Woke Sculpture Uglifies Trafalgar Square

Current Communist Goals
# 22 Continue discrediting [Western] culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression….eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
Excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen (1962) https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015068647141&seq=1

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/0 ... cal-trash/

Londoners aren't pleased with the latest in a rotating series of sculptures displayed on plinths in Trafalgar Square since 1999. The sculpture in question is Tschabalala Self's "Lady in Blue."

Artist Tschabalala Self's "Lady in Blue" supposedly pays “homage to a young, metropolitan woman of color.”
Artist Tschabalala Self's "Lady in Blue" supposedly pays “homage to a young, metropolitan woman of color.”

Sadly, "Lady in Blue" is probably the best of Tschabalala Self's mediocre efforts and doesn't seem to represent anything more than the extremely exaggerated and sexualized women drawn in underground comics by artist Robert Crumb since the late 1960s.

"The Fight"  (left) and "Angelfood McSpade" (right) by Robert Crumb.
"The Fight" (left) and "Angelfood McSpade" (right) by Robert Crumb.

If Londoner's don't like "Lady in Blue," I can't wait to hear what the have to say about the forthcoming plinth-occupier, "Untitled," by Andrea Ursula:

Romanian-American artist Andra Ursuta's 'Untitled' will follow Self in 2028.jpg
"Untitled," as unimaginative, shapeless and laudable as current British politics.

"Untitled" happens to bear a resemblance to the funny amorphous alien character Yaphit (voiced by Norm MacDonald) in the TV series "The Orville," but the only funny thing about "Untitled" is that some consider it art.

Yaphit.jpg
Yaphit

If the Brits had any sense, they'd display a statue with real meaning that portends the future for Londoners and the woke U.K. as a whole. I nominate a slightly modified version of Friedrich Kunath's "Tropical Depression."

Tropical Depression by Friedrich Kunath 2.jpg
"Suicide by Wokeness."

"Suicide By Wokeness" by Colonel Obyezana

Watering the tree to hang Western Civilization through hideous political trash deemed "art" in a public square commemorating a great moment in defense of Western Civilization.

Wikipedia:

Trafalgar Square's name commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar, the British naval victory in the Napoleonic Wars over France and Spain that took place on 21st October 1805 off the coast of Cape Trafalgar.

Admiral Horatio Nelson was outnumbered, with 27 British ships of the line to 33 allied ships including the largest warship in either fleet, the Spanish Santísima Trinidad. To address this imbalance, Nelson sailed his fleet directly at the allied battle line's flank, hoping to break the line into pieces.
... The plan worked almost perfectly; Nelson's columns split the Franco-Spanish fleet in three, isolating the rear half from Villeneuve's flag aboard Bucentaure.

... The tactic exposed the leading ships in the British lines to intense fire from multiple ships as they approached the Franco-Spanish lines. Nelson's own HMS Victory led the front column and was almost knocked out of action. Nelson was shot by a French musketeer during the battle, and died shortly before it ended. Villeneuve was captured along with his flagship Bucentaure. He attended Nelson's funeral while a captive on parole in Britain.

Nelson's Column located in Trafalgar Square

Are the 'Ladies in Blue', set on plinths encircling Nelson's Column, celebrants of a funeral pyre of Western Civilization, at taxpayer's expense? The forthcoming plinth-occupier, "Untitled," by Andrea Ursula is an anti-historical, mocking homage of Trajan's Column.

Will Western Civilization stop watering the tree of Wokeness before it hangs us?

Taxation without representation again

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/19/2024, 11:10 am
The statue is Friedrich Kunath's "Tropical Depression." I just added some elements to it for this post.

I still like my 'Monument to Free Cheese' concept I proposed some time ago, which was to be erected in Oklahoma upon the election of a mayor who had pledged to build it. I am willing to offer this concept to London at no cost.

On the other hand, there still are way more statues in the Motherland than there are places that would want them. Given the high tensions evident in the photo, it might help if Londoners were to adopt one or two to fulfill their aesthetic requirements.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/25/2024, 5:18 pm
jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/19/2024, 11:10 am
The statue is Friedrich Kunath's "Tropical Depression." I just added some elements to it for this post.

Your added elements made the post yours. The sky was why storm cellars exist in Texazistan.

Red Square wrote:
3/26/2024, 7:53 pm
I still like my 'Monument to Free Cheese' concept I proposed some time ago, which was to be erected in Oklahoma upon the election of a mayor who had pledged to build it. I am willing to offer this concept to London at no cost.

On the other hand, there still are way more statues in the Motherland than there are places that would want them. Given the high tensions evident in the photo, it might help if Londoners were to adopt one or two to fulfill their aesthetic requirements.

These statues must be preserved together, just as they are standing on individual plinths, pointing in every direction. ‘Crowd of Communists’ could go on tour, like flat Fatima.

Sorry Oklahoma wasn’t ready for serious art.