Authoritarianism Is Freedom

I'm surprised I have to tell this to people but there's a lot of misinformation out there. My administration was just forced by some federal judge to stop protecting the American people. This guy put an injunction on my administration from making sure that what we in government think is best for the American people in order to keep them safe from harm, that we can't stop people from saying whatever silly thing they want to about the vital issues that affect your safety.

I blame all of this on poor civics education. People don't understand how the government is supposed to work. We just celebrated the 4th of July for crying out loud. You know why we celebrate the 4th of July? We celebrate our independence. America fought a war for independence. We fought a war for independence from a King. The King said he had a right to rule over his subjects. He said he had a right to rule over his subjects because he was born to rule over his subjects. We said: No, we have the right to the consent of the governed. Millions of people have died for that principle and you know what it means? We elect our ruler. We vote and our vote is consent to be ruled. That's what our democracy is all about. It's about our right to consent to be ruled by somebody. It's a great principle and the only principle that upholds freedom.

It's called popular sovereignty. The great principle of democracy. That's what Abraham Lincoln fought the South for.

If you don't like it shove it. Try and vote me out. That's the constitution. That's America.

So when some knucklehead judge who doesn't understand basic grade school civics says he can stop me - the person who was elected to rule by the consent of the governed - that I can't use my administration to keep everyone safe from misinformation that can hurt them I say this is against our democracy and against freedom. It's against everything America stands for. And I won't stand for it.

I've issued orders to have that judge barred from all social media, his banking access is to be blackballed, his credit cards are to be revoked, his mortgage cut out from under him, and his friends and family to be investigated, tried, found guilty and thrown in prison.

Because you don't mess with freedom.

Without safety there is no freedom and without freedom there is no democracy and without democracy there is no safety!

That's my job.

God save the queen, man!

President Potemkin wrote:
7/5/2023, 5:58 pm

Comrade, you bring up a good point about rulers that I’ve been meaning to address. 

For too long, the uninformed, misinformed and self-informed have been referring to our elected representatives as our leaders, possibly due to the intentionally poor quality of public education but also due to–among some—a lemming-like, blind allegiance to parties that would see America dead an buried. 

There are no rulers or leaders holding office in the United States of America, only elected representatives and their unelected appointees and administrators, whose performance is constrained within a framework of law. At every level of government, Americans elect officials to represent the best interests of their constituents,
not to lead their constituents.

What too many elected officials and their constituents alike increasingly fail to understand is their roles in a Constitutional Republic; that the people lead and that elected officials are obligated to abide by the will of the people.

Because the United States is not a democracy, the great challenge for elected officials is to accurately and sensibly weigh the sometimes conflicting interests of the people and determine—within law—how to proceed  in a way that yields the greatest benefit for all, not just for a minority or a majority or a special interest group. Success in that endeavor is not leadership, it is adept representation.

We fail as citizens when we look to any elected official to lead us. All of them—from the dog catcher to the President—are charged to act on our behalf, not to lead us and not to rule us but to carry out our will and ensure that our will is served and our liberty and fundamental rights are never diminished by government.

The German word for leader is führer, the Roman term for an unconstrained führer is tyrant. The Declaration of Independence was written to reject a tyrant and the Constitution was written to ensure that the people—not a führer—are in charge and shall remain in charge.

Government at Work
“Paging Winston Smith. 6079 Smith W, please report to nearest speakwrite."

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
7/5/2023, 8:58 pm

Comrade, you bring up a good point about rulers that I’ve been meaning to address. 

For too long, the uninformed, misinformed and self-informed have been referring to our elected representatives as our leaders, possibly due to the intentionally poor quality of public education but also due to–among some—a lemming-like, blind allegiance to parties that would see America dead an buried. 

There are no rulers or leaders holding office in the United States of America, only elected representatives and their unelected appointees and administrators, whose performance is constrained within a framework of law. At every level of government, Americans elect officials to represent the best interests of their constituents,
not to lead their constituents.

What too many elected officials and their constituents alike increasingly fail to understand is their roles in a Constitutional Republic; that the people lead and that elected officials are obligated to abide by the will of the people.

Because the United States is not a democracy, the great challenge for elected officials is to accurately and sensibly weigh the sometimes conflicting interests of the people and determine—within law—how to proceed  in a way that yields the greatest benefit for all, not just for a minority or a majority or a special interest group. Success in that endeavor is not leadership, it is adept representation.

We fail as citizens when we look to any elected official to lead us. All of them—from the dog catcher to the President—are charged to act on our behalf, not to lead us and not to rule us but to carry out our will and ensure that our will is served and our liberty and fundamental rights are never diminished by government.

The German word for leader is führer, the Roman term for an unconstrained führer is tyrant. The Declaration of Independence was written to reject a tyrant and the Constitution was written to ensure that the people—not a führer—are in charge and shall remain in charge.

images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif

That is all. Dismissed.