Teenagers get the vote and go David Hogg wild

Teenagers get the vote, disarm the adults, and act like teenagers; i.e. arrogant, know-it-all, self-absorbed tyrants.

the new boss.jpg
Max Frost, a 22-year-old rock musician (Christopher Jones, star of the short-lived TV series “The Legend of Jesse James”), dupes a pandering, 37-year-old senator (Hal Holbrook, hair combed over his forehead in the style of Robert Kennedy's) into supporting an amendment that would lower the voting age to 14. Benefiting from this newly enfranchised electorate, as well as a bit of LSD in the drinking water, Max himself takes power, putting everyone over 35 in New Age re-education camps.

The perpetually smirking Mr. Jones offers an amusing impersonation of James Dean doing Hitler. But the movie's high point is a scene where Diane Varsi, playing the most zonked member of Max's entourage (which includes a young Richard Pryor), addresses Congress as if from the stage of the Fillmore. Wearing a bicorn hat and lazily shaking her tambourine, she giggles that “America's greatest contribution has been to teach the world that getting old is such a drag.”

Although the movie's pop-star-run-amok premise is similar to that of the British filmmaker Peter Watkins's more sober “Privilege,” released in the United States during the summer of 1967, Mr. Thom might well have been inspired by the Doors singer Jim Morrison, who for several years had been performing “When the Music's Over” with its cri de coeur ending: “We want the world and we want it… Nah-ow-OW!!!”

NYT Movie Revue

Every David Hogg's wet-dream.

Comrades over 65,

If you consider watching the Youtube "Trailer" for this 1968 Hollywood epic be sure to have at least one quart of beet vodka close at hand - you'll need it. Also, I'm making room for an additional dozen or more comrades in my new and improved "Safer-Space" just in case. We'll have bears, soft rubber toys, and mental health councilors on standby.

CC

Captain Craptek wrote:Comrades over 65,

If you consider watching the Youtube "Trailer" for this 1968 Hollywood epic be sure to have at least one quart of beet vodka close at hand - you'll need it.

Dude Comrade Squirrel --

I realize that rodents don't remember as far back as humans, so this is just a gentle reminder, not a denouncement:

Do you realize that all of us who were young and teen / 20-something when that movie came out --

ARE over 65 now?

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:Comrades over 65,

If you consider watching the Youtube "Trailer" for this 1968 Hollywood epic be sure to have at least one quart of beet vodka close at hand - you'll need it.

Dude Comrade Squirrel --

I realize that rodents don't remember as far back as humans, so this is just a gentle reminder, not a denouncement:

[highlight=#ffff00]Do you realize that all of us who were young and teen / 20-something when that movie came out --

ARE over 65 now?[/highlight]

[highlight=#ffff00]Yes,[highlight=#ffffff] some of us are WAY over[/highlight][/highlight] - and as such, not in the best physical condition - hence, the warning! There's nothing like a bottle of day old beet vodka to stave off a sudden heart attack.

Captain Cardio Craptek

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Do you realize that all of us who were young and teen / 20-something when that movie came out --

ARE over 65 now?

Not me. I'm still a teenager.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Do you realize that all of us who were young and teen / 20-something when that movie came out --

ARE over 65 now?

(Raising hand excitedly like in school on that rare occasion when you actually DO know the answer) Me too!

I must add that being put out to pasture with a "mandatory retirement age of 30 psyched out on LSD" sounds preferable to what the Weather Underground had in store for undesirables in the version of "Wild In the Streets" they were planning. Even though their plans were spoiled at the time they did get to have 8 years just recently to get things back in motion.

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:
$.$. Halliburton wrote:

ARE over 65 now?

(Raising hand excitedly like in school on that rare occasion when you actually DO know the answer) Me too!

Do they really understand what they are stating?

Note: This image is not Photoshopped!

Sign.jpg