CO 'two' is dead. Long live CO 'three'

Comrades, as you probably know, Bill Nye and I someone who looks like me marched together in last weekend's People's Science March For the People:

mann-nye.jpg

And by now, most of you are aware of his abjectly embarrassing gloriously Progressive Netflix video proclaiming the next frontier in genetic science:

Bill Nye goes FULL LUNATIC with vulgar transgender music video singing about “moist vagina” and how transgenderism is “evolution”

Well. It has just occurred to me that referring to carbon dioxide as CO "two" is sexist, regressive, and probably capitalist as well. This is going to get a bit complicated, so those of you who've had at least one Jiffy-Lobo can stop reading here. The rest of you who paid attention in Chem101 can probably follow this:

The carbon atom has four valence electrons -- in a shell that wants to have eight. So, carbon has four extra electrons. OR four holes... So carbon is gender-fluid: it can be either a boy OR a girl. Whatever it chooses, Whenever it wants.

But carbon is capable of so many more than two genders. You see, carbon can even bond (i.e., have sex with) itself! In some cases, this produces graphite, which science calls "matter" because it is black, or diamond, which we won't talk about because it is white and therefore privileged.

So -- Down with CO two! There needs to be at least CO three. Or CO fifty-seven. Or, as I propose:

COqueer.jpg

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:... referring to carbon dioxide as CO "two" is sexist, regressive, and probably Capitalist ...
Of course CO2 is - always was - disturbingly sexist! That "2" ...

Just ask Captain Craptek, our squirrel-oriented comrade.
What does a rodent associate with "2", uh? yeah, got it - nuts!

oh wait.. boobs come (typico) also as "2" ...
strange...

Eureka! See? CO2 isn't just sexist, it's super-sexist! All Kollektive hail COqueer !

Genosse Dummkopf wrote: COqueer !

How did you do that, Comrade? That's what I wanted to do in my original post, but had to draw a picture 'coz I couldn't figure out how.

Oh, piffle. Why go through all that elitist chemistry and math and all the other things that The People™ cannot understand, instead of merely pointing out the obvious:

"2" is a binary.
Binaries are bad.
Therefore, "2" is bad.

But wait ... is it not a GOOD thing to say that CO2 is bad? Oh dear, I am all confused again.

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:
Genosse Dummkopf wrote: COqueer !
How did you do that, Comrade? That's what I wanted to do in my original post, but had to draw a picture 'coz I couldn't figure out how.
Comrade(s) - if you see a typo "trick", and a how-the-f•ck? blitzes your brain(s), do this :
1) press QUOTE for the post with "trick" (thusly EDITOR opens, with quote inside)
2) switch to POOR TEXT, find (in HTML-galimatias) the "trick" part, and try* to figure it out.

* as Ober-Komrade Marx taught us : According to your ability (sigh... that's life...).

In our case here, that's the code :
{color=#C0392B}CO{sub}queer{/sub}{/color} . _ (of course with [ .. ] instead of the { .. })

And the essential (subscript) part is : CO{sub}queer{/sub} .

BTW, with CO{sup}queer{/sup} , you get the superscript thingy : COqueer .
(but don't tell it Comradette Clara - it's (gasp!) Math, and she will bust your you-know-what!)

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:... That's what I wanted to do in my original post, but ...
I can feel your pain, Comrade LysenCO(queer)mann ...
Mein Kampf wizh zhat EDITOR isn't over yet, too ... . zhat's life, sigh ...

RedDiaperette wrote:
"2" is a binary.
Binaries are bad.
Therefore, "2" is bad.
Four legs good! Two legs bad!Baa! Baa!

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:... [Carbon] produces graphite, which science calls "matter" because it is black, or diamond ... [which] is white and therefore privileged ...
Which of course also shows how Carbon is really, really People's class enemy :
the black "matter" lumps go to the poor, right? (that hateful "Christmas" and its "Santa" clown!)
yet diamonds, that white "unmatter", they go ‒ of course! class-envy [ON!] ‒ to bankers!

That program to totally de-protonize Carbon is obviously more needed than ever!

RedDiaperette wrote:Oh, piffle. Why go through all that elitist chemistry and math and all the other things that The People™ cannot understand, instead of merely pointing out the obvious:

"2" is a binary.
Binaries are bad.[highlight=#ffff00]
Therefore, "2" is bad.
[/highlight]
But wait ... is it not a GOOD thing to say that CO2 is bad? Oh dear, I am all confused again.

Every man with a dog and a pair of shoes knows this by heart.

Odd that CO2 is considered "bad" as it is a natural byproduct of aerobic metabolism. And since Organic Chemistry is the chemistry of carbon, it is also "organic". Natural and organic are words the left LOVES!! I vote to change CO2 to C3PO.

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Comrades, as you probably know, Bill Nye and I someone who looks like me marched together in last weekend's People's Science March For the People:

mann-nye.jpg

Comrade,

My ADHD only allowed me to read your first sentence and focus on the posted picture. That obviously is not you, because your selfie Avatar clearly shows you with a full head of hair.

Putin_on_the_Ritz

RedDiaperette wrote:Binaries are bad.

If binaries are bad, and computers rely on binaries, then computers are bad?

And 'math' jokes like "There are only 0000 0010 types of people in the world...those that understand binary and those that don't" are bad?

(well, yes the joke is bad, but that isn't the type of bad being discussed, unless the 'bad' means 'bad' as in 'good' which means the original statement that binaries are bad could mean that binaries are good which then means that when discussing gender and stating 'gender being binary is bad' really means that 'gender being binary is good'...darn it, now the voices are arguing again...)

Warren Peas wrote:
RedDiaperette wrote:Binaries are bad.
...darn it, now the voices are arguing again...
huh, that's what you get when working with 0000 0010(2).

had you used 0000 0010(16) instead, then.. uh, but your joke would be ruined, forever.

If Carbon Queeroxide is gender-fluid, then that would alter its chemical properties such as it being pink or blue or rainbow. He/she/it would also have a different affect on the environment. This of course would be determined by the state, and appropriate measures will be taken and deniers arrested.

RedDiaperette wrote:...
"2" is a binary.
Binaries are bad.
Therefore, "2" is bad.

No worry, lobe-liberated Comradette!

Once you really need a deep think, just switch temporarily from your Charles Martel cap to Brainyhat (and there is a lobe there, at the very center!).

Warren Peas wrote:
(well, yes the joke is bad, but that isn't the type of bad being discussed, unless the 'bad' means 'bad' as in 'good' which means the original statement that binaries are bad could mean that binaries are good which then means that when discussing gender and stating 'gender being binary is bad' really means that 'gender being binary is good'...darn it, now the voices are arguing again...)

This should help, comrade, starting around 4:20

- SK