Gays lament not being special anymore, vow return to closet

[img]/images/Gays_Back_to_Closet.jpg[/img]

Historic Day for Gays, but Twinge of Loss for an Outsider Culture (The New York Times)

“Gay is not enough anymore,” said John Waters in his commencement address at the Rhode Island School of Design in May. “Refuse to isolate yourself. Separatism is for losers.”

From Capitol Hill in Seattle to Dupont Circle in Washington, gay bars and nightclubs have turned into vitamin stores, frozen yogurt shops and memories. Some of those that remain are filled increasingly with straight patrons, while many former customers say their social lives now revolve around preschools and playgrounds.

Rainbow-hued “Just Be You” messages have been flashing across Chase A.T.M. screens in honor of Pride month, conveying acceptance but also corporate blandness. Directors, filmmakers and artists are talking about moving past themes of sexual orientation, which they say no longer generate as much dramatic energy.

The Supreme Court on Friday expanded same-sex marriage rights across the country, a crowning achievement but also a confounding challenge to a group that has often prided itself on being different. The more victories that accumulate for gay rights, the faster some gay institutions, rituals and markers are fading out. And so just as the gay marriage movement peaks, so does a debate about whether gay identity is dimming, overtaken by its own success.

That only means we must find a new spectacular victim group, put it up front as cannon fodder, use them as human shields in our unstoppable march towards progress, and discard them after they have fulfilled their historical mission as tools of the revolution.

Profit4TheParty wrote: ...That only means we must find a new spectacular victim group, put it up front as cannon fodder, use them as human shields in our unstoppable march towards progress, and discard them after they have fulfilled their historical mission as tools of the revolution.

You damn fool! They're still victims! The just don't know it. Go into a store. Most of the people there will be dastardly heterosexuals, right? That needs to change so that the majority will be gay. There ae 2 options to fix this problem, one being to have a tore in which only gays can shop or convincing most of the population that they are gay. Also, if the latter option is pursued, Gay people can finally place restrictions upon straight people, and then the gays will net be victims anymore. I propose that a Gay KKK be invented to go out and lynch straight people for all of the trouble and death they have caused of gay people. They deserve to die.

So, the plan is simple: Redefine what it means to be gay in small, subtle bits until the majority accepts themselves as gay. This will also help the cause of Revolution a it will abolish the idea of the family unit as being the building block of society and will, instead, place the Holy, All-Powerful, All-Knowing State as the building block of society.

The article is a capitalistic trick trying to discourage LGBT from continuing as is.

Have found new group, Comrades. Obviously festival will commence after the sun goes down... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 49524.html

Guess the Sun's goin' down on GLTBTR, or, whatever they say they are.

I think I'm gonna bust out cryin'. Sniff, sniff.

Pamalinsky wrote:Guess the Sun's goin' down on GLTBTR, or, whatever they say they are.

I think I'm gonna bust out cryin'. Sniff, sniff.

I looked up "LGBT acronym". The longest example I found was, and I shit you not:

LGBT(GGGGBTTTTQIAAAAAPPOODSSCTB)

Comrade Stierlitz,

You have to be kidding. Really? (Sigh!) I just can't keep up. (Sigh!) Now I'm gonna bust out cryin' again.