20 Days in Mariupol

Make time for this documentary. It details life in Mariupol in the first 20 days of the Russian occupation. It puts real faces on the suffering and death one madman has brought to his peaceful neighbor. The pain of Mariupol must be multiplied by all the other Ukrainian cities that have fallen under Russian control to begin to get an understanding of the magnitude of this war.

As we're approaching the second year of the "special military operation," this documentary should make more clear than ever why Putin must be stopped. Negotiation is not possible with someone who not only wants to kill Ukrainians, but who has no regard for the more than 300,000 lives of young Russians lost to his colossal ego and blunders. He will stubbornly persist in this gamble until Ukraine is pried from his hands. To Putin and his inner circle, Ukraine is the beginning. The destruction visited upon Ukraine is a but a preview of Putin's vision for Europe, even the world, if he is not stopped.

A monument to Russian liberators of Ukrainian hosehold appliances.

Russian_Liberators.jpg

RE: Make time for this documentary.

Yeah, but it comes from "PBS / Frontline"........can we really trust ANYTHING from PBS?
"Big Bird" has lied to us before......is this a case of the broken bird being right twice a day, or.....?

Red Zeppelin wrote:
12/6/2023, 2:09 pm
RE: Make time for this documentary.

Yeah, but it comes from "PBS / Frontline"........can we really trust ANYTHING from PBS?
"Big Bird" has lied to us before......is this a case of the broken bird being right twice a day, or.....?

Yes, a broken bird can be right twice a day. I share your skepticism about the source, but if our ultimate goal is truth, then we have to recognize those moments when somebody in the other tribe is right.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
12/6/2023, 2:11 pm
Герои все!
Слава Україні!

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
12/7/2023, 9:46 pm
12/6/2023, 2:11 pm
Герои все!
Слава Україні!

Those are the true heroes.

Tucker just doesn't give up:

What a way to twist words to mean something entirely different. It used to be the Left that twisted people's words, but it is just as disgusting when our side does it. Throwing grandma off a cliff, anyone?

Suppose I say "If you defund the police, soon our neighborhoods will burn and you may be killed in your own home or in the street." In Tucker's book, that would be "Oleg threatens you that if you defund the police, he will burn your neighborhoods kill you in your homes."

I have no love for our Pink Lloyd, but it's the case of a broken clock being correct twice a day. What he really said was a warning that if we let Russia win in Ukraine, that would embolden Putin and in a few years he will attack again elsewhere, and then NATO soldiers will be dying in the trenches, including Americans. And that is the truth.

Not to mention that the majority of the money goes to invest into the US economy to produce more weapons and restock munitions, which means more jobs for Americans, more well-paying jobs, and better equipped and modernized US military. Why do some "patriots" object to that?

A miser pays twice. Spare the treasure today, pay in blood tomorrow.

It is sad to see Elon getting drawn into this skullduggery. On the other hand, once he recovers from this head trip, he'll be motivated to recalibrate his BS detector.

Red Square wrote:
12/8/2023, 3:04 pm

I've never been a fan of Tucker. I don't think he knows what he's talking about, most of the time and it's impossible to challenge him. He's completely ignorant of the history and mindset of the Russian bear.

This "populist" appeasement is what resulted in WW2. It will result in WW3 if this kind of ignoring of the threat is amplified and accepted by a majority of Republicans.

Putin and his acolytes have not been shy about professing their goal to create a Eurasian empire from Vladivostok to Lisbon. We should believe evil men when they tell us their intentions.

Red Square wrote:

Нет проги:

My first red flag for Tucker was when he reported on the "persecution" of Christians in Ukraine. I've been following news about the persecuted church for about 25 years now, and Ukraine never appeared on the radar until recently, and only for those regions under Russian occupation. It made me wonder that if I could find the context to the story about the SBU raid on the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra Monastery, why couldn't he? Further viewing confirmed for me that Tucker has a pathological hatred for Ukraine which he has blamed for being invaded. That decided me on whether he simply made an error or whether he has an agenda.

Tucker's interview with Colonel MacGregor, one of America's most misinformed sources, left me in shock when MacGregor said that Ukrainian POWs have been treated fairly from the beginning. I was very glad to see Ryan McBeth analyze the video and correct some of the errors.

I'm left thinking that Tucker may not be so much an ideological conservative as he is a conservative button pusher. He's certainly carved out a niche for himself and has successfully poisoned a number of conservative followers who have mistaken him for an honest journalist. He is to Russia what the BBC is to HAMAS.

Whoops! I meant to edit, not repeat myself. May the Party™ forgive me.

12/8/2023, 4:06 pm
Red Square wrote:

I've never been a fan of Tucker. I don't think he knows what he's talking about, most of the time and it's impossible to challenge him. He's completely ignorant of the history and mindset of the Russian bear.

This "populist" appeasement is what resulted in WW2. It will result in WW3 if this kind of ignoring of the threat is amplified and accepted by a majority of Republicans.

Putin and his acolytes have not been shy about professing their goal to create a Urasian empire from Vladivostok to Lisbon. We should believe evil men when they tell us their intentions.

