Climate Envoy John Kerry: We Need to Spur the Transition to Green Shipping

Joe Biden’s Climate Czar John Kerry said the US needs to transition to Green Shipping.

John Kerry.jpg

Lives are at stake, and our ocean touches every single aspect of our lives, from the air we breathe to the food we eat,” said Kerry.

John Kerry is the perfect person to be in charge of reducing carbon emissions since he owns multiple mansions, a $7,000,000 yacht and flies only in private jets except for photo-ops.

Sure, let's return the those heady days of sailing cargo ships, and hunting whales for oil to light our lamps at night. After all, why take days or a few weeks to cross an ocean when we can spend months doing it!

Modern Sailing Cargo Ship.jpeg

Maybe they can dig out some of Donald McKay's designs...

Donald McKay.jpg

Here is Donald McKay's Flying Cloud that set the New York to San Francisco record on her maiden voyage in 1851 of 89 days and 21 hours (June 2 to August 31) that stood for 135 years.

Donald MacKays Flying Cloud.jpg

As Captain Kerry has a mansion on Nantucket, maybe he will use his boat to hunt for whale oil?

Ahab-Moby-Dick.jpg

Tsk tsk - hunting whales is wrong! Greenpeace says so. I'd suggest something kinder and gentler made from creatures we don't care about.

I have a great idea: we could power our lamps using Snake Oil ™! Green, renewable, sustainable, uh uh enviro-friendly, um ... all-natural, animal-testing free, organic, ...

I'm forming a non-profit and applying for federal grants right now to get me some green energy credits or carbon cryptodollars or whatever.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

Can we PLEASE bring back the glorious title Agrarian Reformer?  

I can hardly wait for the revered Climate Czar (aren’t Czars supposed to be a bad thing?  I get so confused.) to first declare that Air Travel, except for deserving ever so equal Progs such as his august self, to be forbidden.  For the Children™, of course.  Then private automobiles, even the vaunted EVs, will have to go to Save the Planet™.  At that point we will be reduced to ox drawn cart for transporting goods from coast to coast.  Assuming that is allowed.  The journey will only take the better part of a year.  

Oh, I have one more request.  Since we are devolving, would it be possible to utilize the Missouri Model™ for any future internal conflicts within the USSA?  During the last great all USSA all the time conflict Missouri was the number one meat grinder.  More unit on unit actions than any other theater of that special time.  This was due to the homogeneous mixture of those committed to the various sides in most of the state.   Neighbor fighting neighbor will take everyone’s mind off the increasing famine.  

The GWONT looks like a blast from the past.  Let the games begin.

Ready to make the most of it in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

The ancient trireme, complete with American helot rowers to “serve the ship,” could be the history we don’t know, but are doomed to repeat in Climate Shipping. Either that, or swiftboat Kerry has been hitting the Cutty Sark.

Maybe we'll all return to bicycles as our main form of transportation?

However, there are few of us that can afford an $8,000 bike (in 2004 dollars) like monsieur John Kerry.

John Kerry - Bike.jpg