Ryan McBeth Exposes a Russian Bot

Just the detective work involved here is fascinating...

Botbusting could make for a fun weekend at Tractor Barn #2.

The Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) recently divulged a report detailing the outcome of a meeting convened by Sergey Kiriyenko, First Deputy Chief of Staff of the Russian Presidential Administration. This meeting focused on shaping the trajectory of Russian information operations concerning the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. The attendees consisted of media representatives and official spokespeople from various civilian sectors of the Russian government. Five distinct areas were identified during the meeting as key focal points for Russian propaganda efforts moving forward.

* Emphasizing a narrative that Ukraine is engaging in mass mobilization without regard for age, gender, or health.
* Promoting a narrative that Ukraine’s Western partners are disheartened by the country’s prospects for victory.
* Propagating a narrative that the Ukrainian counteroffensive is faltering.
* Amplifying a narrative that the Ukrainian government is riddled with corruption and lacks genuine anti-corruption efforts.
* Crafting a narrative that Russian authorities ensure better living standards and conditions in occupied Ukrainian areas compared to non-Russian controlled regions.

[ PROG OFF ]

I see these narratives a lot in conservative media, chat rooms, and commentary. Some of them are too close for comfort. It makes me wonder which ones of them are genuinely mislead, and which ones are doing the misleading knowingly

When Carlson alleged systematic persecution of Christians in Ukraine (persecution of Christians is something I've been following for at least 25 years now), I knew he was wrong.

When Colonel MacGregor said that Ukrainian POWs are fairly treated by their Russian captors, I felt myself going numb that anybody could say that as if it were true.