The Coming Green Tsunami

As a record breaking cold front envelops the United States, another front is picking up steam in Washington D.C.: The 'global warming' front.

Despite the record-breaking extreme cold that is freezing the Midwest and dropping temperatures close to 50 below in spots, https://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/extremes/2009-01-13-cold-blast_N.htmthe incoming Obama administration continues to appoint, enlist and enable global warming warriors in the highest echelons of government.

In opening remarks at her confirmation hearing for Secretary of State on Tuesday, Hillary promised that she would shape foreign policy that would fight climate change. “At the extreme it threatens our very existence. But well before that point, it could well incite new wars of an old kind over basic resources – like food, water and arable land.”

Like her long time colleague Rahm Emanuel, Hillary knows how to make the most of a crisis, either real or manufactured. With her old slogan 'for the children' worn from overuse, Hillary has jumped aboard the global warming bandwagon, astutely recognizing that labeling an issue or policy 'green' will virtually ensure speedy passage and unlimited funding.

Ditto for the nominations of Lisa Jackson to be administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and Nancy Sutley to be chairman of the Council on Environmental Quality. Jackson tells the committeethat cutting emissions of toxic chemicals and pollution that contribute to global warming will be among the new administration's top environmental goals.

Steven Chu, President-elect Barack Obama's pick to be U.S. energy secretary, said Tuesday that he will tackle the threat of global warming by seeking a cap-and-trade systemto cut greenhouse gas emissions, which would require power plants, oil refineries and other industrial facilities to buy and sell pollution permits to spew global warming emissions. Translation: redistribution of wealth from wealthy countries to poor countries.

Even GOP Governorshave signed on to the green agenda, urging their congressionalcolleagues to start the new Congress with unprecedented dedication toaddressing global warming.

The green tsunami is about to sweep America. The chairman of a key committee promises to move “quickly and decisively” to push legislation curbing greenhouse gases with a goal of passing climate legislation out of his committee before Memorial Day.”

Bureaucrats at the EPA are chomping at the bit, eagerly paving the way for more regulation over ever increasing segments of the economy by seeking to have water vapor classified as a pollutant. This would result in government control over such common activities as watering the lawn, or using a hot tub or swimming pool. Even breathing.

Imagine, the government could soon regulate any conceivable activity under the rubric of either harming the environment or endangering national security.

Taking a cue from the Feds, cities across the nation are eagerly anticipating the imminent green tsunami, with Madison, Wisconsin leading the pack. Currently under consideration in Madison, are new zoning regulations - needed...

- https://rightbias.com/News/011509green.aspx

Comrade nancyv

Good article. Global warming has my dog's waters bowls frozen solid. I'm down here in southern NC. Coldest temperatures since 1977.

No matter though. Contrary to scientific and obvious evidence, global warming remains the catch-all problem. If it's hot it's global warming. If it's cold it's global warrming etc.

Besides it's all Bush's fault. He's got this secret weather machine and he's behind it all. Caused Katrina and everything else.

Actually comrades, since the weather refuses to cooperate with our propaganda machine, the term "Global Warming" has been purged in favor of the more generalized and ambiguous term "Climate Change."

However, you will note that even if the issue becomes global cooling, the officially accepted solution remains the same: shutdown industry, raise a carbon tax and redistribute the wealth.

Welcome to the Cube, Nancy. We have been receiving your excellent email dispatches for quite a while, and now you have become a full-fledged People's Cube member!

We trust you keep your proletarian shovel in good repair, displayed prominently on the wall of your hovel right next to your hammer and your sickle. It may become handy while implementing the new grand vision of rebuilding the country's progressive infrastructure, statuary projects, and erecting world's largest Obama Dam across the Potomac River.

Keep the Cube rolling!
Red Square

{microphone off}
This baloney will certainly help the economy, which we know is St. Barack of Obama's NUMBER ONE priority as well as the jackasses in Congress. Can all of these people really be that clueless? YES THEY CAN!

Image While I am loathe to suggest using the courts to fight this, I'm starting to think that lawsuits might be the only route. Quite simply, if "true believers" are unwilling to debate or offer any hard evidence to back up their claims, let 'em prove it in court. Let Hansen and his acolytes present empirical evidence to back their claims. Since the "science is settled", let's have them prove it in the one arena that liberals love so much.

Comrades,

ATTENTION! please read this link everyone. This is the real story on the Global Climate Change Hoax!

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscor ... 74742.html

I have been breathing out a pollutant for my 39 years? How on earth can I ever hope to earn the carbon credits to cover that?

Got that beat DDR. 59 and counting. Guess I'll just have to report to the nearest Euthanasia Retirement Center for processing when they open up. On second thought, when they start rationing health care I'll be history anyway.

Great Article Che Gourmet. I followed this subject with great interest from the 50's on and that Article told the story perfectly.

Just another glorious move of CHope by our Obamasiah.

Commissar_Elliott wrote:Just another glorious move of CHope by our Obamasiah.

I moved a chope this morning. Climate change is real though! Last night it was dark and cold, and this morning it was light and warmer. The climate changed within mere hours!

Absolutly Comrade7.62. If we weren't in a climate crisis, we wouldn't have any change in temperature, and it would be stable enough for all the seasoned senior citizens to go outside and enjoy their AARP benefits.

Oh yes...climate change was a lot more drastic this past month. -50 one week, 50 above the next, now it's back down to -20. But still warmer than a few weeks ago.