A conspiracy of trolls

By Oleg Atbashian
First published in the American Thinker

Ah, the grand old art of making people hate one another. It's as easy as telling Group A that Group B thinks they're a bunch of lowbrows who wouldn't know culture if it came up and bit them on their mass-market jeans. Then, you flip the script and inform Group B that Group A looks down on them with the kind of disdain usually reserved for unflushed toilets. Don’t even try to use logic; we're dealing in the commodity of raw, unrefined emotions here. Groups C, D, and E may also get involved, depending on the size of the conspiracy theory you’re spinning. Stir the pot, or set the whole kitchen on fire.

Why make people hate one another? Well, it's either because you're the type of person who believes "divide and conquer" is a great strategy for a Tuesday afternoon, or you're nursing a grudge against society so big, it needs its own zip code. Sure, real conspiracies are out there, playing hide and seek. But why not toss a few faux-conspiracies into the mix? It's like adding a little glitter to the dust — distracts the eye while the real dirt gets swept under the rug.

Now, let's take Marxist ideology for a spin. This is a conspiracy theory on steroids, jazzed up with academic jargon. It's a long and winding tale of how, since Adam and Eve decided to binge on a fruit diet, the rich have been conspiring against the poor, inventing such devious instruments of oppression like gods and religion, private property, family, the rule of law, and that pesky thing called morality. Modern remixes include gender, race, ethnicity, and even flipping the bird at different species, climate, and the environment.

So, what's the endgame? You chop up society into neat little groups — A, B, C, and so on. Feed them a steady diet of bile to turn them against each other, with each faction glaring suspiciously at their neighbors as if everyone's scheming to pilfer the biggest slice of the communal pie. And then, with a flourish, you step in as the hero, promising to turn off this horror show if — and only if — they hand you the keys to the kingdom. Classic.

The good old USSR wielded a playbook of divisive tactics so cunning, it could've made Machiavelli blush. They weren't just the masters of the "us vs. them" narrative; they were the grand puppeteers, pulling strings from the IRA to FARC to the PLO. Every terrorist mob and communist outfit — the original "hate groups" — were their marionettes. When hate and violence around the world reached the boiling point, they’d point the finger at capitalist societies and say, "Look, they started it!"

Putin's Russia not only inherited this delightful bag of tricks from the USSR but also gave it a tech-savvy makeover. Behold the infamous "troll factory" in St. Petersburg, a veritable hive of digital discord, with subsidiaries in Venezuela and other client states in various geographical regions. Picture hundreds of thousands of inflammatory social media posts, in every language under the sun, all crafted to whip up a frenzy of hate. To land a gig at that illustrious establishment, you must be able to pretend you're someone you're not, and cook up the juiciest, most divisive tales you can think of.

Remember the 2016 presidential elections? Those trolls were like party crashers on all social media platforms, posing alternatively as Trump and as Hillary supporters, with a mission to paint each side as so utterly ridiculous, so thoroughly despicable, that hate seemed like the only logical response. And let's not forget the cherry on top — the largest and most active BLM page on Facebook, also a Russian troll production. If you thought they called it a day after the election, guess again. These guys are the Energizer bunnies of social strife.

The Internet and social media once seemed like places where everyone would hold hands in digital harmony. But that utopian dream machine quickly devolved into a creepy masquerade where everyone is invited, but nobody knows who's behind the mask. Take Quora.com, for instance. It used to be this cozy global campfire where anyone could toss in a question, and the rest of the world huddled around to offer answers. A digital kumbaya moment, providing hours of delightful, informative banter. Ah, the good old days.

Enter Russian trolls, the ever-enthusiastic interlopers in our global conversation. They are paid to turn even the most innocuous platforms into battlegrounds by planting fake stories and allegations that could start a bar fight in a monastery. They pit whites against blacks, women against men, Europeans against Americans, Christians against atheists, Hispanics against English speakers, homo against hetero, and everyone against the Jews. It's like a twisted game of societal Jenga, where the aim is to pull out the right block and watch everything collapse.

