"Can't we all just get along?"

A minor complaint here. I retired on the last day of 2020, therefor, I began the Josef Stolen misadministration on a fixed income. 

A bit of backstory on myself, I'm a military brat, the son of a career enlisted avionics technician, consequently I grew up around fast jet airplanes. The military air bases were my hometown, and the jet fighters that flew from them caught my imagination.

As a young'n, I bought American manufactured model kits, slapping them together as kids do. As a teen, I discovered model clubs and adults who did a much more convincing job. Times changed and US kit makers gave way to Japanese kits. In the 80s, Korean kits became a thing. In the late 90s and early 2000s, Chinese kit were all the rage, although purists complained about accuracy issues.

Most recently, it's been former eastern bloc Warsaw Pact countries like Czechoslovakia, Poland, Russia and Ukraine.

My recent build of of a 1970s Hasegawa re-issue of their B-17F with Aeromaster "nose art" decals.
My recent build of of a 1970s Hasegawa re-issue of their B-17F with Aeromaster "nose art" decals.

IMG_0538.JPG
A smattering of newer kits from Ukraine.

It's not earth-shattering to most, but it's something I enjoy, just like some guys make intricate fly fishing lures, or tinker in a wood shop, I build plastic models.

But here's the rub, the plastic is an oil product, there's one strike against it. Throw in the uniparty funded idiotic war and Josef Stolen's supply chain disasters, taxation, the spiraling price of everything and kits of subjects I've dreamed of for decades are nearly unattainable on a retirees budget, and take forever and a day to arrive from across the pond, if I can scrape together dough to buy one.

I finally have irrefutable proof that democrats are the worlds all-time champion fun suckers...

Dagnab it, now I have to denounce myself...

Democrats can't let you do that, UberDave.

Clearly you must migrate to a nation that trades Military Flight Models with Russia, China, or North Korea. Of, course purchase and assembly of the not actual size boxed models for hobbyiest in Russia, China, or North Korea will result in general charges of espionage, ending in abrupt loss of fun in tragic proportions.

If it wasn't for khat chewin', charged caffeine KoolAide drinking Democrats, protesting your existence, things would be so much better. Your story reminds 'pelipsky of an Austin Capitol story. There was an "event" to make known to the Legislature of Texazistan there was some cost saving legislation in "committee" that we knew about. So, a group of us met at the Capitol to make known our request that these cost saving ideas be moved out of committee to be debated and voted upon.

Jackalopelipsky drove a van load of comrades to attend. Also attending were a group of khat chewin', face painted, charged caffeine Koolaide drinkin' Democrats, complete with Indian drums of intolerance marching around the Capitol. The line of tour busses of transportation for these Democrats, idled on the Avenues surrounding the Capitol. Having completed our request to the legislature, we made our way back to the visitor convenient Capitol Parking Garage. When 'pelipsky said, "Thank you", when the khat chewin' troll in the ticket booth handed back the change, our group was told to get our sh*t, and get out of here. We complied, and went for lunch at Abel's on the Lake, to continue our fun.

The face painted, khat chewin', charged caffeine Koolaide drinkin' Unipartettes are still themselves, but we don't care, anymore. Let it be known that the same comrades in attendance of this past "event", have accomplished something.

The Party™ of Texazistan is the 2nd largest RED political convention this side of the CPC. The CPC will have their khat chewin', face painted, charged caffeine Kool Aide of Sanctuary volunteer day laborers beating their indiginous war drums of intolerance, still trying to troll us out.

Somehow, 'pelipsky thinks gettin' told to get our Red Party Revolutionary sh*t outta here, is too little, too late.

https://texasscorecard.com/podcasts/an- ... t-rinaldi/

All 'pelipsky hears from the khat chewers is lalalalalalala!

Kommissar Uberdave wrote:
5/9/2024, 8:47 pm
Image A bit of backstory on myself, I'm a military brat, the son of a career enlisted avionics technician, consequently I grew up around fast jet airplanes. The military air bases were my hometown, and the jet fighters that flew from them caught my imagination.

As a young'n, I bought American manufactured model kits, slapping them together as kids do. As a teen, I discovered model clubs and adults who did a much more convincing job. Times changed and US kit makers gave way to Japanese kits. In the 80s, Korean kits became a thing. In the late 90s and early 2000s, Chinese kit were all the rage, although purists complained about accuracy issues.

Most recently, it's been former eastern bloc Warsaw Pact countries like Czechoslovakia, Poland, Russia and Ukraine.

It's not earth-shattering to most, but it's something I enjoy, just like some guys make intricate fly fishing lures, or tinker in a wood shop, I build plastic models.

You may find this of interest. It's an actual East German communist propaganda film attempting to paint the scale modeling industry as fascist war-mongerers.

Is there nothing the left won't do to throw a wet blanket on all things fun?

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
5/10/2024, 9:39 pm
Kommissar Uberdave wrote:
5/9/2024, 8:47 pm
Image A bit of backstory on myself, I'm a military brat, the son of a career enlisted avionics technician, consequently I grew up around fast jet airplanes. The military air bases were my hometown, and the jet fighters that flew from them caught my imagination.

You may find this of interest. It's an actual East German communist propaganda film attempting to paint the scale modeling industry as fascist war-mongerers.

Is there nothing the left won't do to throw a wet blanket on all things fun?

I never knew, the East German communists seemed determined to out communist the Soviets. You may recall the 1961 Billy Wilder film "One, Two, Three..." and it's description of the East German Secret Police as "some were obnoxious and rude, others were rude and obnoxious."

It was comical to see the East Germans attack the the plastic model industry in its infancy. The video dates itself by its focus on Aurora and Lindberg, pioneers in the industry. By all accounts, Paul Lindberg was a swell guy, yet those cretins demonized him. 

Lindberg outlived the East German regime by decades, © Round 2 Corp, LLC. bought the Lindberg Line molds and presses re-releases at a prolific rate. Currently, only a few  Hobbylinc.com carries some 40 to 50 Lindberg kit because their nostalgic value and some of their 1/48th scale 1950s jet kits are still the best available for those particular subjects and, with some skill and elbow grease, the can be turned into a fantastic model.

Lindberg started something with those "Lindy Loony" kits. Officially, Lindberg and Aurora went out of business in the early 1970s but their molds were bought out by current companies like Atlantis, Polar Lights and they've been reproducing many of those kits for a few years.

I was once a member of IPMS USA, contrary to popular opinion, it does not stand for I Pity My Self, it's International Plastic Modelers Society. I had to drop my membership because I only rarely got a day off from work, now that I'm retired I may rejoin. I found a rather lengthy video of the 2023 convention contest in San Marcos Texas. Hosted by IPMS USA Alamo Squadron, it ran the gamut of subject matter mostly made from the wide assortment of kits available.

One can only wonder what the East German communists woulda thought about that video, though some of the model shows in their own backyard can be even more outrageous...