Logical Fallacies 101

One of the most popular logical fallacies is...

The Appeal to Authority

frontcover19.jpg
When you got nothing, write-up a fallacious statement and get people to attach their names to it. Then point at them and use the time-tested logical fallacy of The Appeal to Authority. - Joe Biden

Absolutely true, Margaret. Appeal to Authority is one of the many Rhetological Fallacies (or phallacies if you're Phrench).

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visu ... fallacies/

Margaret,

Perfect timing with this post!

A couple of days ago, I got to thinking about U.N. Agenda 2030, and how some nations (mostly western) seem to be going great guns to meet the goals set forth in that extensive document, driving their countries into the ground, while one of the key drafters of this document (China) is forging ahead with building new coal fired power plants and ordering 100 million metric tons of coal from Russia, and is running concentration camps and slave labor camps and industries. I was going to write something up, but just couldn't figure how best describe what is going on. Then along comes your post! Agenda 2030 is a Logical Fallacy composed mostly by China!

All the world's nations signed it, and yes, China signed it too, because this fallacy came from the U.N. However, China is just using Agenda 2030 to tear the West apart for them. What a clever scheme!

Red Snapper wrote:
3/19/2022, 8:24 pm
Margaret,

Perfect timing with this post!

A couple of days ago, I got to thinking about U.N. Agenda 2030, and how some nations (mostly western) seem to be going great guns to meet the goals set forth in that extensive document, driving their countries into the ground, while one of the key drafters of this document (China) is forging ahead with building new coal fired power plants and ordering 100 million metric tons of coal from Russia, and is running concentration camps and slave labor camps and industries. I was going to write something up, but just couldn't figure how best describe what is going on. Then along comes your post! Agenda 2030 is a Logical Fallacy composed mostly by China!

All the world's nations signed it, and yes, China signed it too, because this fallacy came from the U.N. However, China is just using Agenda 2030 to tear the West apart for them. What a clever scheme!
The road to Next Tuesday is lined with cardboard Potemkin village fronts where authority figures pretend to dwell.

"(China) is forging ahead with building new coal fired power plants and ordering 100 million metric tons of coal from Russia.......,not to mention that China has been busy building large evil oil refineries with good sound financial contracts from western corporations and is enjoying the benefits of good old Yankee engineering that will provide the path to all the benefits that refined petroleum and related products has to offer especially since, as good progressives, we don't want to endure the wrath of Gaia and the many disciples..... 

22570-Mt Rushmore.jpg

Come now. "Used" is so vulgar. "Pre-owned" is far more genteel.

Well, the President* is obviously for sale. I'm not sure if "used" or "pre-owned" is appropriate. Perhaps selling him as "a new addition" would work better. I mean, if you're going to sell the President*, you need to get the marketing right. Unless your trying to sell him on Craigslist.

Perhaps (Current) Truth in Advertising could still be achieved with a euphemism. Like "Rode hard and put away wet." Or maybe "Only sniffed little old ladies on their way to church on Sundays"? I will stop now. There is someone at the door.

Only trying to help in The Current Truth™,

Red Salmon