Leftist: This is the Perfect Time to Abolish the Family!

Amid lockdowns and “shelter-in-place” orders and social distancing from strangers and even friends, the coronavirus pandemic has been a time, for many of us, of reaffirming the centrality of family in our lives.

For utopians of the radical left, though, the pandemic is an opportunity to deconstruct flawed, traditional familial bonds and remake the world along the lines of new-and-improved, collectivist possibilities.

Sophie Lewis.jpg

Author Sophie Lewis (pictured above) puts it bluntly in a recent opinion piece at Open Democracy: “We deserve better than the family. And the time of corona is an excellent time to practice abolishing it.”

The author of Full Surrogacy Now: Feminism Against Family, Sophie Lewis' academic work “focuses on eugenic, bioconservative and imperial feminism, queer and trans social reproduction, Black feminist family abolitionism, hydrofeminism, postgenomics, and Marxist-feminist accounts of care,” which seems like a lot to fit on a business card.

Writing in her article titled, “The coronavirus crisis shows it's time to abolish the family,” Lewis addresses what she calls “the unspoken and mostly unquestioned crux of the prescribed response to the pandemic: private homes.”

Ms. Lewis criticizes the assumption that we should all “stay at home” to contain the spread of the virus, arguing that:

1) not everybody has a home,

and

2) private property is already a “fundamentally unsafe space.”

Imagine my shock seeing an ugly academic feminist.

Give this gal a long enough shovel handle and she could upend the entire natural order.

'pelipsky

Ms Lewis is a classic social A-Hole and would be discontent and making trouble in Utopia.

Comrade Jenkem wrote:Imagine my shock seeing an ugly academic feminist.
Yes, what tortured pathway thru otherwise apparently normal gray matter has her neural circuitry taken? Ah well, perhaps she just needs a sense of direction, I will provide her a guide...

Stw4As.jpg

This champion of unfamily and unhome was no doubt spawned in a wilderness and fed by ravens and clothed by spiders as she grew, meanwhile being taught to write unintelligible jargon by kookaburras. Now, altruistically, she wishes to share with others all that she gained from having no family or home, is it not?

Antonio Salazarinski wrote:Amid lockdowns and “shelter-in-place” orders and social distancing from strangers and even friends, the coronavirus pandemic has been a time, for many of us, of reaffirming the centrality of family in our lives.

For utopians of the radical left, though, the pandemic is an opportunity to deconstruct flawed, traditional familial bonds and remake the world along the lines of new-and-improved, collectivist possibilities.

Sophie Lewis.jpg

Author Sophie Lewis (pictured above) puts it bluntly in a recent opinion piece at Open Democracy: “We deserve better than the family. And the time of corona is an excellent time to practice abolishing it.”

The author of Full Surrogacy Now: Feminism Against Family, Sophie Lewis' academic work “focuses on eugenic, bioconservative and imperial feminism, queer and trans social reproduction, Black feminist family abolitionism, hydrofeminism, postgenomics, and Marxist-feminist accounts of care,” which seems like a lot to fit on a business card.

Writing in her article titled, “The coronavirus crisis shows it's time to abolish the family,” Lewis addresses what she calls “the unspoken and mostly unquestioned crux of the prescribed response to the pandemic: private homes.”

Ms. Lewis criticizes the assumption that we should all “stay at home” to contain the spread of the virus, arguing that:

and

I like the fact that she is a Hydro-Feminist! I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds important.

Antonio Salazarinski wrote:
Antonio Salazarinski wrote:Amid lockdowns and “shelter-in-place” orders and social distancing from strangers and even friends, the coronavirus pandemic has been a time, for many of us, of reaffirming the centrality of family in our lives.

Sophie Lewis.jpg

and

I like the fact that she is a Hydro-Feminist! I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds important.

The mythical horned rodent is so glad this Hydro-Feminist has a safe Ivory Tower of Public Academia to remain isolated from the fundamentally unsafe space of private property and their abusive tone when directing their screen doors not to smack her behind.

Comrade Antonio, would a Hyrdro-Feminist's behind burst like a water balloon with the net force of screen door impact?

Thank Marx for public owned academic safe spaces.

forelock tug,
Jackalopelipsky

[OFF]

I looked up "Hydrofeminism". Here is the most concise definition I could find that wasn't behind a paywall:

exploration of watery worldings, trans-corporeal trauma and oceanic healing

I swear that a lot of this stuff is just people trying to look busy to keep their job. There is no god damned way you can put those words in that order without trying to impress somebody somewhere. Even a mental patient with 206 personalities couldn't come up with this crap.

Group-1.jpg
Adventurous Comrades,

Before you click the link below, tie one end of a short rope around your waist and the other end to a secure object. As you read the article you may find your thoughts begin sliding uncontrollably toward a bottomless rabbit hole of madness. Use the rope to guide yourself back to sanity.

Ready?

I'm so happy my tax money is spent on brave people like these... Stunning...

Captain Craptek wrote:
Group-1.jpg
Adventurous Comrades,

Before you click the link below, tie one end of a short rope around your waist and the other end to a secure object. As you read the article you may find your thoughts begin sliding uncontrollably toward a bottomless rabbit hole of madness. Use the rope to guide yourself back to sanity.

Ready?

[OFF]

Craptek, you forgot to remind them to bring a few barrels of water and a case or two of MREs.

CC,

Fellow rodent Comrade, 'pelipsky's wondering...and maybe 'pelipsky should run it by Supreme Director first, but this dancing for the pleasure of houseplants surely needs some good reeducated lyrical Karaokes for hydro-feminists to use for their pole dancin' review for houseplants. Maybe an extended dance mix compilation?

