Gone like the Wind

Comrades, the oppressive and racist white male training film Gone With The Wind is being pulled.

I propose that 13 academy awards from 1940 must be melted down and deleted from the history books like statues of Robert E. Lee, as they celebrate Confederate life.

Gone.jpg

Except the award for Hattie McDaniel, who played "Mammy", the first African American Woman nominated for and winning an academy award.

Black Awards Matter.

Oh dear,.... oh dear,...... Gone With The Wind is gone with the wind?!............................

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:CNN has caught up with the People's Cube...

It Turns Out Your Favorite Movie Is Racist, Now What?

It Turns Out Everything Is Racist, Now What?

The only thing in you that is not racist is your guilt. You must grow and cultivate it. A guilty electorate is a compliant electorate. That's how we achieve progress.

During WWII, Italian filmmakers were very impressed with Gone with the Wind. They, too, wanted to create an epic drama of historic proportions - and chose to make an adaptaton of Ayn Rand's novel "We the Living."

The movie turned out great and it was marketed as the Italian competition to Gone with the Wind. THe Italian cultural officials then recommended it to their allies, Nazi German officials, to run it in Germany as an anti-communist film. But when the Nazis watched it, they were insensed, saying that the film is as anti-fascist as it is anti-communist, because it's ultimately anti-collectivist.

All copies of that film were ordered to be destroyed including the original. This is where Gone with the Wind picks up the analogy with fascist censorship, this time in our age.

But We the Living survived because the person in charge at the last moment replaced it with a different film. After decades in the cellar it was discovered and translated into English.

It's a great, poverful movie, dealing with the same events as Doctor Zhivago, but with a much better and more meaningful plot and set of characters. But not many people know about it because our cultural establishment sympathizes wth communists and acts like fascists. The same establishment that is now trying to ban Gone with the Wind had earlier turned We the Living into a non-movie because of its anti-communist sentiment.

130217-we-the-living-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

I demand - yes, demand - that Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb be memory-holed, effective immediately.

There is not only explicit RRRacism there (Lieutenant Zogg, the only blackamoor on board of the B-52, instead of sitting comfortably in pilot's seat, toils underdeck; truly a wonder they din't make him pick cotton there).

There also is bombing. Hydrogene bombing! Of the pristine environment! Of Siberia, the Motherland of Soviets! Soviets, whom we should embrace as a part of our One World's Humanity!

Then, it drips of sexism. Remember the War Room? No womyn, no transperson. All male, and worse: all white! Next, macho Major Kong, heating the climate with his B-52, and his "three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings, and prophylactics"!

Sure, there is a woman (a single(!!!) one). General Turgidson's secretary. And what does she do? Welters in bed, nothig else, just welters in bed! Waiting for Turgidson's "blast off"! Turgidson, who dreams of the "10:1 female-to-male ratio" (provided by a Nazi villain, what else). If that's not sexual violence, Komrades...

Sexism, racism, patriarchalism, bombing, and heated climate going down the nuclear toilet! Wipe out that shameful spectacle, including the original raw footage!

(and the best comes last: Kubrick was a Joo!)

Dear Comrade Dummkopf,

I am saddened to hear your call for the elimination of my 'favorite' movie, Dr. Strangelove. As YOU have noticed, I am partial to the Soviet Premier! Anyway, back to being a 'man of the people' as you might say. It's good to be the King!

As Always, Your Humble Liquidator,

Dimitri!

Dimitri Kissov wrote:... I am saddened to hear your call for the elimination ...
My bad, tavarishch Premier Kissov. I forgot (sigh, that happens so easily to Dummkopfs) to mention the EXTRAS.

Of course you, as well as your Ambassador DeSadeski will not - repeat: will NOT - be purged, or eliminated, or - Bozhe pomiluy! - liquidated.

That EXTRA case was presented to, discussed with, and rubber-stamped by Commander Ekh-Raz-Yeshchyo-Raz, the Yezhov of Revolyushongrad. So everything is fine!