Dear Leader Buts in on Gun Control

In a brilliant example of President Obama's Constitutional scholarship, in a recent address to the National Urban League in New Orleans regarding the Aurora mass murder case he stated:

I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees the
individual the right to bear arms. That we recognize the traditions of gun
ownership that have been passed on from generation to generation. That hunting
and shooting are part of a ... cherished national heritage. But I also believe
that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of
soldiers and not in the hands of criminals. that they belong on the battlefield
of war, not on the streets of our cities.

Set aside the fact that American soldiers do not carry AK-47s. Set aside the fact that the Aurora shooter did not carry an AK-47. We here at the People's Cube like the AK-47, as it the rifle of choice of the Communist bloc. The important thing here is the "but."

Here a single conjunction opens the door for a nullification of the outdated and obstructionist Consititution and its limits on government powers! We can loose the shackles that bind the Federal Prometheus and allow the titan of government to arise in his glory! Think about the possibilities of limiting these so-called "natural rights" (as if any right was not conferred by government!) by attaching qualifiers and conditionals:

I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees the individual the right to bear arms...but only soldiers sworn to obey my orders should possess really good weapons.

I, like most Americans, believe that the First Amendment guarantees the individual the right to free speech...but the internet should be regulated so that any comment that opposes my viewpoint has to be counterbalanced by the Fairness Doctrine.

I, like most Americans, believe that the First Amendment guarantees the individual the right to freedom of religion...but any government employee shouldn't be allowed to express a religious viewpoint at any time.

I, like most Americans, believe that the Fifth Amendment guarantees the individual the right to be secure in personal liberty, or property...but I need the power to arrest some citizens without warrant and detain them without trial.

What other Constitutional points and enumerated "rights" can we qualify this way, comrades?

I, like most Americans, believe that the Tenth Amendment reserves rights not specified in the Constitution to the states and to the people.... but, come on, both the states and the people need federal oversight and federal regulation to make sure that they exercise those rights in federally approved ways.

Only a pussy ass cracker would use anything other then an AK-47 to educate, or demonstrate our love for, humanity.

I believe in 13th amendment Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.... Unless everyone is submitted

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt*..." My first Platoon Sergeant used to say!

He was a weapons nut too. We fed him to the wolves because of his stupid sayings.
That was long ago.

ahh, good times...

* "When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults...)

You just watch where you're catapulting that cum, there, Tovarichi.

Ivan Betinov wrote:You just watch where you're catapulting that cum, there, Tovarichi.

Oh the IRONY!

Most equally clever, Comrade Beat... Beet.... Say, would you mind pronouncing your last name again for the "learning challenged" of the Internets?

Image thanks...

I, like most Americans, believe that the Thirteenth Amendment prevents the ownership and sale of slaves in the United States...but hiring "Undocumented Workers" who "Do the do the jobs Americans just won't do" but with these terrible economic conditions could very well be persuaded to do them, all the while giving them terrible working conditions, low pay, and the ability to call ICE on them at any point before payment received, all the while pushing a incredibly large emphasis on them not learning how to read or speak the Native tongue effectively, making them prime targets to be taken on a raw deal by less-than-savory types, abused, or put to work/violently assaulted by for "Undocumented Gang Members" with the fear of calling out any of these things to the Police will get you a one-way ticket back to your home country, where the aforementioned "Undocumented Gang Members'" bosses will probably order you and everyone you know and love decapitated, then order your heads be tossed it into a dance club in a US a border town with a warning written in your blood so that other may learn the price they will pay for speaking up is a perfectly acceptable and reasonable thing to do.

So let's put thru a unthought out and ill conceived Executive Order (Constitution be damned) that allows children without records, never mind those that have the best position to report these children for being a "Undocumented Gang Member" won't for fear of getting kicked out themselves to stay without fear.

Oh, if this isn't to your liking, you're obviously just a Xenophobic Redneck whose hates Progress.

I would take this further, Tov, but it would soon degenerate to us looking like a couple of thirteen-year-olds giggling over fart jokes. And the lowest I will go is looking like a fourteen-year-old giggling over fart jokes.

Agreed.

BARKEEP! another Stoli for me and pour one more in the jar with the brain in it!

Ivan, you want beet-fries with that?

I was told there is no "I" in the People's Party. But some Comrades are more equal than us.

Comrade Pistov wrote:I was told there is no "I" in the People's Party.
There are TWO in Tovarichi. Now buy us drinks.