Notable/Quotable: Defeating authoritarianism with authoritarianism

From Letters to the Editor at the WSJ [emphisis mine]:

Your editorial “Gasoline Price Amnesia” (April 6) omits my advocacy for bipartisan policies to increase short-term oil production. I strongly support the president’s decision to release 180 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. I have also called for the government to buy oil to refill our reserves, guaranteeing a floor price that economists agree will boost production.

Americans are getting fleeced with a 29% year-to-date increase in oil prices and a 20% increase in gas prices in the past month. Big Oil is making record profits as a result of Vladimir Putin’s war and putting billions into stock buybacks. My windfall-profit tax, proposed with Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, will go after corporate profiteering and give an inflation rebate to Americans to help with gas bills.

There is nothing stopping Big Oil from ramping up production to bring down prices. Their CEOs admitted this in a recent survey. Instead, they retrain production because their investors on Wall Street would rather pocket the profits than invest in new projects. My bill with Mr. Whitehouse will incentivize short-term production and a decline in gas prices similar to what happened in the early 1980s.

In the long run, what will bring price stability is investment in renewable energy. That’s why six months ago I called on oil companies to invest more in renewable energy and diversify their energy sources consistent with their commitment to the Paris accord.

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy challenged us to win the Soviet space race. In this century, we need a moonshot for renewable energy to end our dependence on petro-authoritarian regimes in Russia, Iran, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. By achieving energy independence, we can ensure that liberal democracy prevails over authoritarian regimes.

Rep. Ro Khanna (D., Calif.)

This is the same Ro Khanna who earlier fell for Russian propaganda and brought the Azov-Nazi fraud to US Congress. What he is doing now will also benefit Putin in the long run, despite his claims to the contrary, because all their lamebrain green policies are tantamount to America's self-castration.

I quoted this article before, and here it is again:

In the article Did California's Ro Khanna get duped by Russia's propaganda? Harrison writes,

Congratulations, Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), it appears you were just duped by Russia (and bragged about it). As a result, you promoted Russian propaganda about Ukraine’s Azov Battalion being Nazis with text in the behemoth $1.3 trillion spending bill. The question is, who put you up to it? . . .

It is ridiculous nonsense that Ukraine is beset with a bunch of Nazis. The Russians have been pushing this foolishness for a while. In Russia, if you want to discredit someone, call them a Nazi. Putin is using it to justify his war to his subjects. Russians are not particularly keen on attacking Ukraine. But if it is to free them from the yoke of Nazis, well, that’s different.

The reason why the Kremlin is using information war against the Azov Battalion, specifically, is partially because they sometimes make themselves easy PR targets. These are guys with guns fighting a Russian invasion, not a PR agency with media training. But the bigger reason is that the Azov Battalion is one of the most effective defensive units.

Russia can’t beat them on the battlefield, so they use K Street lobbyist sellouts to help cripple them. Who wants to provide guns to fascists? Nobody. That is the ruse you fell for. . . .

In this instance, the Russian active measure began with an article in a publication that should know better: Foreign Policy. John Conyers read the piece on the Congressional Record. It then spread like wildfire among lazy journalists and Russia’s network of fools, knaves and propagandists. . . .

Russia is attacking the U.S., and quisling K Street lobbyists are helping them. Help us identify them.

"(D., Calif.)" is like a warning label for rational thinkers.

Rationalizations aren’t meant to explain, rationalizations are meant to tell you to shut-up.

Comrades, I enjoy all of these wonderful deep words of wisdom from various concerned individuals who write against authoritarianism, who may bring a smile to the skeptics. However, I find myself agreeing with the glorious premise of getting fleeced! Why, after careful reflection and wisdom gathered from past life experiences and the dark messages channeled through various broken shards of piston rings carefully arranged on the hood of my Prius, I have concluded that as superior species, we must halt all the damages done by Trump and his big oil buddies. Perhaps we should begin by releasing all the trapped air that has been hijacked from the atmosphere and forced into all vehicle tires, which should be replaced with farm-fresh flatulence provided by assorted evil bovines and or greenhouse gases until bicycle paths can replace the stop gapped electric charging stations that have fallen into disuse since shutting down all electric provided by evil generators. We cannot wait another day to witness our environment's wreaking so that the children we have yet aborted and grandchildren we have groomed will feel safe and secure in their kindergarten sex-ed classes. While we, as citizens of Giai, have consistently shown disdain for America and the free enterprise system, we need to convey our open hostility to those who disagree or those who have not had their lives ruined or doxed. I believe that they should be taxed for all the air they breathe, and all consumed sunshine should also be taxed and regulated by gifted individuals whose offices are in a remote bunker thousands of miles away on some remote island. I am quite sure that after careful placement of like-minded individuals within the judicial system, we can search and find the laws within the living and breathing document called the “Constitution” written by a bunch of old grumpy men wearing powdered wigs and high heeled pumps, long before transgenderism became fashionable. Congress should either raise gas prices or enact taxes on the very air and sunshine for the extravagance of our survival.

Thank you Gabby Trashmouth. I’m particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic prog gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Panem Et Circenses wrote:
4/11/2022, 1:56 pm
DCA.jpg

Trashmouth, 'pelipsky had such a spectacularly good reading experience as your writing assembled. When you drew context from--- air!!!. ‘pelipsky’s eyes and comprehending mythical mind... which, btw comrades has been enduring Headaches from other hijacked air victims!! Not all hijacked air hostages are in tires, comrades. Regardless of tread, steel mesh, encased petroleum byproducticle, or size. Oh, no!, comrades.