For example, there is one user named "Siayox," with a profile picture right out of Central Casting for "Hipster You'd Least Like to Have a Beer With." This supposedly English-speaking dude describes himself – using his original spelling and grammar – as “Writer, and proud white-man who care about science and logic. With out white-men you wont able enjoy around fancy and save places. [sic]”

The grammatical horror show aside, he poses alternatively as a black boy, a white woman, or a Germanic neo-Nazi, with questions meant to incite anger and contempt. These queries also serve as a place for fellow trolls to spew fake tales of oppression and hurl insults while masquerading as members of various ethnic and religious groups.

What’s the telltale sign of the Russian connection? Amidst the posts meant to demoralize Western societies, there's a recurring theme, a narrative that is as subtle as a sledgehammer and about as nuanced. Of all the world conflicts, and out of the 195 recognized countries in the world, these supposed “Americans” and “Europeans” chose to focus on Ukraine, praising the Russian invasion and branding the dispossessed Ukrainian refugees as "racist Nazis."

Below is a shortened list of Siayox's greatest hits. The full roster is here – a reminder that in the world of online manipulation, nothing is as it seems, and the person behind the keyboard could be anyone, anywhere — churning out discord like it's going out of style.

• I’m a black kid. Do white people hate me?
  • I’m white and I definitely believe that Cleopatra was African American. Why do we get angry about this?
  • Why don’t women just go back to the kitchen?
  • I’m a black man. I believe that Richard III was an African American. Why are white people denying this?
  • I’m white and I dont like Jewish people. Am I racist?
  • I’m black and I wonder when will we get our reparations from white people?
  • I’m a black girl and I believe that Richard III was African American. Why do British people deny this if they have evidence supporting this claim?
  • Why do people say that there's no Nazi and racism in Ukraine while my self as a black person living in Ukraine faced the most disgusting treatments you can ever imagine as a human?
  • Why are many anti-Nazi and non-white countries siding with Russia against "racists" in Ukraine? Why is that? Is it true that Ukrainians are Nazis?
  • As a white Ukrainian refugee, I don’t want to live with blacks. Do you think that the British government should deport them into their countries?
  • I’m a Ukrainian refugee but I don’t want to be around blacks and other inferior ones. Does that make me racist?
  • I’m a white supremacist and support Ukraine. What is wrong with that?
  • Is it appropriate to leave my fourteen-year-old daughter alone with her black stepfather when I go out?
  • I'm a white woman and I'm so sorry, but why do I feel so disgusted when I see someone of another race?
  • I’m a white boy and I feel some kind of superiority over my black mates in school. Where is this coming from?
  • Why do people still deny white superiority with all actual scientific evidences around them?
  • I’m proud being Germanic, man, gentle, and white. Does that offend other races?

This is just one troll. There are many more in this circus where the clowns change masks faster than a chameleon on a kaleidoscope. Some have a better command of English than others, but all of them tend to switch their race, gender, age, or political views depending on the topic. Now he’s a conservative grandpa lamenting women in the military, and moments later he’s a woke college feminist blaming all historical atrocities on white males.

The same spectacle unfolds on Facebook, X-Twitter, and other platforms. Some trolls pose as “crazy liberals,” others as “angry conservatives.” Spotting these shape-shifters isn't always easy, especially when they occasionally echo your own thoughts. A surge of blinding anger upon reading a post is usually a red flag. These posts are crafted to dehumanize, to stir the pot of hatred with a big, invisible spoon. It helps to check their profiles before sharing their musings. Unfortunately, there’s no silver bullet for trolls – even if there was, they’d change their pattern and we’d be left guessing again.

Reading this article may not turn you into a troll-resistant superhero, but it should at least boost your immunity. The next time you see trolls singing your tune, remember that they're not in your fan club. Their mission is to weaken and split us apart as a nation. If they can’t be as good as us, they’d settle for dragging us down to their level. And yes, this is a real conspiracy – not to be confused with the fake ones, often spread by the same trolls.