Just some hair-brained thoughts as the mythical horned rodent returns from the center of this artistic self exhibitionist maze using advised rope tied to sanity for return trip.

Also, is this exhibit funded by The People's National Endowment for Arts? Or, did these chicks, their houseplants, and donkeys, get laid off by The People's Kennedy Center like the rest of the performing artists in order to maintain The People's Kennedy Center for The People's Art Posterity?

your comrade of rodent cousin-i-tude,
'pelipsky

Captain Craptek wrote:
Group-1.jpg
Adventurous Comrades,

Ready?

I had to take a second, third, and forth look at that photo. The lady in the blue cap looks exactly like a woman I many dated years ago.

My military duties brought me to Canada for a year some time back, where I learned that "hydro" is the common term for electricity (as in hydroelectricity) .

Is it possible that our above hydro-feminist is from Canukistan and requires power to function, or does she go all feminist when her (ahem) "accessories" run out of power?

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:My military duties brought me to Canada for a year some time back, where I learned that "hydro" is the common term for electricity (as in hydroelectricity) .

Is it possible that our above hydro-feminist is from Canukistan and requires power to function, or does she go all feminist when her (ahem) "accessories" run out of power?

This theory of Ivan's about hydro-feminism could actually hold water. As original reported here, there is even MORE important ClimateChangetologist stuff going on in the The People's Amazon's Rain Forest than just getting to see exotic frogs capable of killing creatures larger than themselves.

Get this factored into your convection oven understanding of hydro-feminism, comrades.

It is hydrology that drives circulation!

In essence, Gorshkov and Makarieva claim both from their theory and from world-wide observations that the condensation of water vapour at cloud-forming altitudes brings about a sharp reduction in local atmospheric pressure such as to generate an implosion of sufficient strength as to suck up air from the surface.

That upwards-directed flow necessarily leads to air moving horizontally over the surface to fill the partial vacuum, and hence the idea that the trade winds, skimming over the surface of the Atlantic Ocean on their way from Africa to equatorial South America, are sucked in as a result of cloud formation over the Amazon's rainforests.

Above, where the clouds form, the easterly jet stream, associated with the Earth's spin Coriolis Force, adds its own suction to the process, such that the implosion of air as the water vapour condenses in cloud-forming can better suck upwards rather than downwards so generating the convection which we so readily see from satellite imagery.

That process, according to the biotic pump theory, explains large-scale convection. And even if heresy to say it, the theory dictates that it is not - as described in climatological models such as the GCMs, the General Circulation Models - the mass circulation of air which drives the hydrological cycle, but the hydrological cycle which drives the mass circulation of air.

If we accept the theory, the great tropical Hadley Cell Air Mass Circulation is therefore driven by the processes of convection which take place over the 6 million square kilometre Amazon Basin, the 'fuel' for that convection being contingent on the high rate of water vapour pumping from the closed-canopy vegetation.
Hydro-feminism is really all about energy production and how it produces showers for plants and animals across the fruited plain.And, it's a theory about hydro-feminist theory, that can really hold some water.forelock tug,'pelipsky

Captain Craptek wrote:
Group-1.jpg
Adventurous Comrades,

Ready?

I'd say this is more like a Swedish group auditioning for the new sequel "Midwintar".

Most Equal Kollective,

I must thank the Equally Fuzzy Tailed Captain Craptek for pointing us to the article defining the Current Truth ™ on Hydrofeminism. As an Ichthyoid I am generally for anything hydro. With the exception of hydro electric dams. They get in the way of my social agenda, if you get my drift. I digress.

I found this part of the article both illuminating and confusing:

"Dea Antonsen: It's not that abstract, really. You take a sip of water, and that water will flow through you and onwards out into the world. Understanding that interconnectedness gives rise to a new kind of ethical obligation. Suddenly, something very distant and remote feels up close and intimate. Just imagine: you share the water you drink with someone on the other side of the world. This introduces a whole new way of seeing and understanding your own interconnected body. Water is transnational, trans-species and trans-corporeal."

How is that different than air? Or are these womyn just fascinated with their own bodily fluids? I am so confused. I know I'm just a simple fish. Please help me out.

Not sure about what's flowing in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Well, when you think about it, every drop of water has passed through something's kidneys at least once.

Red Salmon wrote:Most Equal Kollective,

I must thank the Equally Fuzzy Tailed Captain Craptek for pointing us to the article defining the Current Truth ™ on Hydrofeminism. As an Ichthyoid I am generally for anything hydro. With the exception of hydro electric dams. They get in the way of my social agenda, if you get my drift. I digress.

I found this part of the article both illuminating and confusing:

"Dea Antonsen: It's not that abstract, really. You take a sip of water, and that water will flow through you and onwards out into the world. Understanding that interconnectedness gives rise to a new kind of ethical obligation. Suddenly, something very distant and remote feels up close and intimate. Just imagine: you share the water you drink with someone on the other side of the world. This introduces a whole new way of seeing and understanding your own interconnected body. Water is transnational, trans-species and trans-corporeal."

How is that different than air? Or are these womyn just fascinated with their own bodily fluids? I am so confused. I know I'm just a simple fish. Please help me out.

Not sure about what's flowing in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Most equal Ichthyoidus Red Salmon, maybe we've finally found those Russian Hookers Trump hired to golden shower their bodily fluids upon the Obama's (pbuh&h) notell motel mattress.

So much is flowin' in the Current Truth™ these days tryin' to get in the way of every comrade's social agenda it takes one slippery fish to leap across great distance to move upstream.

forelock tug,
'pelipsky