In sucking the air out of life, right now, hijacked air victims exist in a crisis hostage situation in Party balloons across The PartyLand. Trashmouth, you are the Jackson Pollock of thought! But, lately, comrades, headaches caused by the crisis of trapped and victimized air of the mythical horned rodent has the mythical mind stewed, or wish it was lately. In discussion with furriers and taxidermists for solutions.

But not too much of a headache of reading the Build It Back Babble Talk going on in op-Ed’s Screen Written by Rep. Ro Khanna (D., Calif.).

Thank you, Margaret

Here's the "Whoomp, There It Is" scene of Ro’s op ed written by Screen Writers Guild of California Democrats.

“ I strongly support the president’s decision to release 180 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. I have also called for the government to buy oil to refill our reserves, guaranteeing a floor price that economists agree will boost production.”

Whoomp, there it is!

So why not end Biden’s Embargo of American oil and cut out the tax ensuffering middle men? That oil and gas is trapped, held victim to seismic forces! Those grades of crude are in need of a rescue mission from the earth they are in. The Biden Embargo of American Oil and Gas is holding them in a crisis situation behind the Federal Wall.

Listen, comrades, that oil and gas is down there, suffering in a unnecessary hostage situation! That oil and gas, is American, just like you, comrade.

That oil and gas are Victims of Amerikkkan suppression by an illegitimate elected, appointed, administration! Release American Petroleum and Gas!!! Knock down this Federal Wall holding petroleum and gas in a hostage situation! It's inhumane torture, comrades!

Death to the Biden Embargo of American Crude! Death to the Hostage Crisis preventing the rescue of suppressed oil and gas!

Is that too strident, comrades? But time's wastin' and that oil and gas is down there, comrades, waiting and hoping to be rescued....!!!

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
4/11/2022, 3:38 pm
Thank you Gabby Trashmouth. I’m particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic prog gibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.
I wholeheartedly agree, Comrade Moneybag$. I've been a longtime admirer of our friend Gabby...actually from the very first time I read one of his posts. He continues to rock the truth in a very interesting and honest way. Ya just can't beat that.

Panem Et Circenses wrote:
4/11/2022, 1:56 pm
Thank you for pointing this out!

jackalopelipsky wrote:
4/12/2022, 12:24 pm
Trashmouth, 'pelipsky had such a spectacularly good reading experience as your writing assembled. When you drew context from--- air!!!. ‘pelipsky’s eyes and comprehending mythical mind... which, btw comrades has been enduring Headaches from other hijacked air victims!! Not all hijacked air hostages are in tires, comrades. Regardless of tread, steel mesh, encased petroleum byproducticle, or size. Oh, no!, comrades.

In sucking the air out of life, right now, hijacked air victims exist in a crisis hostage situation in Party balloons across The PartyLand. Trashmouth, you are the Jackson Pollock of thought! But, lately, comrades, headaches caused by the crisis of trapped and victimized air of the mythical horned rodent has the mythical mind stewed, or wish it was lately. In discussion with furriers and taxidermists for solutions.

But not too much of a headache of reading the Build It Back Babble Talk going on in op-Ed’s Screen Written by Rep. Ro Khanna (D., Calif.).

Thank you, Margaret

Here's the "Whoomp, There It Is" scene of Ro’s op ed written by Screen Writers Guild of California Democrats.
“ I strongly support the president’s decision to release 180 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. I have also called for the government to buy oil to refill our reserves, guaranteeing a floor price that economists agree will boost production.”

Whoomp, there it is!

So why not end Biden’s Embargo of American oil and cut out the tax ensuffering middle men? That oil and gas is trapped, held victim to seismic forces! Those grades of crude are in need of a rescue mission from the earth they are in. The Biden Embargo of American Oil and Gas is holding them in a crisis situation behind the Federal Wall.

Listen, comrades, that oil and gas is down there, suffering in a unnecessary hostage situation! That oil and gas, is American, just like you, comrade.

That oil and gas are Victims of Amerikkkan suppression by an illegitimate elected, appointed, administration! Release American Petroleum and Gas!!! Knock down this Federal Wall holding petroleum and gas in a hostage situation! It's inhumane torture, comrades!

Death to the Biden Embargo of American Crude! Death to the Hostage Crisis preventing the rescue of suppressed oil and gas!

Is that too strident, comrades? But time's wastin' and that oil and gas is down there, comrades, waiting and hoping to be rescued....!!!
Dear Sista pelipsky,

I can see that you are upset and, well, I would like to up the stridency another megawatt just to show my empathy with you. But, no, sweetheart, you are not too strident for me. Thing is, I have "friends" who tell me they liked what Trump was doing BUT they wish he wasn't such a "bull in a China shop". I asked them where the China shop was. The world is not a China shop fogoddssakes!

I was also asked if I minded how Trump spoke online and I said, "absolutely not". In fact, I would never mind it and twice on Sundays. He said he would fight back and he did. In doing so he exposed the ugly underbelly of our government for all to see. By responding to Trump they involuntarily revealed their true motives, time and time again.

We have to play the cards we have been dealt to the hilt!

What I see is, people can't handle bluntness and love to have smoke blown up their asses to the point that they actually feel a sexual pleasure from that. So they crave more. Seriously.

In my neighborhood's "Next door" posts, I heard a woman say: "Biden has been so good to us." She didn't mention any particular thing he had "helped" with but, my guess is she loved the smoke being blown like a hurricane, up her a**.