely handle Ukraine let alone march on Europe.

Comrade Colonel, I'm not in favor of war. We'd all, including Russia, be a lot better off if Putin had not decided to invade Ukraine. I am, however, in favor of defending Ukraine and expelling Russia from Ukrainian territory.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/4/2023, 11:44 am

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ukraine deserves both.

3/9/2023, 5:42 am
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ukraine deserves both.

Ben Franklin was speaking of his own countrymen and in a context that has nothing—even remotely—to do with Ukraine. Don't be-clown yourself with false equivalencies.   

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/9/2023, 10:32 am
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

Ukraine deserves both.
Ben Franklin was speaking of his own countrymen and in a context that has nothing—even remotely—to do with Ukraine. Don't be-clown yourself with false equivalencies.   

Benjamin Franklin was talking about humanity, after the successful defeat of the, then, most powerful military in the world, achieved with help from the, then, powerful French navy. Ukraine is fighting for its freedom, against a more, on paper, powerful military, just like the United States was. It's not a false equivalence.

And if you can't refrain from insulting people, maybe you should just stay off this thread. Your judgment seems to be clouded.

3/9/2023, 2:17 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/9/2023, 10:32 am
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:

Ukraine deserves both.

Benjamin Franklin was talking about humanity, after the successful defeat of the, then, most powerful military in the world, achieved with help from the, then, powerful French navy. Ukraine is fighting for its freedom, against a more, on paper, powerful military, just like the United States was. It's not a false equivalence.

And if you can't refrain from insulting people, maybe you should just stay off this thread. Your judgment seems to be clouded.
I'd stay off this thread if you'd stop insulting our intelligence.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-ben-fr ... eally-said 

Whatever dude. Your opposition to US support of Ukraine is quite clear. What you seem incapable of doing is conducting a civil conversation about it. That's your choice. Nobody else is required to accommodate your obviously emotionally charged assessments of the situation. You're not going to change my opinion and you obviously are not going to change your own opinion. Just try to be civil. It would be better for you.

Ah comrades, I wish I could share my sources with you, but they all speak either Ukrainian or Russian. There isn't enough time of the day left to also follow the English-speaking sources.

But from the bits and pieces I've gathered I have noticed that the existence of propaganda is not the only danger here. There's also the parochial view of the conflict, and also the matter of scale. To say that Russia and Ukraine both use propaganda would be technically correct, but that statement would have no meaning without considering their respective scale, reach, established networks, and the money spent.

For this purpose I have prepared a helpful comparison chart. I hope it's useful.

Propaganda_Biggest.jpg

Why has the fat Russian lady propagandist got a chop stick sticking out of her ass?

3/9/2023, 5:34 pm
Why has the fat Russian lady propagandist got a chop stick sticking out of her ass?

That was a Cossack spear inserted by a Ukrainian saboteur. I have now airbrushed it for aesthetic consideration.

Red Square wrote:
3/9/2023, 5:40 pm
3/9/2023, 5:34 pm

That was a Cossack spear inserted by a Ukrainian saboteur. I have now airbrushed it for aesthetic consideration.
Those damned Ukrainians. Constantly messing up the Russians' plans.

I assumed it was a chopstick because Mr Eleven seems to be directing Mr Putin's actions. And what better way to do it than a chopstick in the posterior? There's a long history of China and Russia trying to control each other, especially since Mao came to power. They've fought many battles over control of territory, though it never became full blown war.

That, too. In this case, Mr Eleven said, "Stick a fork in it," but since all they had around were chopsticks, it had to suffice.

Conversely, given the lady's massive size, it would take a really long projectile to penetrate that area.

Someone said, the best propaganda is truth.

That may be so, but deceit has always been a part of war. And Russia has been at war with the world for over a century, even when the world wasn't at war with it. Part of that war was to disorient people and destroy their ability to recognize the truth.

Today I look around and I see plenty of good but disoriented people who can't tell truth from deliberate fiction.

Red Square wrote:
3/9/2023, 7:01 pm
Someone said, the best propaganda is truth.

That may be so, but deceit has always been a part of war. And Russia has been at war with the world for over a century, even when the world wasn't at war with it. Part of that war was to disorient people and destroy their ability to recognize the truth.

Today I look around and I see plenty of good but disoriented people who can't tell truth from deliberate fiction.
Unfortunately, true Comrade Director, but not only unable to distinguish the truth from fiction, also not willing to consider the possibility that they are being fooled. Or consider that not every situation, event or occurrence is without nuance. 

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
― Mark Twain 

3/9/2023, 4:48 pm
Whatever dude. Your opposition to US support of Ukraine is quite clear. What you seem incapable of doing is conducting a civil conversation about it.
3/9/2023, 2:50 pm
You're being an asshole.
That's your choice. Nobody else is required to accommodate your obviously emotionally charged assessments of the situation.
You're being an asshole.
You're not going to change my opinion and you obviously are not going to change your own opinion. Just try to be civil.
You're being an asshole.
It would be better for you.
Time for a peace offering. Check your mail for a $100 gift card for a case of Vagisil.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/9/2023, 9:26 pm
3/9/2023, 4:48 pm
Whatever dude. Your opposition to US support of Ukraine is quite clear. What you seem incapable of doing is conducting a civil conversation about it.
You're being an asshole.
That's your choice. Nobody else is required to accommodate your obviously emotionally charged assessments of the situation.
You're being an asshole.
You're not going to change my opinion and you obviously are not going to change your own opinion. Just try to be civil.
You're being an asshole.
It would be better for you.
Time for a peace offering. Check your mail for a $100 gift card for a case of Vagisil.

Shrug.