For an ultimate piece of advice, let's time-travel to pre-Internet Tibet and consult Milarepa, a 12th-century yogi who lived without a smartphone or social media. He warned not to be like the dog that chases every stick thrown its way. Instead, be more like a lion who goes after the thrower. In the world of trolls, being a lion means seeing through the charade and refusing to play the game. Don’t get caught up in every provocation, but focus on the source and understand the intent. Nobody throws a stick at a lion twice.

We optained security camera footage from other troll facilities mentioned above.

I got permanently booted off X for denouncing some "Just Stop Oil" trolls, who then reported me. I don't have to concern myself with trolls now.

Based on the list of topics above, the "Just Stop Oil" trolls may also be "Trump is Hitler" trolls, "Putin is Savior" trolls, "Cleopatra was an African-American Queen" trolls, "Vaccines are Murder" trolls, "Antivaxxers are Murderers" trolls, etc. They bring up all these topics so you don't have to.

Foreign trolls are just doing jobs Americans won't do.

Those who are being lied to won't admit that they're being fooled because their moral pride won't allow them to concede ignorance. That is what trolls feed upon.

...and trolls often start their arguments with "surely you know," followed by a talking point from the most recently updated list of talking points.

Or it could be "everybody knows that...", "you surely don't believe that...", etc. A layman's reaction to that would be mental confusion and the fear of looking foolish, so he defaults to logical fallacies like "the truth is in the middle" or "both sides are guilty."

And the troll wins.

Cruz Bots from the Cruz to President Era were trolls, too. Now they are DeSanctimony Bots and just as troll natured as Cruz Bots, as noted by Tucker Carlson.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/1 ... n-00132523

Must have been to same training camp.

My story was focused on foreign trolls wreking havoc in America while posing as Americans. The rest of the troll universe is too big to be covered in one article, and that would include dedicated political campaign trolls.

That said, Tucker himself often acts like a troll, so this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Shifting his political sympathies toward Trump, then against Trump, then back to Trump is just one such trait. Spreading blatant disinformation is another. Always being on attack, disregarding being caught in a lie, is yet another trait.

Like I said, he may be singing your tune, but he's not necessarily in your fan club.

Red Square wrote:
12/29/2023, 3:44 pm
My story was focused on foreign trolls wreking havoc in America while posing as Americans. The rest of the troll universe is too big to be covered in one article, and that would include dedicated political campaign trolls.

That said, Tucker himself often acts like a troll, so this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Shifting his political sympathies toward Trump, then against Trump, then back to Trump is just one such trait. Spreading blatant disinformation is another. Always being on attack, disregarding being caught in a lie, is yet another trait.

Like I said, he may be singing your tune, but he's not necessarily in your fan club.

Gotcha, Red Square. Noted the Venezuela connection in your original post, which makes sense in ‘pelipsky’s confabulated story about Greta traveling to Guyana to Gorilla Glue herself to The One Highway.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
12/29/2023, 4:39 pm
Red Square wrote:
12/29/2023, 3:44 pm

Gotcha, Red Square. Noted the Venezuela connection in your original post, which makes sense in ‘pelipsky’s confabulated story about Greta traveling to Guyana to Gorilla Glue herself to The One Highway.
I immediately thought of Venezuela when reading the original post. China is doing similar trolling, with their "Belt and Road Initiative". The two most dangerous regimes are currently in serious economic trouble. It does not bode well. Desperate leaders do desperate things to stay in power and rule over desperate people. It's not going to end well.

In a modern-day version of 1984 that would be Winston Smith's job.

Margaret wrote:
12/30/2023, 12:27 am
In a modern-day version of 1984 that would be Winston Smith's job.
Possibly, but I think a 40 year older Winston Smith might need a walker. Aaaaand maybe a few trips per month to the dispensary.

As The People's™ Logistical Engineer, I often encounter Veterans™ of The Struggle™, who inform me how vital it is that they can obtain the Medication™ they need to continue dying living, from the outlets that are the least risky. One has to know the beet fields before one can know where the best beet leaves can be found.

