Ben Bernanke: Snake oil salesman!

Image From The Political Commentator

Watching Ben Bernanke answer questions am I the only one who thinks he sounds as if he is just throwing s--t against the wall hoping that something will stick!

(Because the lemmings (business news pundits) in his audience just seem to listen and nod)

To date the aforementioned s--t that I speak of is comprised by QE1, QE2, QE3, Operation Twist and whatever name they give to his announcement today.

And so far, nothing has worked as is typified by an unemployment rate that drops only because people have lost hope and have given up!

In any event, all of us have known "that" one salesman who tries every gimmick and plays every angle in order to put as much into the pipeline as possible hoping it will all close when in reality very little of it ever will.

Ben Bernanke is that salesman who is expanding the Fed balance sheet to a point at which it will be impossible to reverse and still nothing in the economy really improves.

At the same time government borrowing spikes higher with treasury debt outstanding now at a point where the country cannot afford to pay for that debt were yields ever to revert to historically "normal" rates. Therein lies the Fed Chairman's true quandary.

He warns us about the dangers of Washington kicking the can down the road when it comes to "solving" the fiscal cliff but, if any agreement is actually put together, the people we unfortunately are forced to call our leaders will do exactly that kicking because politicians are politicians.

Bottom line - Ben Bernanke is an academic who will continue to try his Ivory Tower methodologies to get us out of the mess that we are in, and we can only hope that he is better in the future than the unmitigated failure that he has been in the past!

Comrade 1 - I'm afraid I must denounce the above article. Mr. Bernanke is ultimately the source of all free stuff, and we don't want to get on his bad side.

There is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of high quality Snake Oil for what ails you, from time to time.

halthouse1,

How dare you endanger my quality supply of Snake Oil! It has made me the ma... wom... person I am today. I am also investing in the more equal Chinese Bonds and if Benny does not continue to BS educate the masses in korrect demand side economics the Chinese would righlty want their money back.

Comrade_Androgynov wrote:halthouse1,

How dare you endanger my quality supply of Snake Oil! It has made me the ma... wom... person I am today. I am also investing in the more equal Chinese Bonds and if Benny does not continue to BS educate the masses in korrect demand side economics the Chinese would righlty want their money back.
Never fear comrade Androgynov, If you look closely at the bottle benny is holding it is the cheap XXX rethugglikan brand.I too enjoy a snort of snake oil with my beets and vodka, it gives you an extra kick on these long cold dark glorious winter nights in the great kingdom of next tuesday, Amerkkia!

I understood that, like the obamatax, the snake oil was not to be taken orally ....
enem1.jpg

Anyer Marx wrote:I understood that, like the obamatax, the snake oil was not to be taken orally ....
enem1.jpg
Ah yes, the glories of Next tuesday never cease!

Anyer Marx wrote:I understood that, like the obamatax, the snake oil was not to be taken orally ....
enem1.jpg
What a wonderful prospect! All praise to the O for next Tuesday!