Minnesota Mecca

minnesota mecca2 256.jpg

Source
Minnesota Mecca

The Minnesota City of Edina has recognized the Islamic holidays of Eid al-Fitr, Eid al-Adha and the Hindu holiday of Diwali. Offices will be closed in Edina and we expect this trend to be state and nation wide as Minnesota often leads the nation on progressive positions. A state blessed with confiscatory rates on property and income tax can well afford to expand its religious celebrations.

Mecca.jpg
Minnesota's affinity for adopting cultural diversity is well established. Its imported Hmong and Somali populations are booming. It is unknown at this time whether Hmongs have religious celebrations but we are open to the idea. We extend our gratitude to our predominantly Lutheran community for the importation of this cultural diversity. We can always count on our Lutheran majority's compassionate guilt to reach out. Hopefully we will see a Martin Luther Muslim outreach bringing additional hoards of Hmongs, Somalis and Muslims to our collective of diversity.

Minnesota politicians were unavailable for comment. They were busy liberalizing state welfare benefits for their expanding Hispanic population.

Muslim, known for their flexibility, could recreate the "throwing stones at the devil" tradition in downtown Minneapolis. Lacking the Pillars of Mena, Muslims could throw stones at the statue of Mary Tyler Moore on the Nicollette Mall. There is no statue of Lou Grant which would be a far more appropriate target in the minds of Conservatives.

It shall be done, for as Minnesotan Bob Dylan sang:

But I would not feel so alone, everybody must get stoned!

The Minnesota City of Edina ...
Sure that's not Medina?

Fhalkyn wrote:
Vrag Naroda wrote:
The Minnesota City of Edina ...
Sure that's not Medina?
Comradess Naroda is truly an observant young woman! Yes, it is Medina, but some T-Party *spit* thugs removed the "M" to promote their Islamophobic agenda.
I too noticed Comrade Vrag Naroda's attention to detail. Remove our Comrade from the Vote Counting Detail immediately and transfer to the Hay Binding Committee.

Haha, sorry comrades! I'll be sure to re-educate myself immediately.