That's the shocker for me for a couple of reasons. One is that conservatives usually know their history better than liberals, and some in our tribe can't see the obvious threat as the Czech Crisis once again unfolds and now the political right calls for appeasement. That it has to be explained that one cannot negotiate with Putin baffles me. Even Nigel Farage says that we need to remove Putin's excuses for further aggression by essentially allowing him to keep Eastern Ukraine. That Putin excels at creating his own excuses seems to have gone unnoticed by someone who's leadership I otherwise admire.

Secondly, I'm old enough to have voted for Ronald Reagan, and yet it's the right that is channeling Carter's cringing and naive foreign policy. If Reagan were president today, Tucker would be excoriating him for calling the USSR (essentially Russia anyway) an evil empire. I wonder if "Tear down this wall" would have induced an apoplectic fit in Tucker.

I want to end this war as much as anybody (I have friends on both sides), but in a way that cripples further Russian aggression. Arbitrarily ending the war now would be the same as stopping the invasion of France in 1944 to see if we can reach agreeable terms with Hitler. Now is the time to get serious about Ukraine, or later long for the day when we missed our opportunity to support Ukraine to victory, cut short the conflict, and save future lives (including one of my sons who's currently serving).

12/8/2023, 4:17 pm

I moved your edited text to your original post and deleted the repetitive one.

Also, while quoting long chunks of content, I usually shorten them to avoid confusion and improve navigation. I've done the same with both your posts, I hope you don't mind.

12/8/2023, 4:42 pm
12/8/2023, 4:06 pm
Red Square wrote:

Putin and his acolytes have not been shy about professing their goal to create a Urasian empire from Vladivostok to Lisbon. We should believe evil men when they tell us their intentions.

That's the shocker for me for a couple of reasons. One is that conservatives usually know their history better than liberals, and some in our tribe can't see the obvious threat as the Czech Crisis once again unfolds and now the political right calls for appeasement. That it has to be explained that one cannot negotiate with Putin baffles me. Even Nigel Farage says that we need to remove Putin's excuses for further aggression by essentially allowing him to keep Eastern Ukraine. That Putin excels at creating his own excuses seems to have gone unnoticed by someone who's leadership I otherwise admire.

Secondly, I'm old enough to have voted for Ronald Reagan, and yet it's the right that is channeling Carter's cringing and naive foreign policy. If Reagan were president today, Tucker would be excoriating him for calling the USSR (essentially Russia anyway) an evil empire. I wonder if "Tear down this wall" would have induced an apoplectic fit in Tucker.

I want to end this war as much as anybody (I have friends on both sides), but in a way that cripples further Russian aggression. Arbitrarily ending the war now would be the same as stopping the invasion of France in 1944 to see if we can reach agreeable terms with Hitler. Now is the time to get serious about Ukraine, or later long for the day when we missed our opportunity to support Ukraine to victory, cut short the conflict, and save future lives (including one of my sons who's currently serving).
Unfortunately, nobody in the right leaning political class is interested in explaining to people what the real threat is, here. It just "Democrats agree with it so we should be against it. that's how we get re-elected." It's so short sighted. Taking the "populist" path, on this issue, will only prolong the war, because Ukraine is not going to give up, and encourage Putin and the Russians to push further, just as Hitler did. If he's not stopped now, we will be fighting another war in Europe and in Asia and in Africa and in the Middle East.

Ukraine has been saying the same thing as israel. If Russia lays down it's arms, there will be peace. If Ukraine lays down it's arms, Ukraine will cease to exist. If the "Palestinians" lay down their arms, there will be peace. If Israel lays down it's arms, Israel will cease to exist. Why anybody on the right opposes this fundamental reality is beyond me. How can you support defending Israel but not support defending Ukraine? The evil is no different.

Red Square wrote:
12/8/2023, 8:01 pm
12/8/2023, 4:17 pm

I moved your edited text to your original post and deleted the repetitive one.

Also, while quoting long chunks of content, I usually shorten them to avoid confusion and improve navigation. I've done the same with both your posts, I hope you don't mind.

I'm thankful for the lesser clutter.  Большое спасибо.

12/8/2023, 9:14 pm

Unfortunately, nobody in the right leaning political class is interested in explaining to people what the real threat is, here. It just "Democrats agree with it so we should be against it. that's how we get re-elected." It's so short sighted. Taking the "populist" path, on this issue, will only prolong the war, because Ukraine is not going to give up, and encourage Putin and the Russians to push further, just as Hitler did. If he's not stopped now, we will be fighting another war in Europe and in Asia and in Africa and in the Middle East.

Ukraine has been saying the same thing as israel. If Russia lays down it's arms, there will be peace. If Ukraine lays down it's arms, Ukraine will cease to exist. If the "Palestinians" lay down their arms, there will be peace. If Israel lays down it's arms, Israel will cease to exist. Why anybody on the right opposes this fundamental reality is beyond me. How can you support defending Israel but not support defending Ukraine? The evil is no different.

The evil is not only no different but allied. Who received a HAMAS delegation after the slaughter of October 7?