Gov. Whitmer: Abortion during Coronavirus is Life Sustaining

The governor of Michigan said Thursday that abortion is “life sustaining.”

Whitmer.jpg

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, discussed abortion in times of the coronavirus pandemic during David Axelrod's Axe Files podcast posted Thursday. Whitmer, who has drawn criticism for the coronavirus restrictions she's implemented, noted that while Michigan has put a hold on performing all elective surgeries, abortions can still be performed in the state and are considered essential.

“A woman's healthcare, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an election, it is a fundamental to her life,” Whitmer said. “It is life sustaining and it's something that government should not be getting in the middle of. ”

Gov. Whitmer appeared on the podcast of former Obama adviser David Axelrod

Oh how wise this Kommissar is! Indeed, such elective procedures as hip replacements and tumor removals are mere luxuries, whereas the destruction of an infant excision of uterus contents is a fundamental life-sustaining necessity.

OFF:
One of my friends has had her scheduled hip replacement postponed, and another has had a tumor removal postponed. In the latter case, the tumor appears to be benign, but since it's very close to where a malignant tumor was recently removed, this is a touch-and-go situation. Both of these people are in the "vulnerable" class, i.e., elderly, so they're under house arrest and being refused the surgeries "for their own good."

Antonio Salazarinski wrote: Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, said:

“A woman's healthcare, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an election, it is a fundamental to her life,”

So why is it that she cannot make that decision before opening up the garden for planting? Why must the decision wait until the crop starts coming in before clearing the land?

[Prog Off]

Many years ago, in a land not very far, far away, this young prole had a job in a local hospital doing pre-op administrative work.

This is when Roe v. Wade was first being twisted into penumbras and Pretzel Logic was no longer just a Steely Dan album (remember vinyl?). A womyn could get an abortion, on the gubmint dime, merely by saying "I don't know what I'll do with a baby! I might kommit suicide!"

That was 'for the life of the mother'.

That was four decades ago. I am sure it is even worse now.

Thank god it is 'life sustaining'.

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:[Prog Off]

Many years ago, in a land not very far, far away, this young prole had a job in a local hospital doing pre-op administrative work.

This is when Roe v. Wade was first being twisted into penumbras and Pretzel Logic was no longer just a Steely Dan album (remember vinyl?). A womyn could get an abortion, on the gubmint dime, merely by saying "I don't know what I'll do with a baby! I might kommit suicide!"

That was 'for the life of the mother'.

That was four decades ago. I am sure it is even worse now.

Thank god it is 'life sustaining'.

[PROG OFF]
I agree. I remember pre-Roe New York in the 1960s, when they had the "life of the mother" exception. Everyone knew that all it took was a claim to be pre-suicidal about a pregnancy, and a permission slip was issued for a "therapeutic" abortion in a city hospital. Now "therapeutic" is too mild. It has to be "life-sustaining." Probably a setup in case of the overturn of Roe v. Wade and a return of the "life of the mother" exception.

The condition was termed "Situational Anxiety".

I was often anxious of my situation in my younger days. Somehow, I never killed anyone because of it.

Life sustaining. Well that's a new one. I assume the Governor means for the woman, the child sacrificed might see it differently. idk.

Surrealisto de fierros wrote:You are not a person until Mommy Says!
And you are not a Mommy until you define yourself as such.
Then the clump of cells becomes a person.
Unless you change your mind.
Mommyhood, like gender, is fluid.

RedDiaperette wrote:
Surrealisto de fierros wrote:You are not a person until Mommy Says!
And you are not a Mommy until you define yourself as such.
Then the clump of cells becomes a person.
Unless you change your mind.
Mommyhood, like gender, is fluid.

It sure as dang heck is...says the barren mythical horned rodent from the Life Just Ain't Fair Department.

Gosh, RD...do you think we've evolved into Hydro-Feminism?? Decision becomes like this kind of beaver rodent implemented for public purpose...or feline Pussy Galore agent of Spectre built dam, upon the fluidity of those claiming to have a female/nurture mind?

We need some serious grant money, or corporate endowment through The People's Art and Humanities Institution to study this further.

Dam Choice Now!

Right??

Like Dot said in Raising Arizona, "Take that pussy hat off your head and put it back on this fine Institution's Cat, right now!."

mythical horned rodent forelock tug,
'pelipsky