I don't go looking for trolls, they just always lurk around, and there are so many of them.

Here's TYRONE KANG on Quora, an obvious troll with a brown Pepe the Frog in the avartar. He has posted as many as 163 questions, most of them claiming that everything good came from Africa and every prominent person in history was black. Many of them have received thorough answers with pictures by confused people, who can't smell a troll like yours truly can.

This one may not necessarily be an enemy agent, but a troll nonetheless. His greatest hits:
  • Were the original inhabitants of the United Kingdom black and called the Afro-Saxons?
  • Did the government cover up the aliens found at Roswell, New Mexico? They say they were grey, but they were really black.
  • Why doesn't the Mona Lisa depict a black woman? Was Leonardo da Vinci racist?
  • Why aren't the Na'vi in the Avatar films black? Is James Cameron racist?
  • How come Italy never had a black king? Are Italians racist?
  • Was Yuri Gagarin, the first man to go into space, black?
  • Did Elon Musk steal all his ideas and money from black people in Africa?
  • Are the real Ukranians black?
  • Was the entire Qu'ran written by black people?
  • Why aren't Egyptologists or archaeologists required to get approval from the NAACP before they dig in Egypt?
  • Was George Orwell a black man?
  • Did India whitewash Buddhism because they didn't want word to get out that the Buddha was a black man?
  • Is it true that you can't be a true samurai without being black?
  • How come the Catholic Church doesn't canonize Michael Brown as the patron saint of Ferguson?
  • How come Japan has never had a black president? Are the Japanese racist?
From one of his posts - proof that Cleopatra was black.

Cleopatra.jpg

I don' care what the White Mon Say,
Santa Claus was a Black Mon!

I stumbled upon another troll, "Avo Epifanio." Despide the name, he seems genuinely Russian, complete with the ushanka, felt boots, and balalaika. He has posted 214 questions and only 8 answers - usually one-liner stupid insults (posing as a Trump supporter). But his 214 questions are all either about Russia or Trump.

He provokes people to talk about Russia, or to bash Trump - by posting deliberately stupid questions as a Trump supporter. And Trump-haters are only happy to pounce, in order to show their intellectual superiority, not realizing that they are being played.

Sometimes these loaded questions are posted so that another troll (or the same troll under a different handle), can tell a loaded story, creating a fake reality in the heads of the unsuspecting readers. Most often the Q and the A are meant to put someone down or to set someone up for a putdown, in order to antagonize people and groups against one another.

See one such inciting question and read the indignant answers.

Why don’t democrats read books and understand history like Trump supporters?

The first 13 questions on the list:
  • If Putin has an ambitious mind, why doesn't he conquer the USA and make it part of Russia?
  • Why doesn't Biden try to make good relations with Mother Russia like Trump does?
  • Could Mother Russia and the USA have peace?
  • If you ask Trump, would he say he is better than Lincoln as a president?
  • Does Trump plans to make the death penalty for rapists when he is president?
  • Will Trump forgive Democrats for calling him puppet or Putin?
  • Could it take decades before Russia forgives the USA for giving Money to Ukraine?
  • Why isn’t the world grateful for Russia for saving the world from Nazis?
  • Why doesn't Putin blackmail the USA to send mother Russia 100$ billion a month or get nuked?
  • Why doesn't the USA ask protection from Russia so North Korea and China won't attack Americans?
  • How does Trump look confident, strong, healthy, and sharp on his 77th?
  • How can we make sure the USA won’t handcuff and embarrass Trump?
  • Are Democrats thinking they improve America, like the Nazis thought they improve Germany?

See all 214 questions.

The other day, jackalopelipsky added one more Russian Propaganda video to Red Square’s list of Russian Trolls telling Ukraine and USSA, they need to be re-collectisized, because Taylor Swift is useless. Of course, this is something TPC already knew, so no trigger bump stock deal, comrades.

