Dear Leader Has Spoken: We Must Obey

Yes, it has happened again. Another letter from Dear Leader to just me. I'm so exuberant that I must post this and share it with the PeopleTM as directed. By the way, this is the entire original, unedited, unstruck-through text...

Good Morning,

Yesterday, Judge Sonia Sotomayor made her opening statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee and moved another step closer to taking a seat on the United States Supreme Court. In case you missed it, watch the video of her opening statement here:

As President, there are few responsibilities more serious or consequential than the naming of a Supreme Court Justice, so I want to take this opportunity to tell you about the qualifications and character that informed my decision to nominate Judge Sotomayor.

Judge Sotomayor's brilliant legal mind is complemented by the practical lessons that can only be learned by applying the law to real world situations.

In the coming days, the hearings will cover an incredible body of work from a judge who has more experience on the federal bench than any incoming Supreme Court Justice in the last 100 years. Judge Sotomayor's professional background spans our judicial system — from her time as a big-city prosecutor and a corporate litigator, to her work as a federal trial judge on the U.S. District Court, and an appellate judge on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

And then there is Judge Sotomayor's incredible personal story. She grew up in a housing project in the South Bronx — her parents coming to New York from Puerto Rico during the Second World War. At the age of nine, she lost her father, and her mother worked six days a week just to put food on the table. It takes a certain resilience and determination to rise up out of such circumstances, focus, work hard and achieve the American dream.

This character shined through in yesterday's opening statement: Watch the video.

In Judge Sotomayor, our nation will have a Justice who will never forget her humble beginnings, will always apply the rule of law, and will be a protector of the Constitution that made her American dream and the dreams of millions of others possible. As she said so clearly yesterday, Judge Sotomayor's decisions on the bench "have been made not to serve the interests of any one litigant, but always to serve the larger interest of impartial justice."

In anticipation of today's first round of questioning, I hope you'll share this email widely, because Judge Sotomayor's confirmation is something that affects every American. It's important for these hearings to be about Judge Sotomayor's own record and her capacity for the job — not any political back and forth that some in Washington may use to distract you. What members of the Judiciary Committee, and the American people, will see today is a sharp and fearless jurist who does not let powerful interests bully her into breaking from the rule of law.

Thank you,

Barack Obama

I denounce Komissar Blogunov for getting personal letters from our Dear Leader when I don't.

In fact, not only does Dear Leader ignore me....ME! He instead sends lackeys in dark suits with sunglasses and badges to visit me at my dacha.

I demand an equal measure of respect.

I denounce Obama's lackeys in dark suits for not including the Revolutionary Guard in their visits to Comrade Whoopie's dacha. Clearly they did not get memo #456-66-fu-99732.2 revision A.

Comrade Whoopie, do you have anything interesting worth redistributing? Perhaps I'll add your place on the regular list of places to visit.

{off}

I've never seen so little said with so much text. See what happens when the teleprompter dies?

As she said so clearly yesterday, Judge Sotomayor's decisions on the bench "have been made not to serve the interests of any one litigant, but always to serve the larger interest of impartial justice."

Translation:

She will uphold the law. The law of wealth redistribution, to be more precise. That's one Wise Latina™, Comrades!!!

Hail the Obamessiah™ !!!

--

Colonel 7.62 wrote:Comrade Whoopie, do you have anything interesting worth redistributing? Perhaps I'll add your place on the regular list of places to visit.

Why yes comrade, I'll gladly share half the beets I halve.

I liked how both links are the same, as the reader's stupidity was assumed by the author. Also, we must beware lest we be mislead or distracted by Back and Forth, or past statements and rulings that reveal her judicial philosophy.

Colonel 7.62 wrote: {off}

I've never seen so little said with so much text. See what happens when the teleprompter dies?

Clearly the teleprompter has been repaired, as there were no "uh, mmmm, aaaaahhh"'s in the letter. Maybe the brilliant gibberaty Gibbs wrote it for him.

The entire hearing is a distraction to keep our feeble minds off health care "reform" which Stretch Pelosi has promised The One she will accomplish before the end of August.

Comrades, do you not see that this enters a new level? A Lifetime movie as confirmation hearing?

All we needed was Ms. Sotomayor looking stricken at the camera, perhaps with her palm out, warding off an imagined blow, and a throbbing chord and a voice-over, deep male throbbing voice, "Against all odds, she got an education with only one parent."

Puhlease. My father's father died when he was a senior in high school. His mother never worked. She had four boys who in general sent her $25 a month to add to her $68 a month social security. In the late 40s and 50s that was a lot more. My father worked his way through college, with a job in Alpine, and hitch-hiked back to Pecos in the weekends to work a job here, because it paid more.

And you know what? It strengthened his character instead of making him a "champion for social justice" or whatever the soup du jour bullshit is.