NEWSFLASH: Obama is a Trekkie!

Leonard Nimoy: Barack Obama a Star Trek Fan

So I'm surfing the net in search of some hard news—because I like my news the way I like my men—and I stumble across this bright and shiny object of an article that is clearly designed to distract me from, oh, I don't know—Obama going to another daughter's soccer game that is nowhere on anyone's schedule, or Obama revoking that Executive Order crybaby Stupak whined for before he'd agree to be a part of America's greatest historical moment ever.

I do know Obama made a speech at Kennedy Space Center last week, wherein he held forth on his bold, brilliant new plan to land man on an asteroid somewhere. Many former astronauts pooh-poohed this idea, to include the First Man on the Moon, Neil Armstrong.

Clearly there was only one thing for the MSM to do in defense of Obama, in the face of so much opposition from those who have actually engaged in space exploration, and that was to trot out an actor who once played a space alien on TV—not that I'm sure how that's any different from Dear Leader himself, since we all know he is not of this world, but one sent to us from above, perhaps from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . .

Indeed, I'm reminded of an old Simpsons episode in which they attend the Springfield Bi-Monthly Science Fiction Convention, or Bi-Mon Sci-Fi Con, wherein hordes of dateless wonders and fortysomething male virgins line up for miles just to meet actors who play various roles in the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises. Meanwhile, poor Neil Armstrong, erstwhile American hero, is stuffed into a dark corner looking like Cindy Sheehan at one of her booksignings, pleading for someone, anyone, to come and shake hands with him since unlike everyone else there, he really has been to outer space.

But I digress. Comrade Nimoy, aka Spock, is trotted out like a typical Party poster boy to make the following profound observation about Our Leader:

"I know for sure he's a Star Trek fan," he said, because the first time the two men met, President Obama made Spock's traditional V-shaped finger spread.

Earth to Spock: You don't need to be a Trekkie to know that. I'm not a Trekkie and I've always known about the V-shaped live-long-and-prosper gesture.

Heck, I'm no fan of Harry Potter either, never read the books, never yanked my kids out of school to see the movies. Yet I know what Muggles are, and that Voldemort is a registered Republican who owns stock in Enron and Halliburton, and has also been photographed in a three-way with Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann. Oh, and I also know that he killed Dumbledore on orders from Bush.

The important thing is we know now that Obama is a Trekkie and the Trekkie voting bloc is thus secure. Let us sleep well tonight, and live long and prosper—for as long as Obama's health and economic policies will allow.

Or as Obama quotes it, "Don't live too long, OR prosper".

ummm, maybe this explains dear Leaders constant and continual use of his finger? Maybe he is attempting to give us the Trekkie V sign and simply forget to raise the other finger? Yes, I conclude that it is. No President would intentionally give Madame Hillary or the American public the birdie.

Image Image He is so resourceful after all.

Comrade O'Trekkie however, has a big problem with Houston.

ummm, is that an "O" truly a sign of progress? I looks much like the rear end of a elephants which we saw in the zoo.

Too bad "In Search Of" was canceled many years ago. We could send Leonard in search of Obama's birth certificate. He could use The Guardian of Forever and set his tricorder for August 1961.

Mrs Al Czarweary wrote:It is possible to see such resemblance.
barack-obama-as-star-trek-spock.jpg
May you live long and re-distribute.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Earth to Spock: You don't need to be a Trekkie to know that. I'm not a Trekkie and I've always known about the V-shaped live-long-and-prosper gesture.
Oh, come on, for Stalin's sake! It's like the secret Inner Party handshake where you use your right foot and and the other person's left ear to imitate the shape of The Cube. Who doesn't know that!?

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
Oh, come on, for Stalin's sake! It's like the secret Inner Party handshake

Icksnay on the secret andshake eh

shhh.jpg