93-year old pleads for more beer during coronavirus lockdown

I considered adding this post to the Coronavirus: The Lighter Side of Life thread, but I think it deserves a thread all its own.

A 93-year-old woman made a hilarious plea from the window of her Pennsylvania home, begging for an essential supply of beer during coronavirus lockdowns, according to a report.

Olive Veronesi.jpg

Olive Veronesi was snapped holding up a Coors Light can and a whiteboard saying, “I need more beer!!” at her home in Seminole, news station KDKA reported.

Beer Ration Cards to dispense State Government Supply of Tobacco, Beer, & Alcohol products are being printed by essential staff at The People's Pennsylvania State Press today.

jackalopelipsky wrote:Beer Ration Cards to dispense State Government Supply of Tobacco, Beer, & Alcohol products are being printed by essential staff at The People's Pennsylvania State Press today.

[OFF]

As you know, I'm on the ground here in the Keystone State. I wouldn't be surprised if they started doing that.

Right now we have indefinite shutdown orders and indefinite statewide stay-at-home orders. You can officially leave the house if you're getting groceries, gas, beer from a beer distributor, wine directly from the vintner, takeout from a restaurant, going for a walk, or going to work in a field deemed essential. Aren't supposed to visit other people or do anything else, but I've already seen this violated a couple dozen times.

Although now you can order liquor and wine online from the state, if you win the lottery for online ordering because the state store mail-order system was never designed for this level of demand.

EDIT: I also found out that you can order wine online from certain places. I'm gonna be blowing a LOT of money on this option!

[OFF]

On the state-by-state declaration of essential activities, the governor of Texas flat-out declared that anything to do with guns and booze was essential business in his state.

They even allowed bars and restaurants the option to have take out alcohol and delivery adult drinks. Of course, the insides of the bars and restaurants are closed. My local steak house's parking lot is nearly full every day. The wait staff is outside like masked and gloved car hops.

The gun range behind my house is booming. You have to observe social distancing guidelines along with fire arms safety protocols—the addition of Wuhan-media flu PPE is still optional.

It did take an extra week or so before Governor Abbott put church services on the same essential footing as bullets and booze. There was only one week when dozens of churches in large Democrat counties had to meet illegally—some did, and local law officers turned a blind eye. It doesn't look good to Texans when you hand cuff the local preacher man for preaching.

Uh... no. It was Coors Light.

Not actual beer.

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Uh... no. It was Coors Light.

Not actual beer.

Miss Olive drinks Coors Light as she wants to keep her girlish figure...

Antonio Salazarinski wrote:
Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Uh... no. It was Coors Light.

Not actual beer.

Miss Olive drinks Coors Light as she wants to keep her girlish figure...

[OFF]

She isn't gonna do it with Coors Light! A guy I know, the only beer he drinks is Coors Light, and he has at least a 45-50 inch waist!