But, the point is ‘pelipsky just added Red Square’s Russian Troll work load. Instead of being a good communist troll identifying pelipsky’s own Troll quota. Check out ‘pelipsky’s catch of Trolls. These mind numbed trolls are controlled by MINORITY Leader HAKEEM Jeffries (D-NY). Trolls, repeating the points MINORITY Leader HAKEEM Jeffries (D-NY) tells them to say to The People through complete journalist moderation. Trolls willing to save democracy from CRAZY MAGA Republicans vowing not to pay salaries to government employees whose work is detrimental to the insane make the USSA great, again agenda!!

https://texasscorecard.com/state/gov-ab ... officials/

What would happen if Mayokas’ Federal Agents weren’t paid to fight Texazistan for defending itself?

Democrat Troll MINORITY Leader HAKEEM Jeffries (D-NY) and his team of House Trolls and Journalist Trolls are told to prevent any answers to that kind of Democratic Party form of government funding.

If you recall, my friend in Brooklyn was running against HAKEEM Jeffries (D-NY) on a MAGA Republican ticket. He got the largest Republican vote in that district in recent history, but ballot harvesting in the projects is still a more effective political tool than reason and common sense.

Duffel Blog gives a perfect summation of the forces at work in the Russian invasion, showing what which side represents.

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/douglas-ma ... uman-souls

ARLINGTON, Va. - Retired U.S. Army Col. Douglas Macgregor insisted in an interview with commentator Tucker Carlson on X (formerly Twitter) that Satan has “perfectly defensible reasons” for waging what Macgregor characterized as “the eternal battle for human souls”. The former senior adviser to the (acting) Secretary of Defense made clear that although he [The Prince of Darkness] had something of a checkered past, what with sentencing humans to eternal hellfire for their misdeeds, Satan had his reasons. “I don’t think I can exaggerate when I say Lucifer was baited into this whole thing. He’s been wronged and unfairly treated by the supreme being who promised that he was the superior being, only to be repeatedly betrayed in having that very same being make mankind—however imperfect—the chosen people. Something has got to give. Satan is only acting in self-defense.” 

Red Square wrote:
1/15/2024, 2:06 pm
Duffel Blog gives a perfect summation of the forces at work in the Russian invasion, showing what which side represents.

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/douglas-ma ... uman-souls

ARLINGTON, Va. - Retired U.S. Army Col. Douglas Macgregor insisted in an interview with commentator Tucker Carlson on X (formerly Twitter) that Satan has “perfectly defensible reasons” for waging what Macgregor characterized as “the eternal battle for human souls”. The former senior adviser to the (acting) Secretary of Defense made clear that although he [The Prince of Darkness] had something of a checkered past, what with sentencing humans to eternal hellfire for their misdeeds, Satan had his reasons. “I don’t think I can exaggerate when I say Lucifer was baited into this whole thing. He’s been wronged and unfairly treated by the supreme being who promised that he was the superior being, only to be repeatedly betrayed in having that very same being make mankind—however imperfect—the chosen people. Something has got to give. Satan is only acting in self-defense.” 

Red Square, this may indicate that a Potemkin Biden anecdote was actually true….

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... e-no-soul/

Texazistan - reputedly God’s territory, freezes over! Current temperature -17.

Red Square wrote:
1/14/2024, 11:49 pm
If you recall, my friend in Brooklyn was running against HAKEEM Jeffries (D-NY) on a MAGA Republican ticket. He got the largest Republican vote in that district in recent history, but ballot harvesting in the projects is still a more effective political tool than reason and common sense.

Yes, jackalopelipsky remembers your friend. Sounds like Brooklyn is ready for the traveling Hand Recount Road Show.

https://www.counties.citizensdefendingf ... is-coming/

We hosted the traveling Hand Recount Roadshow, and are actively demanding hand recount here in Brazos County, Texazistan.

To me as a Florida resident, the "Traveling Hand Recount Roadshow" sounds almost like the "Alligator Wrestling Roadside Show" which is just as risky and may require the counting of everybody's hands afterwards to make sure none is missing.